AR-NWA ADV BS thread

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by Elvis70, Mar 27, 2009.

1. DrLewall

DrLewall ADV Has gone to SHIT

Oddometer:
    wonder why they caught on fire? :scratch
  2. Dravintoad

Dravintoad Toadthumpin

Oddometer:
    They have some hot deals.

Pa-domp tssss

Thank you. I'm here all night.
  3. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    and by Gawd we hope you stay there all night and then some! :ddog

:amazon
  4. Dravintoad

Dravintoad Toadthumpin

Oddometer:
    I don't know. I really need to stop hanging out in JoMomma.
  5. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    yeah I think so too..sick and tired of you steppin on my toes! :rofl
  6. Dravintoad

Dravintoad Toadthumpin

Oddometer:
    If you'd get on your knees like a good boy, we wouldn't have that problem. :evil
  7. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    taken under advisement..:huh
  8. mouthfulloflake

mouthfulloflake Not afraid

Oddometer:
    Howdy Alonzo,

its been awhile, hope you are doing well.

we used to shoot out on highway 16 in the national forest around lake wedington, there was a "range" out there for years that is shut down now, but not sure if its legal to go target shoot out there in the forest now.. I think it is? but I am certainly no expert.

the weedy rough mt tower site looks cool, might check that out soon.

9. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:
    Wow, and what an exciting basketball game. The Hogs won in double OT.
  10. Valentino Magoo

Valentino Magoo Like a speeding slug Supporter

Oddometer:
    Weedy Mtn area is neat, that was my last ride I took back on Dec 16 (had no FF take me up on it). http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=20265933
    I tried to go thru on Old Ridge Rd loop, but like most everything up there, it turns private. In fact, off of Sunset going up Weedy, the only way "out" is on Koyle Cemetery rd., but all the dead ends still were good riding and views. Definitely worth exploring. I did not take the dead end to lookout, lots of purple, but road not marked private at entrance. Definitely not travelled much. I think I was hearing banjos......
  11. alonzo

alonzo Misadventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey, Matt.

How's it going man?

Yep. Doing well. I haven't been riding much lately. Too many other projects and/or too cold.
    Yeah. I saw some old posts around the `net about the Wedington range but I'm not surprized that it's no longer available. It does, however, look like there's one off of Hwy 12 in the Hobbs State Forest. But that's not real convenient for me.

Some of the Ozark/Ouachita NF web sites mention that shooting is legal (with some restrictions) so I may give them a call. (Actually, there are several ranges in the Ouachita NF.)

I can always go up to Sturm's range but, hell, all I want to do is shoot some beer cans with my .22 (or some plastic jugs full of water with my .41 mag.)

When I was a kid growing up in Little Rock I would throw my .22 or my .410 over my shoulder, walk the 3 blocks to the rail road tracks and then walk down the tracks a couple or three miles out of the city limits and shoot/hunt all I wanted. Can you imagine what would would happen to a kid walking through LR with a gun over his shoulder today??? Things just ain't like they used to be (and,,, they never have been.)

-- alonzo

12. ozarkrider

ozarkrider Discombobulated Sociopath

Oddometer:
    It's too much trouble to watch for icy patches and deer at the same time coming home. I either need a daytime job or retirement, whichever comes first. :rofl
  13. mouthfulloflake

Oddometer:
    Ojay..

stop fooling around, drive the damn volvo...

just dont park it on a downhill slope.
  14. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    Good ole days. Used to love spending the day just plinking and exploring back when I was a kid.

Hobbs State Park has a free 100 yd range, not sure if you can shoot cans and water jugs, but paper targets are fine. :D
  15. ozarkrider

ozarkrider Discombobulated Sociopath

Oddometer:
    Vulva's in the shop, Kathe has my truck, I'm on two wheels. Road should be ok by tomorrow. Temps gonna get back up to the mid 40's. All the slop should be gone.
    I only had to worry about a coupla spots where melt off had run down across the road in a curve. But all was clear, I just rode nice and slow.(which is waaaay out of character for me)
  16. alonzo

alonzo Misadventurer

Oddometer:
    I like banjo music... `cept when I'm out riding by myself (and, I know what you mean...eerie feeling... BTDT) I was riding once somewhere down South of Brannon Mtn and shortly after I passed a couple of guys in an old pickup stopped on the side of the road, the road turned into what looked like a dry creek bed (and very downhill too.) The `ole DR was levitating when it went back past that pickup and out of there.

But, sounds like it's worth checking out.

Thanks.

-- alonzo

17. alonzo

alonzo Misadventurer

Oddometer:
    Yep. Kids now-a-days (in many places) can't even go into their own front yards or walk to school without some sort of supervision. How's a kid going to learn how to be independent with those sorts of restrictions?

I'll probably check out the Hobbs range. I'm ok with shooting at paper too. And, since beer cans quit being made of steel, they're not as much fun to shoot anyway.

(is my age showing...???)

-- alonzo

18. Valentino Magoo

Valentino Magoo Like a speeding slug Supporter

Oddometer:
    Doc, you sleeping in? Morning boys.

The FAA just grounded all the Boeing 787 Dreamliners due to battery fires of unknown origin.
    Stator?
    Charlie?
  19. mouthfulloflake

Oddometer:
  20. mouthfulloflake

Oddometer:
    That Hobbs range is nice, ive got a couple of buddies that go there pretty regularly.

there are some neat trails in that area too, I think it would be fun to goto the range via boat.
    :D

took a boat back in there, and dropped a buddy off out there years ago, back in blackburn cove, came back that evening to pick him up, he had a wild turkey he had taken with a bow.

well , and he had a bunch of ticks and chiggers too, but I was only impressed by the turkey.

ive ridden/explored back in there a bit on bike, it is an area im planning on exploring further this coming year.

its the rectangular concrete looking thing on the right side of this map/pic

[​IMG]