Wyoming ADV Riders, any out there? Any still riding?

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Wyobrew, Sep 29, 2007.

1. wyowillys46

wyowillys46 Petrosexual.

Oddometer:
    I always liked riding Rogers Canyon when I lived in Laramie. That and Sybille.
  2. Motornoggin

Motornoggin Two-Bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer:
    Yup. Rogers Canyon is a nice quick diversion. 20 minutes up and back, but reasonably twisty. Sybille is nice too.

Hope you're doing well my friend!
  3. Cowboy

Cowboy Ceteris non Paribus

Oddometer:
    Hey Morgan! Good to see you pop in here. Sadly, I've moved on from Laramie too. Not many twisty roads near Elizabeth, CO, but there are great fur-covered chicanes everywhere!
  4. 810H4Z4RD

810H4Z4RD Old n00b

Oddometer:
    So pretty today i had to ride up Plum Creek / Skull Creek and then some slab to the SD border. Saw a bald eagle feasting on road kill on the way home, and got passed by a bull elk on the way up :) Great day; hope the weather holds awhile longer.
  5. Wyobrew

Wyobrew Missed it by that mu

Oddometer:
    Time for one last blast of single track at Inyan Kara before the winter sets in. Already thinking of AZ, Baja or Nevada desert. It will be a long wait till April.:huh
  6. 810H4Z4RD

810H4Z4RD Old n00b

Oddometer:
    Baja would be awesome, a friend of mine here was talking about flying down there and renting bikes in some kind of lodging-inclusive package. Probably too spendy for me but i'd love to ride down there sometime, either south then west through the desert or west across to Washington then down the coast. Dreaming of spring already.
  7. falconspeed10

falconspeed10 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    30 years in Wyoming, off and on. Life long motorcyclist. "Tent space" available when weather permits. Got a cabin on the Forest boundary above Dubois. Nice view and access to Forest Roads. Our local rides include; Togwatee Pass, Teton Park, Teton Pass, Snake River Canyon, Hoback Canyon and the south entrance to Yellowstone. Great graded dirt roads too; Union Pass, Brooks Lake/Barber's Point, Double Cabins, Granite Creek Hot Springs, Flagstaff Road, Grassy Lakes Road, MacDugal Gap....[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Love the riding round Cody; Sylvan Pass/Wapiti Valley, Chief Joseph[​IMG] , Beartooth...Wind River Canyon, Dunraven Pass.

Ah yes, Rodger's Canyon...ran it hard in a modified Datsun 510 when I needed to blow off the pressures of grad school. Got a little scary...decreasing radius turns.

Been able to see G bears nearly every ride this year.[​IMG]
  8. OldenSlow

OldenSlow Been here awhile

Oddometer:

PM sent, going riding Sunday 11-3
  9. ten_fiver

ten_fiver Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice, Falconspeed! I grew up in Riverton and my dad grew up logging around Dubois, so the Wind Rivers have always been my stomping grounds. Haven't been up there in years though. I really need to get back up in the Union Pass area.
  10. 1Gopokes1

1Gopokes1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ex Wyo guy ( from back East) went to school in Laramie, 78- 83 worked in the rail yard for a while
    I bought my 1st bike from Laramie Honda Dealer in 81 73 SOCH CB 750, only vehicle for 2 years there ( if I made it 1/2 way to my destination no sense turning around I was going to freezes either way)
    I took daughter # 2 up and hiked Medicine Bow and camped happy jack about a month ago
    Any of you guys get down to Colo Springs let me know

GOPOKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. Subcanis

Subcanis Dental Floss Tycoon

Oddometer:
    Any central WY guys on here? I'm dumping a ton of (waaaay overdue) well deserved time and money into the KLR this winter so I can ride a whole lot more next summer.

sent from this user's own personal mobile prison.
  12. WYO George

WYO George I have no idea

Oddometer:
    I'm about 30 miles east of you in Rolling Hills. ( I assume you're in Casper) tomorrow morning I'll be trading my 2007 Interceptor on a 2013 DR650. There's some good dirt roads and trails around here, we should hit them some time.
  13. Subcanis

Oddometer:
    I am in Casper. Aren't there some dunes somewhere north of Rolling Hills? I haven't explored much out there.

14. WYO George

Oddometer:
    There are some dunes, about a mile from my house. The downside is that they are leased to a riding club here so you have to pay for a membership to ride on them depsite them being BLM land. When I moved out here it wasn't so and I spent may hours out there after work during the nicer weather days.

What big mods are on the agenda for this winter?

G
  15. Subcanis

Oddometer:
    No big mods per se, just long overdue maintenance.

16. WYO George

Oddometer:
    Gotcha, well maybe I'll see ya out on the road sometime. I'll be on the ugly grey DR650:1drink
  17. Subcanis

Oddometer:
    I'll update this thread come spring. I'll be on the (ugly) red KLR.

18. ten_fiver

ten_fiver Long timer

Oddometer:
    If the wind blows you guys down to this side of the Wind Rivers, drop me a line. I'll be on the gorgeous orange KTM 990. :wink: :lol3
  19. Subcanis

Oddometer:
    I've actually been planning a ride through the Winds next summer. Got a buddy in Lander that is on board too. Again, I'll update this thread in the spring when we have some solid ideas.

20. WYO George

Oddometer:
    One of my plans for next year is to doing the MT and WY portion of the CDR, when the time comes I'll post a heads up in advance to see if any locals want to join in or meet up along the way.