Non emergency help in Phoenix?

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by 0theories, Nov 29, 2012.

1. 0theories

0theories Enthusiastically Skeptical...

Oddometer:
    Hi, I'm passing through Phoenix (staying with a friend) between Dec. 4-6 (or so) and plan on doing some maintenance on the KLR before plunging south into Mexico and beyond. I was wondering if anyone knowledgeable about KLRs and who has a garage (my friend lives in an upstairs studio) could let me use said garage and maybe even help out (beer is on me). I wrench okay, but mostly on cars. Not a bike expert but know my way around an engine (more or less).

I would like to replace the tires (don't have them yet), the chain and sprockets (have those with me), at least one fork seal (blew it on current trip), fix oil leak (maybe from the shifter?) and maybe some other stuff I'm forgetting right now.

Thanks a lot!!
  2. fuggy

fuggy Canyon Explorer

Oddometer:
    I like beer and I got a garage and tools and should be home those days. Located in Phoenix up against South Mountain Park. I will PM you my info.
  3. Aprilia

Aprilia Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you like cooler climate and more scenic views I can help out up in Flagstaff...
  4. 0theories

0theories Enthusiastically Skeptical...

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys!! Fuggy, what kind of beer do you like?

Aprilia, looks like you're an expert... I'm considering the ride up.