fun

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by FateMaker, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Vladtux

Vladtux Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    These are golden rules in Chile! :evil

and I hope you can recover you license soon!
  2. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:

As to counterfeit license: I have one for disposable use in Mexico. I gave the GED class for many years & we had training to spot copies (to prevent taking the test for others) & I can assure you that most cops wouldn't spot my copy.
    It seems that your "cup is half full"?:huh The OP doesn't qualify for prison yet, at least ,so it seems to me?
  3. H96669

H96669 A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer:
    Fake documents....I'd never give that to an official anywhere. Even a US border guard questioned my perfectly legal documents way back then. Sheeesh....!:huh

Getting to be more and more of a moot point that, our "enhanced driver's licenses" can't be photocopied. I sure tried with the very good copier at work if just to see what happens.:evil
  4. Acampao

Acampao WInd Jammer

Oddometer:
    Stay there...
  5. conrado

conrado Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've travelled a lot on a bike in Chile as a foreigner.

My experience with the carabineros (and yes, I have been stopped more than once and also fined) is that they are extremely correct. No corruption going on there.

Can't say the same about the Policia Caminera in Argentina, tough.
  6. bananaman

bananaman transcontimental

Oddometer:
    Amateurs...

All you have to do is find a friendly face at your local DMV and ask them for a spare copy (or three) of your license. Here's what I did: 1) I told them I lost my license. So I got another one. Then I lost that one, and got another one. Finally, just to take things too far, I got another one. I left two in Wisconsin, in a big envelope marked "SPARE ID: Drivers License, Passport, Title, Registration, Insurance Cards." I also saved my expired licenses. I started out handing out my expired license, in Nicaragua. By the time I got to Chile I was down to only one expired license and two current licenses.
  7. crashmaster

crashmaster ow, my balls!

Oddometer:
    I also experienced that the Carabineros were straight up, and professional. Of course they let me go with a warning each time as well. :lol3