The All New LIQUID COOLED R1200GS threadfest

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Dorsicano, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Hambonee

Hambonee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Easy way to tell if you have enduro pro is the dash. When you turn on the bike there will be a little plug icon on the bottom of it.
  2. bemiiten

bemiiten League of Adventures

Oddometer:
    What I like right away with these is they extend over the head and help protect the Injectors and throttle body.
  3. ironklad

ironklad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Impressive, these are top of my list right now, how close of a color match will silver be to the frame?

Estimates on price/availability?

:thumb
  4. sbrownn

sbrownn SlowMo

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I'll check it out.
  5. wabtklr

wabtklr Land of the Free Because of the Brave!

Oddometer:
    Kurt from Black Dog Cycle Works in working on a rear brake master cylinder cover with an aux power port, call or e-mail him for details.:freaky
  6. pauljm

pauljm R1200GS LC Rallye

Oddometer:
    The EnduroPro plug is Red. It has a dummy black plug initially.
    When it's installed press the mode button & cycle thru the modes if you have EnduroPro u will see it.
  7. PirateJohn

PirateJohn Banned

Oddometer:

Does anyone know if the official BMW helmet Bluetooth "Helmet Communication System" is just the Schuberth system (or another system) with a new label?
  8. IB1

IB1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Schuberths comm system is made by Cardo. So I guess they don't make the BMW comm system.
  9. The Last Cowboy

The Last Cowboy Gettin' by

Oddometer:
    I took delivery of the new water cooler (wasserkuhler) yesterday. I rode to work from the dealer, then home last night.

It is an incredible ride compared to the Vstrom DL1000 that I traded in. The only thing I'll miss about the Vee is the fact that it was paid for long ago.

The balance, and ride are great. I've nevr had cruise control on a bike and wonder how I ever did without it. I'll be playing with the ESA settings for awhile to find a sweet spot or spots for me.

This one had Michelin Anakee tires, where all the others in stock had Metzlers. Even the sales guy was surprised. The wheels are alloy and I actually like they way they look. No hardcore back country bashing is foreseen in the near future, so I'll hold off on spokers. I may get some with a different set of tires as backups for when I plan to use them.

Thanks to all who advised on the LED head light. The light is crisp, clean and very white with a nice beam pattern. LED lights up reflective signs like nothing else. There is no hint of annoying blue like HIDs. The output very nice, but it isn't life changing. I can't compare it to the halogen equipped model, as I haven't ridden one at night.

An outstanding overall riding experience. If you get one get used to lots of looks and positive comments. Guess I'll have to get used to it as the Vee was largely ignored.

Pics to come tomorrow as I'm too busy today.

I guess I'm now a GSW Beta tester, and general all around guinea pig!
  10. Voluhzia

Voluhzia iExplorer

Oddometer:
  11. nwpa

nwpa Generally amused

Oddometer:
    Nice.

Everyone wants to talk about it at the gas pumps, and with earplugs in I can only see lips move. I assume they are saying nice things...:rofl

The Harley guy at the end of the block gave me a thumbs up too:clap
  12. Hambonee

Hambonee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It is a nice bike! So much better on the rough roads around me than my Norge. BUt a very much different bike so to be expected.

I do feel like a beta tester though..lol...never thought of it that way till ya said it and oh well...hopefully the bike treats me well.
  13. Stinez

Stinez Rhymes with Heinz :D

Oddometer:
    IMO Beta testing demands the purchase of the extended warranty.

And includes riding the shit out of the bike to see if it's got any weaknesses while the bike is under the stock and extended warranties. :evil
  14. Dahveed

Dahveed Sumo Biker!

Oddometer:
    I've ordered mine (ok, it came in before the money did) and I haven't seen one yet. Mine's got the GPS prep, but can that be used with a touratech locking mount? I thought the prep was essentially just wiring.
  15. PirateJohn

PirateJohn Banned

Oddometer:
    Thanks! :clap
  16. Jarvis

Jarvis DC GSer

Oddometer:
    Too be a true beta-tester, you have to mix up the riding styles encountered by the bike. The best way to do that, IMO, is lend it to friends visiting from out-of-town.
  17. The Last Cowboy

The Last Cowboy Gettin' by

Oddometer:
    I let anyone ride the Vee who wanted to. If some wants to ride this one....:2guns

As far as extended waranties...I never buy them for anything. This has a 3 year 36K factory warranty. I'm of the belief that a faulty part of poor initail assembly will be exposed quickly. Call me reckless!
  18. Stinez

Stinez Rhymes with Heinz :D

Oddometer:
    Hi Aaron...Thanks for everything. :wave

Hey wait...aren't you the guy who talked me into selling the bike I was going to keep for out of town guests? (It sold in 2 days. Which makes me think that I should have asked for more.)

You're now stuck choosing between the Harley and the XR. :evil
  19. Jarvis

Jarvis DC GSer

Oddometer:
    You misspelled "new 2014 water-cooled 1200 GS." :deal
  20. sbrownn

sbrownn SlowMo

Oddometer:
    Thanks.
    Everything is as it should be.