show us your XT660Z Tenere

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by y2blade, Jan 13, 2009.

1. UKbri

UKbri Just a Rider

Oddometer:
    Hi there. The Panniers are awesome. I've thrown it down the road a couple of times and they held up to it well. They are super tough. I've done a lot of off road and they put up with everything I throw at them. I got the whole set up from http://www.motorbikesandparts.co.uk/hepcobecker-gobi-37-litre-aluminium-look-panniers-p-9219.html . Done nearly 50,000 miles with them on the whole way. It was a SW Motech tail plate for the top box but I have switched to a bag for the back now.
  2. samueleuk

samueleuk Sam

Oddometer:
    Thanks a lot for your reply. I have some further questions: on which pannier rack did you mount the Gobi panniers? H&B or another brand? Finally, did you use the "Fuse set for long expeditions" or just the standard attachment?

I am in Kent. So if you fancy some trail riding with our Teneres, get in touch.

Cheers

Sam
  3. UKbri

UKbri Just a Rider

Oddometer:
    I used the H&B quick release racks. I've never heard of the 'Fuse set' so mine must be standard. I got them early 2010 so maybe that set wasn't around then. Would love to do a ride out but my bike is still in S Dakota. Shall be heading back to continue touring soon.
  4. samueleuk

samueleuk Sam

Oddometer:
    Thanks. Give me a buzz when your bike is back from the USA. Or maybe you should leave it there and we can do the Transamerican Trail together :D
  5. wendel

wendel n00b

Oddometer:
    some more pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. samueleuk

samueleuk Sam

Oddometer:
    Nice pics. Where were they taken?

Sam
  7. lamoufle

lamoufle Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi guys,

i am preparing my xtz and try to connect my zumo 550 into the spare 12v connector near the tacho, does anyone has a reference on this connector ? is it a yamaha specific thing or could i find something on ebay ?

if you have info ! if not a I will get my scissor cut it :cry
  8. J-P-W

J-P-W n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi, go back a few pages to here and you'll see how I did it.

Jon
  9. Dash65

Dash65 wherethefarkarewe?

Oddometer:
    I did the same, has worked perfectly for the past 18 months or so.

Cheers,
    Dash
  10. Wizzabren

Wizzabren Returning Dirty

Oddometer:
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
  11. Wilson9068

Wilson9068 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That looks like a really nice ride. A few mods on there, how about you list them out or did you do a write up on another thread? Very, very nice.
  12. dallastx

dallastx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Greetings from Leopoldsburg, Belgium! I don't live there, but was passin' thru on a short trip...
    Two Iron Steeds: the legendary Sherman tank and our Tenere!
    Greetz, Hans.
    [​IMG]
  13. Dirty3

Dirty3 Just add sauce

Oddometer:
    Hi all,

I have just sold my 250 Yamaha and looking to get my first Adventure bike. As i am 6'5 tall I thought the Tenere would be a good choice.
    For open road riding how would those on this forum rate them? Long distance highway miles or km's ok on these things? Will they sit on 100km's without vibration? Also for tracks. They certainly look the part and all the reviews seem good.
    Any help or advice here would be great.

Cheers,

Neil.
  14. dallastx

dallastx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Highway ridin´ is not my favorite thing to do, but can be well done with the Tenere: on several occasions I've done long hauls like 800km's(and more....) on one day, cruisin' at around 120/130kmh. Last summer I came back from Prague to Holland, thru Germany, and did almost 900km's in a one days ride, no sweat! It's really an allround allroad travel bike(mind you, it's NOT a hardcore offroad bike, but does that very well too with the proper tyres), it can do almost anything, only not very fast, which I don't mind. It has a smooth engine(for a thumper) with a very good EFI, good fuel economy, very useable power(48hp), good load capacity and it is lotsa fun to ride! And it looks good too!
    But that's my biased opinion, based on almost 90.000km, trouble free I can tell from my experiences.
    Greetz, Hans.
  15. Dirty3

Dirty3 Just add sauce

Oddometer:
    Een grote hulp Hans, bedankt!

From a half Dutchy
  16. TdB 85

TdB 85 n00b

Oddometer:
    After a long time reading along on Adventure Rider (mostly this thread and numerous RR's), I finally decided to register (also on recommendation by a buddy who has long been a member) and join you guys. :clap

Besides, I noticed this thread lacks a matt grey Ténéré anyway. :D

What does that look like in real life?
    Hope the pictures work:

[​IMG]

And last July somewhere around Lago Maggiore, Italy:

[​IMG]
    Hideous topcase indeed, but it does come in handy when commuting or on trips where I don't leave the paved roads.

Later this year, I'll be riding from The Netherlands to the North Cape.
  17. Tim

Tim Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the delay in replying, those pics were taken on the AdvRider French camping trip a couple of years ago. Magnon is doing another one this year. Have a look in the Europe section if you're interested.
  18. Sportakus

Sportakus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's looks like... :clap

But too clean for me...:lol3

Cheers. :freaky
  19. phil ten

phil ten Adventurer

Oddometer:
    hay guys

just looked through all 85 pages of this thread :eek1. Some lovely Tenre's on display, i have the Khaki brown 09 model, will post some pics once she's back together. Here in the UK we have snow at the mo so thought i would treat it to some TLC :)

Im looking for some replacement bars as i bent the OE ones. i run 35mm "shim stack" style risers at the mo and find its a good height for me. I want some replacement bars that are simliar (but stronger) than the stock ones so i can continue to use the risers. any ideas????

Also what tail tidy's are you guys using? most people i talk to about the Tenere hate the back end of it, its quite heavy too. Here in the UK the most common thing is just to move the license plate up and cut a bit of the bottom. looks a bit better....i want something much lighter though.

Cheers
  20. UKbri

UKbri Just a Rider

Oddometer:
    The Renthal 613 bars seem to be popular.