Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Dirtmonkey8

Dirtmonkey8 VA is for Riders

Oddometer:
    Hey guys. Like what Charles and Eddy did with their F800's, I am going to drop to a 15 tooth countershaft sprocket on the 800 XC. I need a 36mm socket and possibly an impact wrench to remove the retaining nut. Does anyone here have a 36mm socket? Hopefully I can get it off by hand as I don't have compressed air at home. Thanks and fingers crossed.
  2. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    DM, I think I've got both. I'll be home Monday, and will be around all week if you want to drop by and knock it out. You just have to be brave enough to come down to P-town. :rofl

jeff
  3. PatrickInVA

PatrickInVA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Pile-o-rocks in Norfolk.
  4. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've got one too (36mm 1/2" drive) but my impact is a POS. If that won't do it can always step on brake and put a big cheater on it.

Maybe we can make a trade, socket for chain rivet tool? :evil (got a new ZVM on the way)
  5. Charles

Charles Formerly known as Dr Whipit Supporter

Oddometer:
    I got a chain tool recently (Motion Pro PBR) you could borrow. It does quad stake or hollow nose type.
  6. skychs

skychs chuck smith Supporter

Oddometer:
    Short notice ...... sorry.
    Todd and I are heading down towards Asheville tomorrow to hook up with a friend or two riding up from Atlanta. We usually stay in Little Switzerland and ride that area. If anyone is interested in joining us let me know. We can still add at least one to the group to fill a hotel room.

The weather is going to be awesome.!!!!
  7. Dirtmonkey8

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys I will try to catch up with Dan this weekend and return his chain tool and borrow his socket. Jeff, I very much appreciate the offer, but I am not sure when the part will arrive. I thought the huge socket was going to be hard to summon up. You guys are unbelievable.
  8. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the offer Doc, yeah I actually have one too. Just messing with DM.:wink:
  9. kwn306

kwn306 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Visit Aerostich in Washington D.C.
    We’re heading to our Nation’s Capital for a Five-Day pop-up event! It’s September 26th-30th, on Pentagon Row at 1101 S. Joyce Street, #B26, Arlington, VA 22202. Experience and try on ALL of the latest Aerostich Gear and Equipment, including the new Roadcrafter City, Roadcrafter Tactical Suits, Women’s sized Roadcrafters, Utility Riding Pants,…and see new custom options for Roadcrafter’s and Darien’s. Aerostich’s Combat Touring Boots and Elkskin gloves and other Aerostich stuff will be available for try-on’s and inspection, and there’s gonna be a bunch of Aerostich door prizes, too.
    Experience a better fit, meet the Aerostich crew, and bench-race with us and other riders from all over the East Coast, and with Mr. Subjective, too. Visit www.aerostich.com/popupeast for more details, and make plans to visit the Aerostich Washington D.C. pop-up location at 1101 S. Joyce Street, #B26, Arlington, VA, September 26th – 30th from 10am to 8pm daily.
  10. FormerInmate 081920

FormerInmate 081920 Guest

Oddometer:
  11. MAN OF BLUES

MAN OF BLUES COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer:
    Kurt, :eek1 not going to Lake George?
  12. manganos

manganos Let me pontificate.

Oddometer:
    I have a 1 7/16" and air tools if you want to come to Dinwiddie. Shoot me a PM if I can help.

13. kwn306

kwn306 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nope, the BMW is at Morton's on consignment and my KLR sprung a oil leak. It took Ron Ayers almost 2 weeks to get me gaskets. I'm also in the middle of re-wiring my old Guzzi so that isn't running either. Hopefully I'll have the KLR running by the end of the weekend.
  14. Dirtmonkey8

Oddometer:
    <a href="<iframe width=" 640"="" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Jt6Kfsej4fs?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="">"><a href="<iframe width=" 640"="" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Jt6Kfsej4fs?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""><iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Jt6Kfsej4fs?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

When measuring the risks, measure twice and ride safely.
  15. higworld

higworld Cheeseburger in Paradise

Oddometer:
    Man, I wanted to see the aftermath of the swimming bike!
  16. Dirtmonkey8

Oddometer:
    I think he did too. He kept his cool. I would have been cussing myself out!
  17. MAN OF BLUES

MAN OF BLUES COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer:
    I had big plans to pick up the Nutzy (USA T-O-R) in Cumberland Md today, and then continue down to Canaan to Joe's weekender there, and stick the Nut to Rella's fridge tomorrow, but work once again ruined that, then figured I could do an early morning assault from Ohio and get it by 10 a.m., and still hit Rella's, but alas an inmate from Front Royal ran up this morn and grabbed it....
    Might wanna keep an eye out for him... you could still drag him over to Rella's... I'll shoot a note to HBN, and keep him updated.

ride safe, tell momma me and Dona said hi.
  18. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I went this afternoon. CBT lites are too narrow for me I found out. They have plenty of gloves suits and boots to try on, but if you buy anything, they ship it from Duluth free instead of using the limited on hand stock.
  19. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    Just noticed this today. Sorry for the late posting.

Saturday, 28 Sept 2013, Marlinton, WV

Autumn Harvest Festival and WV Roadkill Cook-off

Mountain crafts, heritage music, lumberjacks, cloggers, Possum Trot 5K run, country fair, ducky race, etc.

And as see on Food Network, the Travel Channel, and Discovery Channel, the WV Roadkill Cook-off starts at 0900, with judging at noon. Last year's winner was the porcupine stew cooked by the Flintstones.........

Here is the link for the festival

Hope someone from Richmond can make it.

jeff
  20. HaChayalBoded

HaChayalBoded Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer:

So a friend of mine wants to get fitted and wants to ride down. He bribed me into coming along with Maryland crabcakes. So I'll be riding down tomorrow night, after 8pm.

We should get in right around midnight.

I'm guessing there ain't no campgrounds round them there parts is there? How about a cheap fleabag motel off the interstate?