SPOKANE Area Riders

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by PNW Buttercup, Aug 13, 2010.

1. IdahoRenegade

IdahoRenegade Long timer

Oddometer:
    Let me know if you decide you really need to get rid of it. Some of my red neck engineering approaches to getting around not owning a press are not exactly OSHA approved...really should have one. Also, sorry to hear about the layoff, but I'm kinda envious that you get the chance for a LONG ride.

Anyone want to meet up some Saturday or Sunday and do a maintenance day? I've got a fairly good sized shop, reasonable supply of tools (just not a press!) and usually a supply of beverages. I just need to mount the rear rack on the WRR. And really should tear the steering head apart and see if Yamaha greased the bearings. But if anyone wants to swap tires/tubes, change oil, etc, it's more fun with a group. We could always meet up for breakfast in Athol again, eat too much and then ride up this way. It'll have to be a couple weeks...still have plenty of ice on my road, but it'll go away some day.
  2. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
  3. Kootenai Rider

Kootenai Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't mind doing a maintenance day if I had my parts....alas, I don't. I need to measure the valve clearances still on the KLR and then get the right shims.

I can help change tires/tubes if anyone needs help.

And Sherry, I'm game for B-fast.
  4. Alpha One Nine

Alpha One Nine Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I too would be up for a maintenance day. I need to check the valve clearances on the WR soon.
    I could bring the press if there is a need for it.

I'm not able to make a breakfast meetup this weekened.
    Have fun and ride safe.
  5. Live2Ride

Live2Ride Not Famous

Oddometer:
    Hey Paul, let me know what size shims you need. I think Brad has some left over from his old "KLR" days.
  6. dillon

dillon Low Speed, High Drag

Oddometer:
    Im going to be measuring valve clearances on my KLX soon. I can post up a few days ahead of time to let you fellas know when Ill be in the shop.
  7. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Looks like breakfast tomorrow (Sunday) is off. With as much snow that fell today Airheadbruce posted he is staying in bed all day. And he was calling all of us wimps. :lol3

Maybe we can all get together some other time.
  8. Kootenai Rider

Oddometer:
    Dillon called me about 9:00 yesterday to tell me it was off....thankfully I would have driven all that way (5 minutes) to find out no one was there. :D

I ended up spending the day in the garage. Got the KLR buttoned back up. Dillon talked me through a couple things over the phone. Got my CR buttoned up, should be up for sale soon.

Overall a good day of working on bikes.
  9. dillon

Oddometer:
    Rode into school today, could help but think that was kinda dumb. Oh well:rofl
  10. vnp514

vnp514 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :eek1

About 15 degrees today when I finally dragged myself out of bed. Hard-core Buddy!!

Pete
  11. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Sorry I didn't call and let you know that Airheadbruce cancelled for some odd reason. :vardy

Thanks Dillon for taking up the slack.....

Jr., glad you have your KLR buttoned back up, an unbuttoned KLR sounds a bit kinky. :lol3
  12. airheadbruce

airheadbruce Uncle Dumbshit Supporter

Oddometer:
    I cancelled due to the run being rescheduled for sometime in march.... I would have ridden.... that's my story anyway:D
  13. dillon

Oddometer:
  14. PNW Buttercup

PNW Buttercup Dancing with dirt roads...

Oddometer:
    Damn nice day today -- great for a SPRING ride. Hope a bunch of somebody's were able to get out and enjoy it. I had to take the horse... The KLX wouldn't start. :becca Not from lack of trying trust me.... Back on the Tender. Was hoping the 50* weather would entice a turn over. No go. However, I am never at a loss for things to ride...:wink:
  15. IdahoRenegade

IdahoRenegade Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's a bummer! My driveway is still a sheet of ice...I tried to get out a couple weeks ago and didn't make it 50 yards before going down. At the rate it's melting I should be out in a few days...maybe even able to ride to the motorcycle show at the fairgrounds next week. Wasn't a bad day, I mounted the rear rack on the bike and took care of come details associated with the IMS tank. Good to go as soon as the road is passable.
  16. WU7X

WU7X The Old Fart Supporter

Oddometer:
    After church, on the ride home, Nanc suggested we take the hack out for a drive!! It took me all of a nanosecond to say "you bet"! I had the instrument cluster pulled off and apart on the workbench, but had it back together and bolted on the Beemer in less than 15 minutes.

The ride went really well. Nanc loved it. AND, as a special treat on the way home, we ran into Dean and his son on their hack. Dean has a 550 Honda matched to a homebrew chassis (better than my Squire's) that he built and with a real coffin mounted on it for a chair. He and his son followed us home and I had a great half hour chat with them.

So Dean, if you are reading this, thanks a bunch for the great time this afternoon! Hope we can drive out together to the Harvest House on Green Bluff for huckleberry icecream and fresh baked pie this spring and summer.
  17. Kootenai Rider

Oddometer:
    With the warm temps and the nice day I loaded up my 450 and rode Canfield for a bit. Battled some snow, but generally it was more clear than I expected. I ended up doing a bunch of laps on the same route since I knew it was snow free enough for me to get through easy enough.

Sounds like everyone is starting to dust off their bikes.

I might not make the motorcycle show. OC is *dragging* me down to Juniper. :D
  18. IdahoRenegade

IdahoRenegade Long timer

Oddometer:
    The weather report for next weekend doesn't look too bad...not that I have a lot of faith in one this far out. I'm really antsy to go for a decent ride. Anyone feel like riding down on the Palouse after the bike show next Saturday?
  19. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Juniper this coming weekend? Hmmmmmmmm this is going to be a tough weekend to figure out.

Motorcycle show Fri. afternoon looks like a plan for me. Not there is anything I need there.
  20. Kootenai Rider

Oddometer:
    Good idea, Moto show on Friday night (dinner meet up *ahem*) Then Juniper for the weekend.

Looks like I'll be riding the KLR at Juniper. I need some heavy-bike, bad suspension, low power training. Think the KLR will fit that bill? :evil