Kriega USA Luggage Q&A

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by amanlikemike, Apr 2, 2012.

1. tilliejacques

tilliejacques gnarly girl Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Don't need a longer answer when the short answer is so, well, perfect! :lol3

thanks!
  2. amanlikemike

amanlikemike Recovering Speedfreak

Oddometer:
    Happy days! :clap
  3. MadM

MadM Dreamer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I must say that Kriega Tool Roll and US-5 work great together. Here is a US-5 with tool roll inside on the back of my KLE at the end of a hard day off roading in Croatia.
    [​IMG]
  4. Mastodon

Mastodon Mother F'n Dinosaur

Oddometer:
    Thought I'd mention that for the past month, I've been on a trip from one side of America to the other: DC to the Pacific, and back again. I'd already been sold on the Kriega bags before the trip, but after using them this extensively there's no question about this being my go to brand now. Even had a couple of falls off road, and it survived. Sure, there may be one or two half-inch tears in the outer bag now, but because there's a second internal bag means everything's still waterproof! Which has been important...

[​IMG]
  5. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    Thanks for taking the time to document your install there maverick. Looks like you thought it through and found the right spots to suit your needs. :clap

One thing you might have missed, that I would urge you to revisit, is 'locking off' the subframe loops by threading the loose end back through the buckle one more time. Only then will they be fully secured. It'll also tidy things up.

Cheers,

Michael
  6. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    Lovely job! :thumb

Enjoy your rides with Kriega!
  7. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the great feedback, mate. Great to hear that our gear is doing the business for you.

Let me know if you need any Cordura material to patch the crash damage and I'll be happy to send you some gratis. And if you do manage to trash an inner liner at some point, I can supply replacements for a nominal fee.

Also, this: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...36117898.76943.200606876649992&type=1&theater :D
  8. schaffer40

schaffer40 I look lived in.....

Oddometer:
    My Kube 1 and 4 all trussed up. I use this setup everyday at work as a field tech for the local telco, with no complaints. I have an on-call every 5 weeks and have to transport the laptop back and forth to work. I continue to be impressed with how well this equipment is holding up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. Kibo303

Kibo303 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Do you have a list of pannier racks that work with your overlander 60 set for a 2013 F800GS? On your site it shows Touratec and Metal mule, do you know if there are others? thanks,
  10. jejtastic

jejtastic creep

Oddometer:
    About to head out on my S1000R's first camping trip with some buddies. I love the Kriega US40 kit! Other people are always so surprised at how much you can pack in those bags. Extra kudos to Mike for being so accommodating over the years as I continue to buy the entire catalog... :clap

I have packed: tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, pillow, chair, a few days worth of chonies, jeans+hoodie, clean clothes to sleep in, and toiletries.

[​IMG]
  11. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    Hi Kibo,

The Overlander 60 currently snaps on to racks from the brands you mention and also KTM Powerparts and Holan. All of these use 18mm tubing and have broadly the same dimensions, which was the most common ground we could find between widely used brands (Metal Mule is admittedly more popular in Europe than the US, but you get the idea).

That aside, any rack with broadly these dimensions will be just the ticket:

[​IMG]

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Michael
  12. amanlikemike

Oddometer:

Maaaan! I could not have packed and fitted those things any better than you did there. Nice work, fella! :freaky

Although it's not easy to make a bike that serious look bad, I think (and obviously, I would say this, but I'm being honest) it looks even more purposeful with the bags on it. Not often that happens with luggage. Nice! :D
  13. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    Tidy - very tidy indeed. You know, I would totally trust a man who rolled up on a bike that well appointed to deal with any telecomms situation I might encounter.

Top job! :clap
  14. dudecati

dudecati Dudecati

Oddometer:
    Hi - I just bought a Tiger 800 and have the factory crash bars on it, do you know if anyone has mounted your US-5 bag in the open space there? Seems like it would be a good fit!
  15. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Man, I just love my kriega gear! [​IMG]
  16. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    Yo dude!

Not that I'm aware of but it could work. Any chance you could please post a pic of the spot and let me have the dimensions too? That way I'll be able to say for sure and also hopefully suggest a good way to attach it.

Cheers,

Michael
  17. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    Lovin' that you're lovin' it! Seriously. :D

Ride on my brother! :clap

Cheers,

Michael
  18. VCheng

VCheng Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Count me in as a satisfied customer.

I have bought several pieces of Kriega gear and found each one to suit its purpose well. There have been one or two minor issues along the way but Michael Walshaw has provided simply marvelous after sales customer service.

No, I do not have any link or interest with Kriega, and the quality of product and service like this deserves to be commended.

Keep it up guys!
  19. dudecati

dudecati Dudecati

Oddometer:
    Here is a pic of the spot I was thinking of placing a bag. It's about 4.25" by about 8". It tapers towards the front. Think a US-5 could be mounted there?

[​IMG]

20. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    Will do! :thumb

Thanks, mate! :D