Southwest Dual Sport Riders Club - Phoenix, AZ

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by Chick4KLRs, Nov 22, 2008.

1. AZ TOM

AZ TOM Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    A dirt route from Congress to Alamo Rd I have made many attemps to find but never any success? How? Where?. I have done a fairly easy trail from Wickenberg to Yarnell many times just took a wrong turn somewhere:D
  2. cyberdos

cyberdos Easy Bonus Loop ♦♦

Oddometer:
    Does anyone here have an auto diagnostic scanner I could borrow?

I'm trying to pinpoint a misfire on my truck and don't want to be running around in circles having to nail down which cylinder it is.
  3. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
  4. 2 SPOT

2 SPOT bring the rape whistle

Oddometer:
    cyberdos, i have one, kinda, its in my phone, if you wanna drive up here we can take a look.

nice little vids eddy

that bacon avatar looks pretty good, really, i can smell it, no, wait, i ate bacon earlier and just farted.
  5. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
    Or this one:[​IMG]:lol3
  6. AZ Mark

AZ Mark Misplaced Farmboy Supporter

Oddometer:

Yes that is one way but there is a rather severe rock-garden along that route. Ok if you have some buddies along but not for a lone rider. There are also a couple of turns that if you miss'm you go into a locked gate near the Stanton Road. :eek1

These new fangled GPS and Map software use names that I have never heard of or do not match my memory... I've roamed this area for 34 years by Foot, Jeep, Mule-back, Quads and now with the XR. I can generally show ya where to go but don't ask me for a name as it Likely won't match your maps. Example; the first 25 years that I lived here what is now called Blue Tank Road was the Scenic Loop Road. What is now Scenic Loop Road used to be Moonlight Mesa Road. Sometimes it gets confusing for this O'l pea-brain to process. :huh

When I'm making a quick run up to the Ranch House in Yarnell for some pancakes I go to the road, your map calls The Stanton Haul Road. It's graded about 1/2 way, only one gate, then you get into a rough area going to Angels Ranch Road that will slow ya down. Still the quickest route for me & my "100 degree day" Pancake run. :clap
  7. AZ Mark

AZ Mark Misplaced Farmboy Supporter

Oddometer:
    aztom... I'll have to show you sometime. I made two trips just to be sure that the hwy 93 end & the hwy 71 ends do meet somewhere in the middle. That is why the surprise of the big bike tracks!
  8. Dillon@ZenMoto

Dillon@ZenMoto falls down too much

Oddometer:
    I have one you can borrow, having a land rover you have to have a scanner, every other week it throws some code for the check engine light :lol3
  9. cyberdos

Oddometer:
    :lol3

The perpetual Land Rover issues are notorious.

Is it a scanner or a reader? Because I need a scanner. The truck isn't throwing out a code. It has to do with the conditions of the misfire occurring when the EGR opens when overdrive kicks in. Once the parameters change the EGR closes and the computer doesn't record because the misfire goes away.

BTW, I need another Shorai. This time for the DRZ.
  10. cyberdos

Oddometer:
    Anyone need a cheap trailer? :evil

I got this from our friend Kevin and I don't see myself using it anymore. It's not the prettiest thing to look at but it gets the job done. Will let it go cheap. Pm me if interested.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bikes not included. :norton
  11. nochain

nochain Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Cyber hows it going? I can attest to his trailer is hauled my bike and his just fine. Heck all I need is a truck and decide to keep my bike and I will buy it lol.
  12. nochain

nochain Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a new signature....

Cyber BTW that was the only off road ride I have done since we went out to Johnson Ranch.
  13. cyberdos

Oddometer:
    I haven't done many myself. :cry
    Broke as a joke.

Still plugging away at our debt. We can see the light at the end of the tunnel though. Just a few more months and we'll be good so I can go back to riding every weekend. :d
  14. Yellowdatsun

Yellowdatsun Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Too bad it's crowded, and too bad it's been bladed. Back when we used to ride it we'd see *maybe* one or two vehicles the whole trip up. It was a trail that not many people went on. Was a great adventure with the MX bikes.
  15. DcboyRider

DcboyRider SHITTIN AND GITTIN

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to give a big thanks to the guys over at Zen Moto, Dillon was a big help when it came to wiring up my LED's that I picked up from him a few weeks ago. If you haven't made it buy there in a while swing buy and check out all the new products they have picked up. Seems like I get something new every time I just stop but to say hi. Thanks again guys!!!:clap Josh
  16. offroad Bemidji

offroad Bemidji P/T rider F/T adv.

Oddometer:
    I just want to thank EsconDeasy for replying to my post and showing me around the Wildcat trails. I wish I could spend all winter riding around there. Thank you to the folks at Extreme Arizona, the bike and hospitality was great. Cave Creek was a great town, I especially liked the burger at Big Earls and my tour through the Rare Earth Gallery.

17. F800ekelley

F800ekelley Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Interested pm me
  18. refokus

refokus Hmmmmmm Supporter

Oddometer:
    Why wouldn't you PM Cyberdos is you are interested? :huh
  19. SonnyAZ

SonnyAZ DesertDweller

Oddometer:
    Try this one...
    http://goo.gl/maps/B39kO
    It's about as good as your going to do without crossing private land (mine included).

Suggest one of these...
    http://www.maps.com/map.aspx?pid=800
    It can be real handy.
  20. AZ TOM

AZ TOM Long timer Supporter

Oddometer: