Nwgs Jeep'n Thread

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by nwgs, May 20, 2007.

1. Ride_There

Ride_There Will ride for bacon.

Oddometer:
    Glad that it will work out for you.

I know H&R offered coil-overs to raise MK4 VW's at on point. Designed for rally cars... I Couldn't find a set when I finally figured out that lowering daily drivers wasn't worth it this far north.

Don't know if you have considered adding more ground clearance to your golf..:ear
  2. RustySpokes

RustySpokes Ordinary average guy

Oddometer:
    You can also take the base off the high lift jack pretty easy and store it separately to give you more flexibility on where you put stuff. Also check out a product called "jackmate", its a handy accessory for a high lift.
  3. Andrew

Andrew Optimus Primer

Oddometer:
    I would kill for a 1.5 inch lift (easy enough with milled and turned spacers under the struts), but it seems that would interfere with the Electronic Stability Program, which pulses the brakes when it senses drift in turns. The ESP is great on sanded winter roads, and in snow, and I can turn it off when I like, but I don't want to give it up entirely.

So I make do with my heavy-duty skid plate, and bash on through the rutted desert roads. The Jeepsters often look at us with amazed eyes, trying to figure out how our little car got there...
  4. WSobchak

WSobchak Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Now that is a VERY cool jeep. Looks like an excellent project...

Bought or Built??
  5. WMD

WMD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Built. Mine to drive as a kid, sat in the family barn for 25yrs. I started the restoration when my dad passed away...still at it. I've got over 400 pics of the resto but photobucket is such a pain in the ass since they revamped their site its not worth messing with.
  6. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Check out this site for you pictures, it is a site to do basically blogs for cars. http://www.cardomain.com/

I have some on there with mine that I have worked on, here is an example of my jeep. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241565/1977-jeep-cj7/

Yes mine are much shorter than yours, but it would be good to do for nostalga's sake I think with your jeep's background.
  7. WSobchak

Oddometer:
  8. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Small block 350 I built for someone else with their money and a sm465 trans with a Dana 300 behind it.

sent from my abacus.
  9. RockyRaccoon

RockyRaccoon Found:Gideon's Bible Supporter

Oddometer:
    :clap

Not three weeks ago I was out four-wheeling in Sperry Wash with my Subaru Impreza and had to jack it up five times to get over a rock on which it got high centered. It kept spitting out the rock ramps I built. :lol3
  10. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Well, I have a 48" but from what I measured, the height is the total height of the base, jack and the top clamp. The "ladder" is 46,5" tall. You add an inch if you put the base plate on and then add a bit more when the top clamp is on. The baseplate and handle are removable once you take the cotter pin out. The top clamp comes off with a large nut. If you don't need to whole 42" you can get a 36".
  11. Rogue_Ryder

Rogue_Ryder

Oddometer:
  12. WSobchak

Oddometer:
    more pics please...

and details. What is that rig?
  13. Carlo Muro

Carlo Muro Herr Schadenfreude the Good Knievel

Oddometer:
    looks like some kind of a JK built to look like a Gladiator
  14. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
  15. Range Motorsport

Range Motorsport Junk collector

Oddometer:
  16. goodcat8

goodcat8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  17. Rogue_Ryder

Rogue_Ryder

Oddometer:
    This is a cool panorama my friend took up near the top of Fireman Hill just outside of Boulder. The Girl Standing next to the Jeep has a video of some poor KLR rider that was having a tough time time making it up the hill just below us, guy had street tires and probably stock gearing which probably wasn't helping.
    [​IMG]
    I'm not sure if Jeeps are popular or not around here :rofl
    [​IMG]
    my 31s look tiny even compared to 33s.
  18. longtallsally

longtallsally Yeah I'm a chick

Oddometer:
    You talking in Left Hand Canyon? Did you go up Carnage? Or have they closed that due to the knuckleheads shooting there?

If this is the Fireman Hill I knew when I lived there, that was a hard one and I had to right 2 Jeeps that rolled going up it after I made it up.
  19. Rogue_Ryder

Rogue_Ryder

Oddometer:
    Yeah it's in Left Hand Canyon. Lower Carnage trail has been forever closed along with the Endo Hill. There were guys shooting all over the place when we went up there on Friday evening. It was all bikes and Jeeps though once you got high enough. Saw 3 tricked out XJs another YJ and a TJ on the upper trails.
  20. longtallsally

longtallsally Yeah I'm a chick

Oddometer:
    Yeah, you enter and then Carnage was straight, and if you went up left, it took you up Lefthand Canyon (the longer and really easy way). The scary part was driving right through the line of fire where people used to shoot in that big clearing. Going up the easy way I think only took a couple hours to do the whole loop if memory serves. I used to go up there to do papers when I was in grad school.

I've got some pics and videos from that trail, but I can't seem to find them anywhere. I actually had to buy a welder due to parts I kept ripping off going up that one.

It's really a bummer it's closed as it was a very fun trail and very challenging.