Bicycle thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Zodiac, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Gummee!

Gummee! That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer:
    Amazing how that works, huh?

M
  2. Mr Head

Mr Head Tired at the beach

Oddometer:
    It was 35 after I got the computer fired up here at the plant this morning. Much colder feeling on the road. The frost on my cover was there after the ride in, and that cover was in the hot-side Jesse!:eek1

I thought this damned place was hot in the winter?

Somebody lied to me.:lol3

3. vfr700

vfr700 172S

Oddometer:

It's a dry cold.
  4. YakSpout

YakSpout Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer:
  5. Gummee!

Oddometer:
    @Mr Head: suck it up buttercup! :D

Its gotten warm here today: low 50s. I went out with no jacket. :ricky Did 2hrs with 30min of Tempo in there. Its amazing how doing efforts 'resets' your body's reaction to JRA. The ride back from the end of the effort was LOTS easier than the ride to the start of the interval HR-wise. :nod

M
  6. rbrsddn

rbrsddn 3banger

Oddometer:
    Just came back from 2 hours of cross country skiing. Man, that is hard work! But wicked fun! Roads are too shitty to get out on a bike yet. Could get 6+ more inches of snow by sunday, and we'll do it again!!!:clap
  7. k7

k7 “Retired x OCD”

Oddometer:
    Just for you my friend.

Linky

:clap:clap:clap
  8. YakSpout

Oddometer:
    :clap
  9. Mr Head

Oddometer:
    Awesome.:lol3

Just what an old fat guy is looking for. Virtual needles.:eek1

10. Mr Head

Oddometer:
    It was still cold at noon. I've had to hold my fingers near the fan output from this POS Dell to stay warm.
    I'm wearing the puffy pants to get back to the hotel.
    If I told you how un-far my commute is you'd really know I'm a wuss. :lol3
    Weekend looks to warm up a bit. I hope it's warm in Sedona.

11. Gummee!

Oddometer:
    Sedona? :razor Look 2/3rds of the way down the page at the geography section. :augie

You don't have a mtn bike do ya? There's a bunch of great riding around Sedona. :ricky

You gotta go see Oak Creek Going to the brewery itself is mo bettah than the brewpub. :nod

If you have a choice, 74 -> 60 -> 89 is MUCH much more fun than shooting straight up the freeway. :nod Come back 260 -> 87

:ricky

M
  12. k7

k7 “Retired x OCD”

Oddometer:
    Link:

"Cyclist, I have no problem sharing the road with you. But, at least go the fucking speed limit posted or get off the road!!! That is a feasible request. Livestrong you fraudulent assholes."

Edit: Should be "Dorner" not "Donner".
  13. Mr Head

Oddometer:
    Hey thanks! I'll be with the family in the imitation SUV. No bike. But, a brewery seems like a good fit with the crowd.
    I'm pretty sure any riding off or on road would have me puffing like a steamer inside a few feet at this point.

I've heard of a hike up that way as well. We'll see how it all goes. My wife gets here sometime Friday followed by the oldest daughter late into the airport. We'll drive to Sedona in the morning after some breakfast at the Wildflower Bread Company. Maybe, just maybe I can nudge them out of bed in time to be at the door at 7. They aren't bringing my bike with them. I'm still trying to locate a place to stay thru the end of May. The Residence Inn blows. Wifi barely supports email. (it is supposed to be free in the lobby), nice.
    The "high speed" internet in the room is wired and only "high speed" by dial-up standards.

When the weather warms more I'll be doing some forest road exploring on the Adventure and camping. Looking forward to that.

Now, I need to get the relocation people working and find a place to stay that my motorcycle won't disappear from and isn't already occupied by vermin and is quiet and doesn't stink. And isn't an hours ride without traffic away.

Yeah, I'm picky.:lol3
    Now, if I can get housekeeping to stop re-arranging the pillows on the bed so I have to play find the pillow with enough stuffing to support my head every night, I'd count that as a KOM, game set and match. :clap
  14. azcycle

azcycle Chihuahua Wrangler

Oddometer:
    I love MTBing in Sedona! This was Sedona as of a couple days ago. Taken by my pop from his front yard:
    [​IMG]
  15. championsound

championsound Regardant fixement le soleil

Oddometer:
    Hell Yes!! Despite the daytime heat during the summer, riding in Sedona is the shit!

Big ups to the Bike & Bean!! I shipped 2 bikes to them and when my girl and I got into town, they let me take over their work area to assemble them. To top it off, they loaned us a trunk rack for the rental car for a week for free!
  16. Gummee!

Oddometer:
    When I was living in Flag, we had a snowstorm every week on the weekend for weeks straight. Very pretty, but made for shitfer riding.

@Mr Head: LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of forest service roads up around Flag. IDK if they've been designated 'wilderness' yet or not though, so check before you head off on something motorized.

...and if you go to Flag, there's some great stops to make: breweries I like the Mogollon better than Beaver St but both make great beers. DAMHIK how effed up flatlanders can get on a pub crawl thru Flag. :augie

Another place to take the family is down Bisbee/Tombstone way. Yeah, Tombstone's a tourist trap, but ya gotta go at least once. :nod

M
  17. YakSpout

Oddometer:
    My one trip to Flag, I spent way too much time each night at Flag Brew. My cousin seemed to know everyone in town and they call kept buying us beers.
  18. Gummee!

Oddometer:
    I don't doubt it. ...and being higher than Denver, you probably got hammered pretty darn quickly too!

Took me a while to get over that altitude. I moved to Flag from Morgan Hill, CA. IOW darn near sea level! :eek1

M
  19. Mr Head

Oddometer:
    I've tapered off the alcohol for a bit, to compensate for not getting to ride. I can only run so far and the added calories of beer, wine and single malt would have me running all day. :lol3

So, I have a built in limiter right now. Plus it saves me money. :evil

I sure hope to avoid any snow as well. I paid my snow dues in Denver. I do not miss snow.
    I ridden motorcycles sidecars and bicycles, both road and mountain bikes in snow. Of all of those I prefer to see snow on the TV screen and not outside my door.

Two more days, and we'll see what this Sedona place is like now. I have not been there in about 40 years.
  20. Aurelius

Aurelius Long timer

Oddometer:
    There seems to be a disagreement as to how literally to follow the recommended service interval on bicycle shocks, which the manufacturer (Fox) lists as every 100 hours. Half the people I've spoken with say that all you really need to do is check the pressure every few weeks, keep the shock body clean, and check for signs of oil leakage. Others say that the shocks need to be disassembled and carefully checked for signs of component failure. Actual examples of mechanical failure are hard to find; so far I've only heard of two instances in which a shock needed repairs, and this comes from mechanics at one of the largest local dealerships.

So, what do y'all all think?

:ear