"Roll to the Hole II" - Kentuckiana Icebreaker 2013

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by mbabc, Dec 12, 2012.

?

OK- so who's coming and what ya riding?

1. Dunno yet

2. Small (under 400cc) dually bike

3. Big (over 400cc) dually bike

4. Streeter

5. Why would I waste my valuable time on a ride like this???

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. FYYFFKY

FYYFFKY Adventurous

Oddometer:
    Luggage and a clutch? I have a tow strap and apparently if you smell like cotton candy Nick will give you dollars and a Ruffie. Is that how you spell the date rape drug Nick?

No really, no one else has sounded off about the other 2 bunks so if you don't get luggage you can have a bunk for about the same price as camping. That's why I got a bunk...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  2. nickgindy

nickgindy Lover of the KLR

Oddometer:
    As long as you dont snore.
    Theres a few types.
    The two prescription drugs are GHB, also known as gamma-hydroxybutyric acid, and benzodiazepines (such as flunitrazepam, also known as Rohypnol or "roofies").
    ...according to wikepedia...
  3. mickdee

mickdee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Haha, reading the humor I can tell this is an enjoyable group of guys. So I just reserved the final small Cabin with Ralph at Rock Cabin....I'm no good sleeping with one eye open so it sounds best that I keep a locked door between Nick and I....LOL. I've got some customer bikes to work on first, but I hope to learn more about the clutch on the dr650 soon and have it squared away before the ride. At worst a duffle bag of some kind should get me by in the luggage department. Nick and Cjames, yeah, convoying down with you guys would be great. Maybe we'll just meet on the east side or south of Indy at a gas station exit for a fuel up. Quick and easy and it will get us on the same fuel schedule.
  4. FYYFFKY

FYYFFKY Adventurous

Oddometer:
    Lol "according to wikipedia"

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  5. nickgindy

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a plan. well coordinate closer to time.
  6. mbabc

mbabc Journeyman Curmudgeon

Oddometer:
    Scouted a proposed north bound route today. I was planning to ride it but an early rain with more forecast put me in the wagon again.

Stopped and spoke with Ralph. He said there are a couple open spots left.

[​IMG]

Went by the diner in beautiful downtown Pig, KY.

[​IMG]

What's this???

[​IMG]

Whew...just a temporary shutdown! Here's their winter hours. Remember, CENTRAL time.

[​IMG]

I was looking for roads mostly like these...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did find some rock roads...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spring's coming boys...I was happy to find these guys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Route goes through Rosine and Fordsville. Rosine is the birthplace of Bill Monroe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More later.
  7. nickgindy

Oddometer:
    So are we looking at majority pavement?
  8. nickgindy

Oddometer:
    Ok good. My buddy Adam plans on joining this year again on his fz1 and doesn't mind short segments of gravel but doesn't want alot. He got a rock that dented one of his headers last year.

Defiantly ready for the ride this year!
  9. woodly1069

woodly1069 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dang Mark, FLOWERS! You must have been really south of here! All the work you put into this thing is sure appreciated! Can't wait to ride those nice country roads and maybe we'll even have some more flowers! :clap
  10. Kbowling

Kbowling Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This sounds like a fun time
  11. mickdee

mickdee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It appears over 40 riders attended last year and over 20 have answered the poll already for this year, so do I assume correctly that we will break into sub-groups based on riding pace...some faster than others, some want to stop and smell the flowers while others want to just blast it out, etc? That's how I'm used to handling my offroad rides and it allows everyone to ride their preferred pace. No one feels pressured or rushed, no one feels like they are being held up. How did this work last year? If you broke into groups did you have plans to get regrouped during the day or was it just a "see you at camp tonight" scenario? I'm assuming GPS routes are shared ahead of time so most everyone is aware of the route prior to the ride? I may have a GPS I can borrow for this ride (I have some knowledge of downloading tracks into it) but if I don't have a GPS am I good to go to just buddy up with a GPS rider? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to get up to speed so on the day of the ride you guys don't sniff out my NOOB scent too quickly! :D Thanks, Mickdee
  12. AC909

AC909 Great Job!

Oddometer:
    Yes, everyone breaks off into their own groups and does their own thing. There really isnt a Group 1 goes fast Group 2 hopes to make it to camp by nightfall and Group 3 stops for gas and food only. Its more like, hey I ride this way you want to ride together? There are also lone wolfs that get the GPS track and go alone. This like all of our rides is very mellow and do your own thing in your own time.
  13. nickgindy

Oddometer:
    Just watch out for the lost group. thats the group you get in an realize no one has a gps or the route. Good scenery on that route though.
  14. godwinmt

godwinmt They call me Crash

Oddometer:
    The other group to watch out for is the group with the old guy on a big 950 adventure being chased by the kid on a little DR200...they'll sneak up on you unless you're doing more than 55 on a rough+straight road...the little bike can't keep up past that :evil

Really hoping to make this...it'll be close if I'm able to get on a bike by then...have to see what the doc says next week at my checkup :) Hopefully the bone's doing its thing and is filling in nicely
  15. AC909

AC909 Great Job!

Oddometer:
    Fingers crossed for ya!
  16. hilljak

hilljak Hayseed

Oddometer:

:dunno

[​IMG]
  17. nickgindy

Oddometer:
    good question. whichever time zone is later woukd be best for us long traveling folks from the north side.of indianapolis and others even more north. i know cjames probably cant hold it at 65mph comfortable for a long period of time on the highway
  18. mbabc

Oddometer:
    This thing was supposed to be organized??? That's a good one!!

I vote we roll on eastern time. 11 or 10?....dunno, might take some a bit to arrive.
  19. woodly1069

woodly1069 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm good either way...I will do what ever the majority decides. I just wanna ride! :D
  20. mbabc

Oddometer:
    Detail, details....I'll cipher those numbers tonight.

Let talk about food!

Went scouting today and ate at this place about 20-25 minutes east of the cabins in Uno, KY. Great food, but they close at 7 (central) Saturday. They were busy too, I figure you could sit 18 inside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]