Motorrad Elektrik : Are they still in business ?

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by georgesgiralt, Nov 18, 2012.

1. georgesgiralt

georgesgiralt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello !
    I was thinking fitting a beacon light to the rear of my R65.
    Sold here : http://www.motoelekt.com/lighting.htm
    So I send an email (because there is no shop online) got no answer. Then I tried the phone paying attention to the time difference (guessing their location) as I live in France. The phone rang but no answer (as it it a "special" number I got a warning that this call will be charged as I(m outside the USA, so wonder...
    So do you, guys, have made business with them recently ?
    Many thanks for your help !
  2. Boxer Metal

Boxer Metal Mad Scientist

Oddometer:
    I spoke to Rick a couple of weeks ago. Like myself being a one man shop it's tough sometimes trying to do all. If he doesn't respond to your email in a couple of days let me know and I'll get the light for you.
  3. _cy_

_cy_ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rick at http://www.motoelekt.com is good as they come!!

last I heard he's still in business and everything is fine. what's the time zone difference?
  4. hardwaregrrl

hardwaregrrl Can't shoot straight Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah, Rick is still very much in Business. Just be patient, he's got a lot going on.
  5. craydds

craydds Long timer

Oddometer:
  6. Bluethumb

Bluethumb Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was on the road last week and had a charging problem. Rick spent 10 minutes on the phone talking me through it. I used his "help" line. He answered on the second ring. He could not have been more helpful and got me through my problem.

I also purchased a Alpha ignition trigger and new rotor from him a month and a half ago. Arrived quickly.

I have noticed he's slow on emails, I think he's out of the shop a lot. Phone is better. Solid guy.

Peter
  7. mrbindc

mrbindc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I bought a DYNA brown coil and new caps/wires from Rick just a few months ago. I called him to talk through what I needed, he was very helpful and shipped it fast. I had a few questions during the installation and he walked me through it on the phone. I can't say enough about how helpful he is and goes out of his way.

I'm planning to buy an Alpha ignition system from him in the near future. You can't go wrong buying from Rick.
  8. mark1305

mark1305 Old Enough To Know Better Supporter

Oddometer:
    Make sure to report back on the Alpha system when you get it. I like the idea, but am still watching for any feedback on it before taking the plunge.. I know quite a few folks have bought it, but I've seen so few comments it keeps me wondering.
  9. mrbindc

mrbindc Adventurer

Oddometer:
  10. boxerkuh

boxerkuh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Time difference between France and Alabama, USA is 7 hours, France being ahead of it.
  11. Disston

Disston ShadeTreeExpert

Oddometer:
    I don't mind the French being ahead in such things. I just wish they wouldn't be so uppity about it. :freaky
  12. georgesgiralt

georgesgiralt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Disston, we are not uppity about the time zone, it is just that we use the German time zone and not the English one we should ... On this matter, also, Germany has won in Europe .....
    I take your advice and will phone to place my order !
    thanks for your help :rofl
  13. mark1305

mark1305 Old Enough To Know Better Supporter

Oddometer:
    Found that tonight and all the latest. Thanks much. If my quick & dirty bean can cleanup doesn't cut it, the Alpha will be the way to go. And soon.