New service shop in Fairbanks

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by AKtracks, Jul 31, 2009.

1. AKtracks

AKtracks Kilted Fükengrüver

Oddometer:
    Dat's phat, Yo!
    :lol3
  2. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    <o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="Street"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="address"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Have signs made that resemble the &#8220;<st1:place w:st="on">Arctic Circle</st1:place>&#8221; marker and the &#8220;Welcome to Deadhorse&#8221; sign. Charge $50 to let people park their rides in front of the signs for a picture. You can also sell &#8220;<st1:street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Genuine Haul Road</st1:address></st1:street>&#8221; mud and dust. And finally you can sell tales of haul road adventures that riders can use to regale their family in friends. Once you go online there will be no reason to even ride to Alaska.
  3. akwerf

akwerf 3-wheeled wonder

Oddometer:
    I'd vote for:

ADVcycleworks at the crossroads of your Alaskan Adventure

:clap :wink: :clap
  4. jodyz121

jodyz121 Mostly Harmless . . .

Oddometer:
    We will be 6 riders coming through Fairbanks in July 2010. Sounds like you will be offering just the kind of services we are looking for. We've been discussing shipping tires to someone. I will contact you with the details and a better idea of what we'd like to arrange. What's the best way? Phone call? And who should I ask for?

Thanks.
  5. AKtracks

Oddometer:
    You can get our contact numbers here.

You can ship tires (or any other supplies/clothes/etc you don't want to haul all the way up here) to us via UPS or FedEx and we'll hold them until you arrive, but I think you'll find that it will be cheaper/easier in the long run to buy them from one of the shops in AK (shipping tires to AK will cost approx. $50). Feel free to give us a call and we can discuss it.

I look forward to talking to you, and seeing you this summer
  6. BARB

BARB Alaska Leather - Home of the Sheepskin Buttpad Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just sent your link to a couple of guys from Langley BC, they'll be in Fbx in July. I am putting links on my site for travelers and will add you. Thanks, Barb
  7. AKtracks

Oddometer:
    Great, thanks Barb.

Once I get off my butt and redesign my website I'll add a link to your site as well.

FriarMike, mind if I toss contact information for The Abbey on there too?
  8. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    Yep I also need to get another web site going. any eazy ones out there that is user friendly that I mite be able to get set up? I also need to pm you about tires.
  9. GrayGoSt

GrayGoSt Ridin' the F8

Oddometer:
    Hey AKtracks...I'm really glad to find this link here. I'll be up right around the D2D time and will be spending a month exploring Alaska and Canada. I'll probably be in the tire market about the time I get there so perhaps I can arrange with you for them. I've got your webpage link and will keep in touch with you about dates etc when I finalize everything. Thanks:clap

Jay
  10. molamphy

molamphy n00b

Oddometer:
    Good resources. I may have to stop in Anchorage to see BARB and get one of those shhepskin covers depending on how my seat is holding up by the time I hit Anchorage. Probably tires in Fairbanks.
    Hopefully decent weather at the end of May.
  11. AKtracks

Oddometer:
    You should go for the Alaskan trifecta: sheepskin at Barbs, fluid change at friar mike's, and tires here in Fairbanks. :thumb
  12. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:

And follow it up with a night of slumber on campus.....
  13. molamphy

molamphy n00b

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a good idea. You'll have to clue me in on Friar Mike's, though. How far out should I arrange for tires?
    As far as staying on campus, this is a business trip so the company is paying for the Holiday Inns in Fairbanks and Anchorage. Few hours each on Wainwright and Richardson and I don't have to take as many vacation days.:clap
  14. AKtracks

Oddometer:
    Friar Mike is what the town of Wasilla is famous for (I've also heard mention of some hag from that area running for public office). He's also the proprietor of "The Abbey" motorcycle shop. Great guy, and he'll treat ya right. Directions are easy: Heading north outta Anchorage on your way to Fairbanks you'll go through the town of Wasilla. When you come to the intersection of the Parks Highway and Knik Goose Bay road, hang a left and proceed 3.5 miles. You'll see the sign on the right. He can take care of all your service needs.
    If you chose to go with us for tires (which can also be had at Barbs or Mikes) I'm telling folks to make arrangements a month in advance (just in case we have to place any orders).
  15. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  16. AKTroy

AKTroy BE AWARE OF TRAINS

Oddometer:
    That would be "motorcycle" service needs of course. :lol3

Tracks Im in town. Working the refinery turn 8:30pm till 2am ish. Looks like It'll only be for the week before I get back to Healy. What works for you?
  17. AKoffroader

AKoffroader Adventurer

Oddometer:
  18. AKtracks

Oddometer:

Well, he does cages too. :lol3

I can hook up with you pretty much anytime after 5PM this week, if that doesn't work I can check with Dan to see when he's available (usually during business hours most days).
  19. AKtracks

Oddometer:
    I'm assuming this is for your WR250R, is that correct?

Heidenau doesn't make the exact size called for on the WR250R (80/100-21 front, 120/80-18 rear) closest they make is a 90/90-21 and 110/80-18, both of which we have in stock.
  20. StephenB

StephenB G(/)S ... what else!

Oddometer:
    AKtracks,

As per Heidenau's German website they do make the following T- and S-rated sizes:

T-rated (118mph)
    120/80 - 18 M/C 62 T
    120/90 - 18 M/C 71 T

They also make the

S-rated (112mph)
    4.10 - 18 60S
    4.00 - 18 64S

which should be interchangeable with the 120s.

Can you get any of those?