Airhead Flea Market Thread (closed and archived)

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by apt13, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boxer Metal

Boxer Metal Mad Scientist

Oddometer:
    PM sent
  2. DoktorT

DoktorT BigBrowedNeandereer

Oddometer:
    Too many people simply don't want to pay 50% of new for near new but used parts. They just are hoping for garage sale prices. Used parts are no risk at all IF they come from an Airhead knowledgable source such as you. Frankly, I wouldn't waste my time trying to detail an estimate. I would just quote best guess flat fee delivered which might take all of a minute or two to verify the part available and shoot off the offer. If no reply, few minutes wasted on another idiot.
  3. JWAYNEP

JWAYNEP n00b

Oddometer:
  4. Boxer Metal

Oddometer:
    I think you need to do some reading on the rules for your first post:D Pictures? Price? Details? Welcome to ADV.
  5. DiabloADV

DiabloADV Semi-Occasional

Oddometer:
    Bumping this up...
  6. hwy61

hwy61 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  7. awaffa2003

awaffa2003 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I want that shoe.
  8. jam_nut

jam_nut Back Road Explorer

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,
    Just bought my first airhead and first true restoration job, 1971 R60/5 in silver. Boy do I have a lot to learn.

I'm going to need a bunch of odds and ends, but going to start with the front fender.

So, looking for a front fender and fork brace. It would be great if it were sliver with the blue pin stripe, but not necessary. Patina is fine, but must be structurally solid.

PM me if you got something.

Thanks!
  9. woodly1069

woodly1069 Long timer

Oddometer:
    welcome to the club jam nut!
  10. Fasnacht

Fasnacht Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey jam...Those Preston County winters should be lend themselves perfectly to a full resto...Way to go and have fun.
  11. Disston

Disston ShadeTreeExpert

Oddometer:
    Welcome Jam,

Start a regular thread so we don't take up a lot of Flea Market space.

/5 fenders look exactly like /6 fenders. I am told they are not but I can't see any difference myself. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. The fender brace of course is a /5 item.
  12. JonnyCash

JonnyCash turd polisher

Oddometer:
    /5 fenders mount differently from /6 I think the lower mount is the same or similar, but the fork brace is different, so the mounting holes are in different places. I've got a brace and a black /5 fender I'd send you for $40 plus shipping. The catch is that the fender has an easily repaired crack at the top mounting point. I can e-mail you some pics if you're interested.
  13. Boxer Metal

Oddometer:
    They are both the same fender.
  14. wolfy317

wolfy317 BMW ADDICT

Oddometer:
    I may possibly have a front fender and brace. I can look this weekend.
  15. walkingbear

walkingbear airhead_motocave

Oddometer:
    for a R75/6 5 speed box.

[​IMG]
  16. hardwaregrrl

hardwaregrrl Can't shoot straight Supporter

Oddometer:
    Still got it.

17. scalpel

scalpel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hardwaregrrl I would have been interested in the OHLINS. Unfortunately shipping to South Africa would be very expensive!! Good luck with the sale!
  18. hardwaregrrl

hardwaregrrl Can't shoot straight Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dangit! My buddy just got home from Johannesburg visiting family!! Oh well.....hope you find one in your area.
  19. jam_nut

jam_nut Back Road Explorer

Oddometer:
    Wow, thanks for all the great welcomes. Decided to do basically a full blown resto, so this is going to be a long journey. I did locate a front fender for a good price, but still need the brace. Looking for almost perfect condition.

As far as starting a thread, not sure I have the attention span to maintain it. We'll see. In the meantime, you're all welcome to go to my photobucket site and see progress there. I have a bunch of pics and will be adding more tonight.

http://s912.beta.photobucket.com/user/kingwoodholt/library/1971%20BMW%20R60-5

So the plan is to dissamble the whole bike and give the motor to Re-Pyscle for a rebuild. Bike only has 26K miles, but compression isn't good. It was sitting in a barn since 1985. Picking up lots of other stuff there as well, but always looking for a good deal.

So, take a look at the pics, if you see something I need and you have it, PM me. Always interested in like new parts and ones that can be brought back to new condition.

Thanks Guys!
  20. lake_harley

lake_harley Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Vetter Windjammer SS fairing with Cycle Sound AM/FM/CB unit. The fairing came with my R75/6 when I bought it. More pictures can be seen here; http://s637.photobucket.com/albums/uu94/Winfab_photo/BMW%20Slash%206/ There are a total of nine pictures. I hooked up a 12V charger to the radio leads and got nothing, so assume it doesn't work. Maybe just something loose in the connections inside the case...maybe it'll be your lucky day! The windscreen measures 20 3/4" above the radius over the headlight. Headlight unit is included as pictured and the lens has "H4" on it. There is a crack in the fairing over the left turn signal. It's about 5" long as best as I can see, but doesn't really appear to be a major structural weakness. The rest of the fairing is in fair to good condition....no major scratches.... about what you'd expect for something this age. I'll have to check if I have a key for the locking compartment on the right side. Included is the mounting bracket that was on my 1975 R75/6 and the wiring harness to hook into the headlight bucket. One of the pins in the plug is bent slightly, but should be able to be straightened.

I'd prefer it to be picked up since this thing would be a behemoth to package for shipping, but I would ship at the buyer's expense. I guess I could remove the windscreen to get it in a box, but it would still take a BIG box.

I'd like to get $250 for the whole works, but that's not gonna happen, so how about $100.00 (+ shipping if necessary) and you have yourself a Windjammer to keep nice and dry and warm:D

Contact me...Lynn (573) 788-2574 or winter62@att.net operators and keyboarders are waiting!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.