Weekly rides near Charleston, SC

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by StolenFant, May 14, 2012.

1. StolenFant

StolenFant Life is good on this side of the grass Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dave, Do you have any idea of the route? Most of the bikes riding tomorrow are larger, easy road bikes.
  2. StolenFant

Oddometer:
    This ride morphing quickly b/c Parson's Mountain and Cedar Creek OHV trails are closed at present. There is definitely a HoCat ride Saturday, and the email group is getting all the latest info. Robert and Hal, you have been added.
    The last email the email group was approx 11:30 AM Eastern Daylight time. If you got that, you're on the list.

Clint

3. twistydave

twistydave Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    stolenfant not sure if you were talking to me but, Yea, sure do, know the route ffor the June 23 ride. I'm leading it .:evil It's tight twisties. Rural roads with hopefully few cars. The short dirt stretches are just connecting routes between the pavement. Larger adventure,standard and sport bikes will do fine. Big harleys like a road king etc. may want to choose another day to ride with us. If things work out. so far, we have a Dorsoduro, Tiger 800, 1050, GS, 400 DR, me on the Wee. Ride route, start and stop times are very flexible.
  4. StolenFant

Oddometer:
    Sorry, didn't catch the date at beginning.
  5. StolenFant

Oddometer:
    Here's the final Plan for Saturday, June 16 ride:

Meet at 9AM at Dodges Store on Hwy 17 just outside of Charlston, (32,802092, -80.124493)
    Dodges has breakfast (biscuits and such) Then ride 26 miles to where we'll meet MarshTiger on HoCat

Meet MarchTiger at 10AM at intersection of Alt 17 and Rhode Drive (32.925545,-80.445714)
    Ride 16 miles of HoCat to Meow, then over 70 miles of Meow to the Piggly Wiggly in Neeses to meet Laura for lunch.

Laura, I'm guessing we'll hit Piggly Wiggly between 1 and 2PM. However, we can call you enroute to give a better ETA.

If anyone is interested in viewing the GPX files, they are on www.dualsportmaps.com. Click GPX files and zoom in around St. George, SC. Click on the flag at St. George, then "show map". Map name is Saturday June 16, 2012.

So far we have 2 or 3 Tigers, a KLR, my WeeStrom. and some tentative riders.

I won't be posting again before this trip, but can be reached via cell or email until about 8:30AM June 16.

Clint
    843-224-2496 cl3@sotank.com

6. Marsh Tiger

Marsh Tiger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    those that didn't join us today missed out...

[​IMG]

let's just say, "what sign..."
  7. StolenFant

Oddometer:
    I don't know about the rest of you, but i enjoyed that bit of single track at Laura and Speedee's place.
    Bart, can you our Okeedokee hook us up with some of that in Francis Marion. you did a month our so ago.
    Weather permitting, it is time for a Sunday ride, What say gang?
    Clint
  8. Aron31

Aron31 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry about being out of the loop. I was in Orlando all last week and kind of went under the radar. Avoiding any unwanted emails or phone calls if you know what I mean.

Anything possibly planned for this week?

The area I usually ride is all mucked up from all the rain we had last week. I took the wife's 250 back there and it even was getting stuck in the mud so I couldn't imagine 650s or larger doing well at all.
  9. StolenFant

Oddometer:
    Family will be having reunion at Pawleys this weekend, so I'll be with them. I may teacher explore trip up that way, but may just take the weekend off. I hope some of you will hit the trail and keep the group going. After the Wee took not one, but two naps, Camille is suggesting i find a lighter blew for these 'spirited' rides. She just insists that it be 'dirt' cheap. I failed to appreciate her pun. Anyone have a plated DR-z or KTM they're tired of?
  10. Marsh Tiger

Marsh Tiger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry I missed the ride last weekend. I had a hard week prior at work and was a little tired. Sounds like I missed a good show ;)

I might be able to get away for something this weekend. It's likely to be muddy and flooded on the HOCAT. How about a Saturday BBQ ride?
  11. StolenFant

Oddometer:
    Sounds good, I know Adrian would be up for it. After months of rehabing his back, and rebuilding his GS boxer, he's itching to get out and ride. I just shot an email to the group, reply to all with your ideas Joel, I know they'll be good ones.
  12. kuhnsteve01

kuhnsteve01 n00b

Oddometer:
    hello im down from ohio staying at mt pleasant. im looking for some place to ride around Charleston, SC and im also looking for a clutch cable for a 98 klr650 new or used dealer said by friday but thats cutting it to close for my trip back up north
  13. bloodline

bloodline Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Softball pitch
  14. StolenFant

Oddometer:
    Steve, we only have one klr in our group, but I'll try to put you in touch. I'll pm you, but give me a call about clutch cable and riding. 843-224-2496
  15. 2bikebart

2bikebart Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey MarshTiger I found us a new swimming hole today. It has two rope swings and is at a boat ramp on the Santee.

kuhnsteve01 head up 17 and go into the Francis Marion forest there are lost of fire roads in the there. If I had seen your post earlier I could have showed you around this morning. I live in Mt P and put in over 100 miles this morning about 80 of it off road.
  16. kuhnsteve01

kuhnsteve01 n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm staying in belle hall I seen another KLR yesterday went to his house but no answer at the door. I mite go up 17 tomorrow and check it out thanks
  17. kuhnsteve01

kuhnsteve01 n00b

Oddometer:
    I'll call you tomorrow it's after 1100 pm now thanks for your reply
  18. kuhnsteve01

kuhnsteve01 n00b

Oddometer:
    Ok to day I rode about 180 mi, 30 in Francis Marion forest grate ride but I went up to the atv trail and being from
    Ohio my bike or I liked the sand so got the hell out of there headed up to surf side ate lunch and back to belle hall
    Thanks for the in sight on a place to ride:D
  19. 2bikebart

2bikebart Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Forgot to tell you the Wamba cycle trail is real sandy. It's only good right after a rain or if you have a dirt bike with sand tires.

So whats the plan for this weekend?
  20. kuhnsteve01

kuhnsteve01 n00b

Oddometer:
    Deep sea fishing Friday all day then heading back to Ohio sat, morning camping sat, night and back in zanesville Ohio sun, some time later then back to work mon,