MT1000 2nd running

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by jjmyzrider, Mar 2, 2011.

1. jjmyzrider

jjmyzrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We are putting together the MT1000 again for July 17th-22nd 2011:clap.

We will be starting at the Darby Logger Days grounds, just as we did last year. The route will be different, from the route we ran last year. The only part of the route that will be the same is throught the Gravelly's into Sheep Creek.
    :deal
    The route can be found at https://sites.google.com/site/mt1k2011/
    The final routes will be available as soon as possible. Which means a week or so prior to the start of the event. It takes a while to get the snow cleared out and routs ran prior to the event.

This will be a mostly dirt, moderate, scenic route through the back roads of Montana. Each day will be aprox 168 miles. I recommend a fuel range of 150 + miles just to be on the safe side. Alternates, will once again be available and this year will have some more difficult sections. There will be a couple of pre-ridden single track as well that will require a smaller more woods worthy bikes.

You will have to be responable for your own sleeping accomidations. We are planning on stoping at a few campgrounds, however they will not be reserved. You may have to do some primitive camping.

We will depart Sunday AM, July 17th, from Darby. We will be returning to Darby on Friday July 22nd, for the start of West Fest.
  2. jjmyzrider

Oddometer:
    In:
    Aanarchy
    BozoMoto
    Chadx
    Chains45
    gmsnowball
    huzar
    laflyer (+1)
    Snr Moment
    Stinky
    Timmer
    TortillaJesus
    Viola-tor
  3. gmsnowball

gmsnowball Black Bear Pass

Oddometer:
    Oklahoma Some Where, just east of spoobooty
    IN :clap

4. Snr Moment

Snr Moment Unafarkler

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  5. Timmer

Timmer Curious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    IN!!!:clap:clap
  6. Chadx

Chadx my toot toot

Oddometer:
    Innie!

To wet everyone's appetite, a couple pics of the route through the Big Belt mountains east of Helena. Last year's MT1000 route didn't pass through this mountain range. It offers great riding and we've already plotted alternate routes through it for those able and willing to ride a bit more challenging terrain.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. Stinky

Stinky Team Hematoma

Oddometer:
    Absolutely, positively in!
  8. Stovebolt

Stovebolt Team Ruptured Buzzard

Oddometer:
    hhmmmmmmm.........:evil

Stovey
  9. Stinky

Stinky Team Hematoma

Oddometer:
    Hi Stovey! :wave I was wondering how long before you chimed in. This is gonna be great!! Now... where's the rest of the crew?
  10. Timmer

Timmer Curious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll repeat my offer from last year's MT1000: If anyone wants to ride the 2011 MT1k with me at a photographer's pace, I'm looking to hook up with no more than 5 others. For me it's not a race, I just like to ride, eat, camp, sleep, and repeat for 5-6 days. The MT1k will be a warm-up for doing the WABDR starting 7/31 and following the DS rally in Stevenson.
  11. one can

one can n00b

Oddometer:
    I had a GREAT time last year so count me IN for 2011.
  12. Snr Moment

Snr Moment Unafarkler

Oddometer:
    :y0! I'm up for the photographer/fisherman/primitive camp pace & will probably be going on to WABDR.
  13. Stovebolt

Stovebolt Team Ruptured Buzzard

Oddometer:
    Hey Rod!

I'm so tempted to just type "IN!" but it's too early in my game yet. Had surgery for level 2 SL advanced collapsed wrist a week ago. Trying to save my wrists, job all this kind of stuff. Still, they haven't thrown any dirt over me yet...:rofl

Last year's ride was great - really enjoyed it and the Rally. Good folks and I'd love to do it again. I will too, if I can.

Which bike will you ride this time?

stovey

14. Stinky

Stinky Team Hematoma

Oddometer:
    Hey Stovey- I'm not sure what a collapsed wrist is but it doesn't sound good. :eek1 Hope you heal well and fast my friend.

I had a great time with you guys last year and hope we can all do it again. After the beating I took last year on the GS, I'm bringing the 4-fiddy this year! I'm prepping it now and it'll be in fine form by July. Woo-hoo!
  15. RIDE DUAL SPORT

RIDE DUAL SPORT POSER W/PROPS

Oddometer:
    Could you find some routes of serious single track alternates for a couple of the days or more? It is easy if camping means no hauling extra weight on the bike. Last year we enjoyed it and will try to attend agian this year since we will be in the area to do the tour of Idaho.
  16. jjmyzrider

Oddometer:
    Single track will be part of it this year. There will be a couple of sections available on alternates.
  17. huzar

huzar Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer:
    Definitely IN! :deal
  18. Chains45

Chains45 Wait.... what?

Oddometer:
    :y0!

Seeing as how you will be going through my stompin grounds on the first day I guess I should go - so IN.:kumbaya
    (I am hoping the Edith peak road from the 9-Mile valley into the Jocko is open by then, has about 5-8 feet of snow on it now.)
  19. laflyer

laflyer n00b

Oddometer:
    My son Loren and I are hoping to ride and trailer a couple of KLRs up from LA to join the fun. (It's okay... we are Montana natives, and promise not to Californicate the ride, lol.)

Should we plan on obtaining Montana OHV permits?

With any luck we will be able to persuade Mom that she will have a wonderful time staying with my sister in Missoula while we are off playing in the woods for a week or more.

Russell Smith
    Los Angeles
  20. MoonDogMT

MoonDogMT ride on

Oddometer:
    Russell, you would be welcome even if you weren't a Montanan! :D

But, I know what it feels like to be an expatriate and am really glad you're making the trip.

R.e. the OHV permit, everything you want to know (or that we collectively know) is on the 2011 MT 1k web site, "Useful Information" page, #2. Browse here:
    http://sites.google.com/site/mt1k2011/useful-information

Best,
    md