WI Rustic Road Century

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Powershouse, Feb 19, 2008.

1. blackfriar

blackfriar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I took a ride west today to ride RR 47. There was one detour on the way and then the road between Tigerton and 153 is under construction. So I could only ride the portion from 153 north to Wittenberg. This sign is at the intersection of M and 153. I took the long way out and and back to avoid the major construction around the intersection of US 29 and US 41 just west of Green Bay. A good day for a ride. Congratulations to GSJon and propforward for riding all these roads!

RR47
    [​IMG]
  2. GSJon

GSJon Long timer

Oddometer:
    I cannot claim to have ridden "all" of them yet, just more than many.

Good for you Blackfriar for getting out and riding them too. Just about all of them are very pleasant roads to ride. There are a few that seem to go through town and subdivisions now too.

-Jon
  3. blackfriar

Oddometer:
    I got out today and road the four RRs in Waushara and Adams Counties. It was a good day to ride and I took a nice lunch break at the rest stop at Highways 13 and 21. Quite a bit of dirt and gravel on these roads compared to some others.

RR 48

[​IMG]

RR 102
    [​IMG]

RR 50
    [​IMG]

RR 14
    [​IMG]
  4. blackfriar

Oddometer:
    There doesn't seem to be much activity in this thread this summer, but I am grabbing a Rustic Road here and there when I can. I rode RR 16 on Thursday. It's an easy ride through Point Beach State Forest. After the RR I enjoyed a ride up US 42 to Algoma before heading home.

RR 16
    [​IMG]
  5. jonsom

jonsom Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

On my way home from riding around Lake Superior I found a couple
  6. GSJon

GSJon Long timer

Oddometer:
    On my way up to CADVR last Sunday I was able to ride 111. I have now successfully completed all 115 of them :clap

Bring on 116!
  7. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    Well done sir! And it was excellent to meet you at CADVR. I shall obtain 115 sometime in september. :thumb
  8. stoops

stoops let's ride

Oddometer:
    Hit a couple while at CADVR7, R60 is at the top of my list of favorite ones so far, riding it 4 times during my stay probably helps that!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    R74
    [​IMG]
    R34
    [​IMG]
    R47
  9. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    You didn't do 100 while at CADVR? That's a great one.
  10. stoops

stoops let's ride

Oddometer:
    Heading back up to the general area again this weekend, I'll keep that in the plans.
  11. IGwhitedawg

IGwhitedawg n00b

Oddometer:
    Headed down to SE WI today to knock out some Rustic Roads. Had a great day of riding. I couldn't have asked for better weather. I decided I'd be proactive and plan my route in the days before, since there were so many roads. In my usual fashion, I almost always forget something and this time it was my maps. Go figure! LOL Stopped at the local Kwik Trip and bought a new WI atlas and, with a little help from a downloaded pdf to my phone, re-planned my route. Meh... :thumbup A mere hiccup.

Sorry I am not great at posting pictures on here, but I was able to ride the following.

R33, R10, R115, R86, R5, R30 (which has no sign), R37, R2, R25, and R85.

Total miles from home, back to home 279.

I really enjoyed these roads and some of the roads in between. I'm not sure which one it was (maybe part of R5), but dang that road was like a washboard. About pulled my arms out of the sockets. I really liked R33 and R86. Both were fun, a little curvy, with great scenery and a few surprise corners.

Can't wait to ride the rest of them in the area and I'll remember my map next time.
  12. GSJon

GSJon Long timer

Oddometer:

Congratulations IGwhitedawg. It suer was a great weekend to do some riding.
    Does 115 have a sign yet?
  13. IGwhitedawg

IGwhitedawg n00b

Oddometer:
    Jon
    There is a sign at R115. Get'r done!
  14. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  15. IGwhitedawg

IGwhitedawg n00b

Oddometer:
    What a great day. My riding partner never showed up, which shortened my plans, but I did get three more rustic roads in. R27 was nice, but they tarred and graveled the road a while back and the loose track piles are still on the road. R90 was very cool. Even trying to avoid the walnuts on the road. R68 was the last one.

Can't say I didn't enjoy myself. The colors are just coming in and the weather was perfect.
  16. GSJon

GSJon Long timer

Oddometer:
    A couple of weekends ago I had the chance to get up to Delafiled and get #115. This makes all of them at the moment for me.

This winter will be used to find out who to contact to try and get signs for the road that have them missing.

[​IMG]

I seem to look a little pissed here. I assure you I am not as I think it took the picture a second or so too soon.
    9Realms likes this.
  17. GSJon

GSJon Long timer

Oddometer:
    And here is proof of 111! I liked this road. It is listed as 25 miles but if you do all of it is around 35 because there is some back tracking involved. Good amount of nice gravel too!

[​IMG]
  18. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    Picked up 115 this weekend on a nice excursion.

[​IMG]

So that's all of them. I want to go back and get the signs on those that are missing them, as they get replaced.
  19. GSJon

GSJon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Props on you for getting them all too - he he he ....

I think that is the exact same spot that I took my picture at too!
  20. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to seeing what they choose for 116....................