January 12th Coastal Ride (Newfoundland)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by DRZ400SK4, Jan 13, 2011.

1. DRZ400SK4

DRZ400SK4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    We've had no snow at all this winter, so far, over here on the Northeast side of the Avalon Peninsula, but since the weather forecast suggests that's all about to change tomorrow, I figured I had better get in another scoot along the coastal roads on my FZ1. It was only 1 degree Celsius, but it felt much warmer, thanks to the bright sunshine.

There was no chance to get my knee down, thanks to all the sand and gravel around, and the low angle of the sun, but it sure was fun, anyhow. And I finally had a chance to test the new camera boom I fabbed up over the holidays. Seemed to work well, and should only need a few tweeks and some fine tuning.

Here's a few captured snaps off the GoPro HD, and a short video from the ride...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/og1uuTtFVjI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/og1uuTtFVjI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. sgtpaco

sgtpaco HoosierDaddy?

Oddometer:
    Very nice...:thumb:thumb.... Crazy weather- snow covering 70% of the U.S. and no snow on the ground in Newfoundland. My neighborhood roads outside of Indianapolis have been snow/ice covered all but three days since December 1...:muutt:muutt
  3. DRZ400SK4

DRZ400SK4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep, very strange, indeed. Especially when you consider that St. John's is the provincial capital city which statistically gets more snowfall than any other in Canada.

There's snow falling here today, however. So I guess the unusually nice riding weather has finally come to an end. :cry