gpr 2-1 fail

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by mato409, Mar 2, 2012.

1. mato409

mato409 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have the gpr 2-1 full system, i have bougth 9 months ago, and it have fail in the first weld in front of the rear lambda, that hapen to me in a trip on chile, i was able to weld in the next tow.
    When i came back home, i send a mail to the dealer, in this case ktmtwins, Ron asnwear me that they are not longer a dealer of gpr, and contact with UK dealer www.gpr-motorcycle-exhausts.co.ukA and hi contact me with Mauro Orlandi of gpr.it the final answear is that i dont have a warranty becasue the warranty time for GPR start running when they sold to the dealer, apparently that was more that 2 years ago, so when i buy the exhaust from the first day it was out of warranty.
    That is the aswear of GPR.IT

The warranty is 2 years from the sales

Sold 3 years ago

So out of warranty very simple

If it was in warranty you could order in warranty

But this is not a case of warranty

They are mufflers not cars, the date of warranty start from the dealer purchase

Best regards
  2. Motard_Menace

Motard_Menace Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That sounds ridiculous if you ask me. Just think if car/motorcycle manufactures did that. If this is true I would think twice about a GPR exhaust thats for sure. Sorry to hear about your predicament........
  3. mato409

mato409 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ii wil take it of, and inspect all the weld in the exhaust, rigth now i dont have confidence in the system.
    I hope this will serve to warn others who are thinking to buy the GPR, and for the ones that have one for inspect the weld, and dont fail in a remote area, like hapend to me.
  4. mato409

mato409 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    here is a picture.
    [​IMG]
  5. Nailhead

Nailhead Puck Futin Supporter

Oddometer:
    Screw that.

If that's how a company whose products cost that much plays the warranty game, they can go pound sand atras.
  6. tomdubz

tomdubz getting there Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sucks. I had my gpr fail @ the front exhaust weld. Thankfully, KTM Twins was still stocking them when it did and I got a prompt replacement.
  7. gouralnik

gouralnik Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's some valuable information. Thank you for posting. I was considering to get a GPR 2-1 full-system in the near future, but now I have doubts. Anyone else experiencing similar problems / quality issues with the GPR 2-1? Think it would be good to hear opinions from current/past owners...:ear
  8. clintleclair

clintleclair Hugh Jardon

Oddometer:
    I have about 15 k km on my GPR. No welding problems, but she is a frick'n heating torch. It melts everything I put behind her, including my KTM plastic top case (I switched to the aluminum one). She is awful loud too. I'm thinking about switching to Remus.. I like 2 into 1.
  9. jonziep

jonziep n00b

Oddometer:
    +1 on the GPR torch...I melted my Gobi top case while passing through west Texas last summer....so far the welds are holding up after about 8K miles on the GPR exhaust.
  10. pebble35

pebble35 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Getting on towards 20,000 miles on mine with zero problems (apart from melting my top case......)
  11. StevenD

StevenD Hmmmm, dirt!

Oddometer:
    I'd be happy to swap my 2 into 1 with some cash for your system. Don't think you would like my DAM muffler as it has no E marking, but i could put that in the trade too.
  12. Rock Junkee

Rock Junkee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i am having the local tig welding pros do my mid pipe, should only cost around 50 bucks, i have spoke with this g.p.r dealer and he had no idea that the two into one mid pipe even existed??? here is the link i bought my muffler from, this auction is for two mufflers i had to contact him about selling just one, and he was confused how i was going to make it work i had to show him a link with the 2 into 1 mid pipe. I really like there mufflers but your mid pipe looks like bird crap!!!LOL i chose the titanium muffler with carbon end it cost me 325$$

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EXHAUST-SYS...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3a685b589d
  13. Pete640

Pete640 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Interesting place for this to fail. Was teh centre stand resting on it at all - maybe the vibration or weight had a hand in the cracking?
  14. 1stiski

1stiski Ride that nasty thing

Oddometer:
    2 years now with my GPR 2-1, no odd ball cracks or melting of parts. I'm also running the silencer , so Its 1000 times more quiet than my old WINGS. Too bad the warranty is as stated.. I'll get mine tig welded if needed and forgo the headache of finding out its not covered anyway. That pretty much blows on GPR's behalf.
  15. LukasM

LukasM Long timer

Oddometer:
    On a RTW ride - currently touring the U.S.
    Is that their actual reply? What a load of bullshit! If the exhaust was not sold to an end consumer who mounted it, why the hell would it not have warranty??
  16. 1stiski

1stiski Ride that nasty thing

Oddometer:
    My remedy for the blow torch.
    [​IMG]
  17. Yascher

Yascher Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If anyone wants to part with their GPR, I will gladly buy one with cracks and other problems:D
  18. Grinderman

Grinderman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Reviving this thread..What is the latest thought on the quality of the GPR rally 2 into 1. I have a hand me down via deadly99 and flanny that has reached the end of the road. The pipes have been welded many many times and the welder told me they were totally "crystalized" and brittle at this point. The GPR system is mucho $$$$$ which I am weary of spending if its junk. Thanks for any input in advance.
  19. pebble35

pebble35 Long timer

Oddometer:
    30,000 miles on mine and the weld on the header split (for the first time) last week.

I would say they were pretty good ?
  20. LocuL

LocuL Gnarly Steward

Oddometer:
    Get a good welder make something that fits like a glove. Less $