Jackson MS riders?

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by eeore39648, May 30, 2009.

1. BradH

BradH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. BradH

BradH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Never mind... That's the MSF manual... But from the .gov site so does that mean they are one in the same now?
  3. wolfy317

wolfy317 BMW ADDICT

Oddometer:

wow.......

My motorcycle test consisted of pretty much the same thing anti went through, which means that it hasn't changed here since '95. If you can ride it down the road and back, and not get killed, you get your bike license...
  4. backwoodsKLR

backwoodsKLR Ride more, Post Less.

Oddometer:

Welcome to "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you!" :D
  5. Anticyclone

Anticyclone Out

Oddometer:
    Just be sure to keep your "greasy booty" off of the grumpy DPS woman's truck:deal
  6. Kingsized

Kingsized Kingsized Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had some difficult questions too on my written. Like the ones that BW is talking about where there were multiple correct answers. I remember one that had a picture of a motorcycle traveling on a 2 way street with parked cars along the sides and another car coming in the opposite lane and a cross walk ahead. It asked what is the greatest danger?

1. Someone in the parked car opening a car door in front of you.
    2. The car in the opposite lane coming to you.
    3. A car behind you
    4. Pedestrian crossing

1 and 2 are pretty much a wash. Can't remember the other ones but they were similar. I passed so that is all that matters.

As far as the riding test, I took mine too off 468 in Rankin and I had a friend ride my bike over. The officer told me to make a loop in the back lot, pull out of of one entrance onto 468 and back in the other entrance and park. He was standing by the officer and told me that he wasn't even looking at me until I pulled back in off 468. I think all he wanted was to see if I had my blinker on when I came in.
  7. babarnette

babarnette Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The MSF manual is almost verbatim whats on the written test. Thunderhart and I just took the test a few weeks ago after I got caught riding without an endorsement. If you take an MSF course you are exempt from the road test but must pass the written test. My road test consisted of cranking the bike, a quick inspection, and driving about 50 feet in the parking lot. Thunderhart opted for the MSF course route. As others have said make sure you have an inspection sticker (make sure they fill it out or you'll get interrogated by MSHP), a physical insurance card, and your permit (you get it when you pass the written test). You can take the written and road test on the same day. If you read the MSF manual a few times you will have no problems passing the written test. Every question on the written test is taken directly from that manual. They stop testing at 4:00 pm. Good luck.
  8. backwoodsKLR

Oddometer:
    The other questions that I struggled with were totally subjective and open to interpretation, in my opinion.

They were the lane position 1, 2, or 3, questions... When passing parked cars ride in 1, when oncoming traffic ride in 2, etc. But when 2 or more object are involved in that equation, i didn't always agree with the book, but had to figure out the book answer to pass.

The group riding formation question was also worded poorly which caused some confusion on my part.
  9. BradH

BradH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lots of good info here for new riders! I really appreciate all the insight and info. How many questions are on the test? I am going to have to figure out a time to go take it as they don't make it very accessible for us working folks. I can probably cut out of here at 2 one day and working in Port Gibson, would probably run up to V'burg to take it. So assuming I get there at 2:30, think I will have enough time?
  10. backwoodsKLR

Oddometer:

It is a computerized touch screen test, with pictures. I think it was either 30 or 50 questions when i took it. Once you pass a majority it cuts off with a passing grade and you don't actually have to answer every single one. There is a "skip and come back to it later" option. On my second try, I skipped any I was unsure of, and answered enough that I was certain of that it never went back. Wish I had known that instead of guessing wrong answers the first time!!! :lol3
  11. tslaw

tslaw aged n00b

Oddometer:
    Vicksburg is sketchy. On the few times I've been there it was crowded and slow. 2:30 might get it done though.
  12. BradH

BradH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow! That's some helpful info right there too! Lol
  13. babarnette

babarnette Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's 25 questions now and you have to answer 20 out of 25 correctly. Actual test took me maybe 5 minutes. The longest part is waiting to take it. If you get there at 2:30 you should have plenty of time to take written test and maybe road test too.
  14. backwoodsKLR

Oddometer:
    So didja pass?!?!!? :ear
  15. BradH

BradH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Couldn't get away from work yesterday... Maybe today
  16. wolfy317

wolfy317 BMW ADDICT

Oddometer:
    Funniest DMV moment. Ever. Might be the ONLY funny dmv moment......:lol3
  17. BradH

BradH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    With flyin colors! No lines, walked in and out in 15 minutes in Vicksburg.
  18. backwoodsKLR

Oddometer:

Congrats! Let's go riding!!!! :D
  19. BradH

BradH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When and where?!:clap
  20. tslaw

tslaw aged n00b

Oddometer:

Wow, things must have changed since the last time I was there.