Triangle Tag o' Rama - Let's Play!

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by JerseyBiker, Mar 24, 2010.

1. hscrugby

hscrugby "That guy"

Oddometer:
    He centered it on where we have lunch on Wednesdays. :D

Had he had a bigger monitor, we'd have more area I guess. :evil

That said, the "idea" behind it is Raleigh/Durham area. If it's a shade off the map no one would mind. I think the goal is that it's within scooter range, and range from us at lunch or right after work before dinner.

Also range for the folks with dirt tires. :D
  2. NC-Okie

NC-Okie Long timer

Oddometer:
    So when I rode my XRL with a Pirelli MT 21 on the rear to Lenoir that would of been in range?

Just poking at the hornets nest. I'll stay out of this one unless I start making Wednesday Lunch again.
  3. BHW

BHW Long timer

Oddometer:
    ^ I've ridden mountain bikes across that bridge numerous times!

At least that's a DOT tire....my tires are not DOT....full blown off road knobbies!

But it's not my tires that keep me from riding 200 miles...it's that darned seat!

I can already tell I'm going to have to buy another "street bike" eventually. I miss my Aprilia....and the kid who bought it has it up for sale again. But he's asking a good bit more for it than he paid!
  4. NC-Okie

NC-Okie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nothing wrong with the XRL's plank of wood oh I mean seat. Just ask lostmarbles by the end of the day I am riding side saddle. :D:D:huh:D:D

I tried to get him to let me try his Corbin and windscreen on his KLR but he said NO.
  5. NCStephen

NCStephen Riding NC

Oddometer:
    Nearly all tags in a parking lot are on private property. Is this a problem???

Nice TAGGING by the way.

NCS
  6. BHW

BHW Long timer

Oddometer:
    That was Wake County Speedway off 401 in Garner, tagged earlier, right?
  7. NCStephen

NCStephen Riding NC

Oddometer:
    tagged..
    Old Reedy Creek Rd, at Lake Crabtree crossing I 40 looking up hill at Harrison Ave

[​IMG]
  8. NCStephen

NCStephen Riding NC

Oddometer:
    Yup.. seems the noob left off the tag description for #2.

NCS
  9. BHW

BHW Long timer

Oddometer:
    As long as it stays East of I-85 I suspect someone will grab it in a few hours. But once they wander past I-85 they tend to linger......like the smell of a high school cafeteria dumpster in August.

Just follow the rules and nobody gets hurt! :deal :lol3
  10. chainslap

chainslap BlessedarethesicK

Oddometer:
    Well there's a first time for everyone. Today's my day.

[​IMG]

Old reedy Creek Rd bridge looking towards Harrison Ave.

See rule #3 :deal Are we riding or crying? Don't let bubba and gomer scare you. They were just protecting their very public property. Open all the time. Back entrance to the mobile home park as well. And please, describe the tag when you grab it.
  11. NCStephen

NCStephen Riding NC

Oddometer:
    TAG #4

Heresa Interesting Particular Place Of Legends

I would tell you more but it was a secret.

[​IMG]
  12. hscrugby

hscrugby "That guy"

Oddometer:
    Nice tag. I have a file tag there I've been meaning to use. :evil
  13. NCStephen

NCStephen Riding NC

Oddometer:
    too late now... would you even think of using on NCTAG now??
  14. truck6driver

truck6driver Proud Navy dad!

Oddometer:
    Does the Dog have to be in the picture shot?:D
  15. NCStephen

NCStephen Riding NC

Oddometer:
    The lady brings them both each afternoon to walk and run ... so could be. they were eager enough to want to visit with the helmeted leathered stranger. Standard poodles I think
  16. hscrugby

hscrugby "That guy"

Oddometer:
    Yes. :lol3

Now if only I could get out of work I'd take my own dog there. :rofl
  17. nod

nod As good as a wink

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  18. NCStephen

NCStephen Riding NC

Oddometer:
    The Order of Gimghoul is a collegiate secret society headquartered at Hippol (or Gimghoul) Castle in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.<sup id="cite_ref-gimghoulcastle1_0-0" class="reference">[1]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-gimghoulcastle2_1-0" class="reference">[2]</sup> The order was founded in 1889 by Robert Worth Bingham, Shepard Bryan, William W. Davies, Edward Wray Martin, and Andrew Henry Patterson, who were University of North Carolina students at the time.<sup id="cite_ref-gimghoularchives_2-0" class="reference">[3]</sup>
    The society is open to "notable" male students (rising juniors and higher), and faculty members by invitation. The society centers itself around the legend of Peter Dromgoole, a student who mysteriously disappeared from campus in 1833.<sup id="cite_ref-dromgoole1_3-0" class="reference">[4]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-dromgoole2_4-0" class="reference">[5]</sup> The founders originally called themselves the Order of Dromgoole, but later changed it to the Order of Gimghoul, "in accord with midnight and graves and weirdness," according to archives.<sup id="cite_ref-gimghoularchives_2-1" class="reference">[3]</sup>
    Tradition has it that the order held to the "Dromgoole legend and the ideals of Arthurian knighthood and chivalry." From all accounts, the order is social in nature, and has no clandestine agenda. Membership is closed and information about the order is strictly confidential as is access to archives less than 50 years old.<sup id="cite_ref-gimghoularchives_2-2" class="reference">[3]</sup>
    The meeting place of the order, Hippol Castle, was built in 1924 at a cost of nearly $50,000.<sup id="cite_ref-gimghoulcastle4_5-0" class="reference">[6]</sup> Thirteen hundred tons of rough stone were used in its construction giving it the appearance of a castle.<sup id="cite_ref-dailytarheel_6-0" class="reference">[7]</sup> It is located at the end of Gimghoul Road, not far from Old Chapel Hill Cemetery on campus near Carmichael Auditorium.<sup id="cite_ref-gimghoulcastle5_7-0" class="reference">[8]</sup> According to real estate records, the 2.15-acre (8,700 m<sup>2</sup>) site is owned by a non-profit corporation entitled the Order of the Gimghoul and has a taxable value of over $1 million.<sup id="cite_ref-gimghoulcastle1_0-1" class="reference">[1]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-gimghoulcastle6_8-0" class="reference">[9]</sup>
  19. nod

nod As good as a wink

Oddometer:
    I almost fell into a Big Hole getting this:

[​IMG]
  20. lostmarbles

lostmarbles Long timer

Oddometer:
    yep by the end of the day he's like a monkey on that bike :lol3 :lol3 he's all over it