800 GS Logo Wanted

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by TreeFarmer, Jan 13, 2009.

1. TreeFarmer

TreeFarmer Tree Farmer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello Inmates,

I am looking for a straight up & down "GS" logo from the new 800. about 2-3" tall would be great! :evil I am begining to work on a few custom farkles and would like to integrate it on one or maybe two of the bits I am working on. I tried making one myself off a picture and manipulating it, but had very poor results. I am just not very good at that kind of graphic modification, so maybe somebody else who is PhotoShop capable can help a fellow out.

I have about 5 projects in the hopper and I think several people will be very interested to see the results. Some include off the shelf bits but with some mods, but most are completely custom. Trying to utilize all my my skills to put together a high quality package. Should have everything completed by Memorial Day. By the time I am finished it will include: engine/crash bars, skid plate, pannier racks, tail rack + one special bit that I think several people will be interested & excited about.:lurk

Thanks in advance for the logo help

TreeFarmer
  2. jessehere

jessehere Ridin'

Oddometer:
  3. TreeFarmer

Oddometer:
    jessehere,
    Thanks now that is a start. At least there pictures are cleaner than anything I have found so far. But for that matter I could just take a tracing from the side of my bike.
  4. jessehere

jessehere Ridin'

Oddometer:
    Take a picture of your graphic and print it and cut it out:deal
  5. HighTechCoonass

HighTechCoonass Living the Dream....

Oddometer:
    anyone in the US of A ??
  6. thelouv

thelouv ocd

Oddometer:
    Are you wanting an exact match of the GS on the sides of the faux tank? I have been considering having a company I order my product (auto pinstripes, graphics, etc) from set up the logo so I could get a set in reflective. Just hadn't gotten around to it yet. Fortunately, we are still busy as ever here & those kinda personal things get put off to keep pace with the paying work. If that is what you want, tell me & I could step up to get it done sooner rather than later. The neat thing is, once it is set up, they can cut it in any size & color you would want. My supplier also accepts credit card payments so they would probably sell & ship directly to you if I gave them permission to do so. I say permission since they would normally somewhat protect me since I paid them for the initial set up of that logo into my file.
  7. TreeFarmer

Oddometer:
    Yep that is exactly the king of thing I am looking for. I spent time on it yesterday, but still not satisfied with the results. I did narrow it down to looking for a 2" height graphic. Mine is not going to be a sticker though, it will be in metal...:evil

This is what I came up with so far..... Why can I not upload picture now!!!:dog
  8. thelouv

thelouv ocd

Oddometer:
    Oh, now I get what you are after. Gonna hang it from a chain around your neck? Could start something there!
  9. glc

glc the livest 1

Oddometer:
    buy the sticker kit from the dealer, scan it, create a path from it and either get a laser cut sticker made from it or supply the path to a machinist and it can be water/laser cut from a thin gauge stainless that can be formed to the tank.
  10. mrpete64

mrpete64 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just talked to the guys at Twisted Throttle, yesterday at the bike show in New York City, and they will have some out soon? They are going to be reflective.
    I looked at their 650 KLR GS on display...it was...wonderful!!
    Mr. Pete--->
  11. thelouv

thelouv ocd

Oddometer:
    Like this?

[​IMG]
  12. TreeFarmer

Oddometer:
    Yeah that is nice, but I am not looking for stickers... I am just looking for the design in an electronic version. I drew something up by hand the other day and was pretty happy with the results. I am getting a quote for the part it will go on. Pictures will be forthcoming..
  13. jessehere

jessehere Ridin'

Oddometer:
    Sweet,:evil does that replace the non reflective GS on the side of your bike?
    I'd like to get a black version that reflects white. Any leads on getting one?
  14. thelouv

thelouv ocd

Oddometer:
    Yep, I drew these up & had my supplier digitize them to exactly fit the faux tank sides. I have not installed them yet to show you the final look because of time constraints. I have been just too busy to get em on. My distriubtor will not sell directly to anyone retail (I hoped they would) so if ya want some I can get them any size for you & probably have them drop shipped directly to you from them. He gave me this general price guide : $1.85 per inch tall (per copy) for normal vinyl colors, double that for specialty & reflective vinyl, plus shipping. In other words these yellow reflective GS's cost $14.80 each (3.5" tall but he averages up to the nearest inch) plus shipping. I have paid them for the initial set-up so there are no additional charges. Or another color like black or silver or lime green would be $7.40 each. I would not mark these up any beyond this. Keep in mind, these would only be cut from premium professional grade vinyl (Universal Products vinyl). They ship out of Cincinnati, OH. If time is not critical, I could always order them with one of my normal orders & then mail them to you after I receive them here. That way shipping charges would be substantially less but you run the risk of the Post Office folding or bending the envelope they would be in.
    I'll try to get mine installed tonight to show you how perfect the fit is.
  15. jessehere

jessehere Ridin'

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  16. thelouv

thelouv ocd

Oddometer:
    Short project tonite. Thanks for boosting me to do this. I started by putting masking tape just outside of the original logo to know just how perfect these recreations are.
    [​IMG]
    Then to cheat a bit, I removed the original decals being as careful as possible not to stretch them which will distort their shape. Then overlayed the pieces that need to be trimmed at the contours. No matter how careful you are, you will stretch them!
    [​IMG]
    I decided to slap each letter on individually. Glad I did cause if you can see, the premask overlaps about 1/8" in the center. I'll have them adjust this on their end, but installing one @ a time is still recommened because of the curve of the surface you are working on.
    [​IMG]
    Premask removed. Pretty slick fit!
    [​IMG]
    All said & done. Lights up nicely with the camera flash. I did a little tweak to the "F" also (actually black reflective) but I am not happy with it. Not enough italic slant to it. It was just a font I chose quickly with no manipulation done to it. Think I may keep the font but just do 2 more with more lean to em.
    [​IMG]
    So many stickers, not enough space on the side of the fridge. It's better than slapping all these on the back of my truck! Recognize any of these?
    [​IMG]
    I won't bore you guys with the photo I took of my beer bottle cap collection.
    [​IMG]
    OKAY, I lied!
  17. Iron Horse

Iron Horse I Make Shit Up

Oddometer:
    Hey Tree,
    Did you get what you needed? I'm an art director/designer and I could probably crank out what you need pretty quickly. The best files to use are vector based, not rasterized like jpegs or tiffs. So you need an Adobe Illustrator eps file. That way you can use it at any size and it will remain crisp.

Just PM or email me if you're still in need.

jp
  18. HighTechCoonass

HighTechCoonass Living the Dream....

Oddometer:
    Can you fix a brother up? I would like to try a black set on my gray bike!:clap

Looks good! I have the same decal sickness!
  19. jessehere

jessehere Ridin'

Oddometer:
    yep it looks sweet-:clap I would like a black GS that reflects white. PM me if you can do it and I will send you a paypal if that works for you.
  20. thelouv

thelouv ocd

Oddometer:
    PM'd both ya'll.

BTW If this is considered thread hijacking, I apologize! :freaky