Iowa Roll Call

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by bellbear, Jul 29, 2008.

1. GlobalGirl

GlobalGirl Adventurer

Oddometer:

Excellent! Good for you. I've just now been able to get my bikes out of my iced-over driveway, so I'm riding again now. I've got a black BMW GS 1200 Adventure with the ADV sticker on it as well. I also just got a used suzuki drz400 to mess around with, so it's been fun to be able to get out on that one and not worry so much about dropping it on ice!
  2. ChuckHazzard

ChuckHazzard Registered Lurker

Oddometer:
    The corn state,11 curves in 318 miles (Iafalls IA)
    Pics?
    :dunno

:hide
  3. ShrinerDan

ShrinerDan Helping kids walk

Oddometer:
    Here's the collection.
    [​IMG]
    2009 KLR 650.
    [​IMG]
    2007 V-star 650 custom
    [​IMG]
    1973 Suzuki TS-250 that will be the spring time project bike.
  4. Jdubb

Jdubb DL1000, WR250R

Oddometer:
    Hi Danael,
    Nice looking 250. I sold it new in 73.
    I hope the restore goes well.

jw
  5. El Guero

El Guero Long timer

Oddometer:
    If anyone is interested, I can try to put together a monthly Eastern Iowa Saturday breakfast once the weather warms up. I think Iowa City would be a good spot as it is centrally located and close to where I live :lol3
  6. ShrinerDan

Oddometer:
    I'd be all for a breakfeast dealie. how about we make a poll and see what everyone else thinks. I'll post it.
  7. GlobalGirl

GlobalGirl Adventurer

Oddometer:

Sounds like a great idea. I'd be interested and glad to help. Perhaps the location could change each month or two in Northeast Iowa also, like Iowa City, Waterloo, Dubuque, etc. It could be hosted by different people in their community...perhaps a breakfast sometimes, or perhaps a lunch in a park, or whatever. Thanks for thinking of the idea.
  8. El Guero

El Guero Long timer

Oddometer:
    I tend to like more 'static' events than some sort of travelling dealie :lol3

I was thinking of having it in IC mostly for the folks in Cedar Rapids, IC, and the Quad Cities to have a central place to meet up at. Rotating into Dubuque wouldn't really fit that purpose anymore...

But by all means, if you want something up there just start a different event. If we have them on different Saturdays then if somebody from say Iowa City has a whole day to burn and go to Dubuque they can, otherwise it would be be too easy to miss a breakfast if you got busy for a weekend and the meet was 2-3 hours away.
  9. mjydrafter

mjydrafter evil boy for life

Oddometer:
    Interesting pair...:lol3
    [​IMG]
    Let me know if you run into any particular problems on the old Suzuki.

[​IMG]
    I need to get a newer pic of the KLR, as it's basically been rebuilt this winter.

I got people over in IA Cty, so I could see making a Saturday AM run over sometime.
  10. ShrinerDan

Oddometer:
    Well, right now the TS is non running due to flooding the carb over the winter. Been to cold out to tear into it to far. I have most of the parts to make it run and be legal again. Once the weather starts to get better I'll get her going again.
  11. KTM265

KTM265 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Count me in for the Saturday breakfast...

Here's a picture of my KTM 640 Adventure, ADV sticker and all... I picked it up from McGraths last Saturday. Had to do some regular fixes...sprockets, chain, tires, breaks...all ready to go. Weather is suppose to warm up this week too!!! :clap

[​IMG]
  12. El Guero

El Guero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sweet! I'm not used to knowing anybody with a KTM :lol3

Sounds like maybe I should do some snooping around for a breakfast place then. There has to be a good one downtown here, and we can sneak into the garages to avoid paying for parking so that isn't a huge concern either. There is an ADVer here in town who actually works at a diner that might be good for breakfast but I'll have to talk to him about what might work best for parking if we get more than a few people to show.
  13. mjydrafter

mjydrafter evil boy for life

Oddometer:
    I think the Hamburg Inn serves breakfast. Haven't eaten there for a long time. Good little greasey spoon with decent prices.

There's one over on the South side too, but I can't remember the name of it.
  14. WFRTony

WFRTony Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did you buy the '07 SM that was for sale in town?
  15. ShrinerDan

Oddometer:
    I just got home from a ride around Waterloo/Cedar Falls. That wind is a real killer today. 20 degrees I can handle but the wind with it I can do without. Just about got blown into a soccer mom on University Ave.
  16. KTM265

KTM265 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mt Vernon on Hwy 1 and Hwy 30 is a nice crossroads, dowtown Mt Vernon has a few nice mom and pop places to eat...no fears of parking issues and then after breakfast we can venture out for some back road riding...
  17. 30Bones

30Bones Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you know anything about KTM's and are interested in helping me get my Duke fired back up (electrical issues) I will provide :freaky, I am out of home brew at the moment. Need to get on that ASAP. I think I am going to mildly dual sport it this season if I can find an 18L tank and swap out the tires :wink:
  18. El Guero

El Guero Long timer

Oddometer:
    That might actually work pretty good. I actually like the sound of that better than finding a place to put half a dozen motorcycles in Iowa City on a Saturday morning :lol3
  19. 30Bones

30Bones Long timer

Oddometer:
    Parking is not THAT bad downtown, but no reason to go downtown other than to see college girls doing the walk o shame back home. :1drink
  20. ShrinerDan

Oddometer:
    Hey, Who's going to the swap meet at Hawkeye Downs on Saturday? I'm pretty sure I'll be there. :D