Central Valley Dual Sport Rides more fun good times

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by dsrider, Jul 18, 2007.

1. GreeNug

GreeNug 210x2

Oddometer:
    Ya, it was definitely a crap tube, not sure what happened I normally run the HD ones.

That was no pinch flat either, that sucker exploded and split right down a seam! I was @ 19psi that weekend and proved a 21" front tube will get you home on a 18" rear rim, ha. I had a front pinch flat last year at warped running 16 psi.
  2. GreeNug

GreeNug 210x2

Oddometer:
    The few guys I know running this setup have since gone back to tubes, I forget why honestly, so I never converted over. How long have you been running them?
  3. McKay

McKay Long timer

Oddometer:
    Two years on two bikes at about 3000 miles. Some like 'em some don't. not sure why as i have never hear a legitimate answer. Im guessing its do to us liking to tinker with our bikes more than anything. Im just a DS rider, no tracks and not going for speed.
  4. chip

chip Follow Me

Oddometer:
    I ran tubeless in a race one year. By the end of the race my rear tire was flat do to a slightly tweeked rim. Had I been running tubes, it would have been all good, but the rim being dinged created just enough gap to leak. The tubeless inserts were useless after that.

That's the reason I switched back. For now on I'm running mousse bibs.
  5. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    Bib Mousse have one drawback they overheat when ridden on the freeway for long periods and sometimes actually turn to foam dust. That and rims get tweaked pretty easily and the lower psi that it simulates makes tires wear out quick. I wish I could afford them or the rims you go through but but I can't so like I have said I have been lucky on running a bit higher than normal pressured Ultra Heavy duty tubes.
  6. JPaccassi

JPaccassi ...searching

Oddometer:
    Chip photo bombing Greg's pic :D

[​IMG]
  7. KimBoy

KimBoy Cloud Chaser

Oddometer:
    NICE! JP. I still think you riding Bens bike up that rocky hill like a clown wins though. :rofl
  8. JPaccassi

JPaccassi ...searching

Oddometer:
    I stole that one of Chip off of Greg's facebook :D

Rodeo clown hill climbing :dllama...my new favorite sport :D Next time I'll make sure there's video...
  9. GreeNug

GreeNug 210x2

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, I ended up with an extra set of gloves in my truck after the DV trip. I thought they were monti's but he says nope. Anybody claim these? [​IMG]
  10. dzrtracin

dzrtracin возьми

Oddometer:
    Been running the ULTRAs for years mike, peace of mind. We need to ride again:freaky

RIDE ON!
  11. PotentialScat

PotentialScat aint

Oddometer:
    Those are mine n8.

I ended up with a bag of apples and some potato chips, but my wife ate them.
  12. theredrocket23

theredrocket23 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Are we all still in for that ride with Perry at the end of the Month. ? I need to prep the old xr if so. :clap

Chip is out of control man … :wings:happay
  13. GreeNug

GreeNug 210x2

Oddometer:
    Cool beenz, I'm gonna be in town tomorrow and can stop by and drop em off if ya want?
  14. GreeNug

GreeNug 210x2

Oddometer:
    I can make a ride this weekend possibly but not the following unfourtunatly. I had some other crap come up the will kill my weekend time for a little bit.
  15. KimBoy

KimBoy Cloud Chaser

Oddometer:
    Ride at end of month possible...waiting on new chain guide :huh
  16. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    But didn't you ride around Death Valley for two days and all the way back to Fresburg with that guide broken?:dunno

Who's going to Johnson Valley in two weeks? Last chance to ride it all.:freaky
  17. PotentialScat

PotentialScat aint

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  18. chip

chip Follow Me

Oddometer:
    I gotta work in sac town from the 19th - 21st. Can possibly make it still but it's gonna be tight getting back in time on friday. Unless you're thinking of leaving Sat?
  19. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    We could leave Friday night, ride saturday& Sunday...come home Sunday night.:ear

Anyone else?
  20. chip

chip Follow Me

Oddometer:
    i could leave friday night, but it would be late. have to get back at a reasonable time on sunday because I have to leave for CT Monday morning. I sound like a fucking chick.... sorry.