REV'IT! Gear for ADV Riders

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Motodisiac, Aug 6, 2008.

1. UpST8

UpST8 turnin gas to noise

Oddometer:
    Just ordered up my Dakar pants!! Short / Medium. Now I will have to watch my figure, so I don't have to "upgrade" :wink: Really looking foward to these pants!!! Should be a great addition to the Offtrack jacket.

What pants would you recommend for my wife? She has the Angel jacket now. She's tiny too. 5'4" @ 100lbs :nod

Thanks for the great service!!
  2. Motodisiac

Motodisiac Moto Terrorist

Oddometer:
    Your order will ship tomorrow, thank you for your business :D
    I would recommend FACTOR pants in ladies cut for your wife, take some measurements :evil I need waist, inseam and hips....

Dennis

3. rdcyclist

rdcyclist Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Aaron,
    That's quite a quiver you've got there! How do you keep the shifting straight when you go from the BSA or the TR6C to the RD350?

Thanks for the great well written review. My question is: What size Infinity suit did you get? I'm about your size. Well except for the additional 20 pounds...

Thanks again...
  4. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    FYI there is special size chart for INFINITY, if you send me your stats I will tell you the exact size you need. Regards,

Dennis

5. motorzen

motorzen Internet Antagonist

Oddometer:
    For the record, Dennis is a whiz at figuring out this sizing via Internet thing. Even though I have a body type most closely resembling that of Spongebob's, he was able to sort out my Infinity size on the first try!
  6. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dennis,
    Any info on the Turbine yet? I looked at the 2009 catalog, and, am thinking about the pants. Price? Availability? Hopefully, by summer???? I might be out your way visiting family in March. I'll plan on stopping by!
  7. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    Jim,

The price on the jacket will be $359.99 and the matching pants will cost $329.99 They will be available way before it gets hot. You are always welcome to stop by :D

D.

8. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    Pure luck :D INFINITY is pretty tricky to size because it's one piece, but I'm getting better and better with every one that I'm selling ... Have you tested yours so far?

D.

9. motorzen

motorzen Internet Antagonist

Oddometer:
    Wouldn't you know it... I waited 2 years for this suit and when I finally get it, it starts snowing here. It only snows about 3 days a year here, and so far it's been on the ground for about 5 days with more coming. Yikes!
  10. Badger278

Badger278 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You need to put it on, and a white helmet and walk outside and play astronaut.:norton

11. KevinMTB

KevinMTB Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dennis,
    Just wanted to say thanks for the Cayenne jacket and Dakar pants. They fit pretty good and I like they way look too. Aloha, KevinMTB
  12. sonic578

sonic578 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For 2009 the TURBINE is replacing the AIRFORCE. In the online catalog, the pics on the explanation page show a zippered vent on the sleeves, yet the pics on the next page show the same sleeve area without zippered (or any) vents. Which is correct?
  13. Badger278

Badger278 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sonic,

Wow...that was a good catch. The Turbine is a fully vented mesh jacket and therefore will not have the vent zippers. The product in the photo was a prototype.

Cheers,
    Jordan

14. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    I'll have some nice pictures of TURBINE soon.... it feels great :clap

D.

15. BoochZilla

BoochZilla Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer:
    The Turbine is the marriage of bombproofing and air conditioning. Such a rarity.

Not surprising that there has been serious buzz about it already. I saw it and had it on in September, and with the Pants it really is a one a kind combo.

I have my XL on standby and am counting the days until it lands.

I have to believe there are some pretty hardcore women riders out there chomping at the bit for the ladies version as well. :-)

Anthony
  16. sonic578

Oddometer:
    Since the Turbine replaces the Airforce, as a very satisfied Airforce daily user (in Florida), I'm interested in how this jacket is getting better!

The Airforce has 2 zippered chest vents / pockets and the back can be opened again with a zipper. There are panels of fabric that are breathable. Overall, I'd say well ventilated, and reasonably configurable.

Turbine doesn't seem to have any of the 3 zippered vents. Is the fabric more or less breathable than the Airfoce fabric? What else differs?

What about Turbine price? Airforce started at $299 and is now $259, presumably as it reaches end of life.
  17. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    Well, you could say TURBINE is evolution of AIRFORCE. It will cost $359.99 when it comes out, and the little price increase reflects the choice of hi-tech materials and armor. Like CAYENNE PRO it will have SAS TEC elbow and shoulder protection, plus Superfabric panels on elbows and shoulders. Chest pockets are gone, collar adjustment has bigger range, collar has hook and loop to prevent flapping in the wind. Bigger reflective stripes on the chest and huge reflective stripe on lower back. It will flow about the same amount of air as AIRFORCE because it uses the same Dynex mesh. The cuffs are a bit wider and cuff velcros are more functional, similar to CAYENNE PRO . Overall the jacket feels like it has a bit looser fit compared to AIRFORCE, it could be that the one that I tried was pre-production sample though, I will know how they fit once I will receive them. Here are a couple of pics

Front view

[​IMG]

Rear view. Note the addition of reflection stripe

[​IMG]

Superfabric on elbow and shoulder for extra protection, stretch panels on the elbow for extra comfort

[​IMG]

Zippered side pockets are nice

[​IMG]

I already sold my AIRFORCE as it will be replaced by this jacket. I'm my best customer :rofl

Dennis

18. sonic578

Oddometer:
    Nicely evolved! Thanks for the description and pics. :clap

The question (for me) will be flowability. Looking fwd to some warm weather comments. I do like the idea of more flexible elbows / arms. With the liner in especially, mine feels a little confining.

Maybe you should consider opening a Moto Beach East in South Florida so we could actually try this stuff in a store! I think the nearest Revit 'store' is a 6 hr drive up in Tampa.
  19. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dennis,
    any pictures of the pants?
  20. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    No pictures of the pants yet, but I must tell you they match the jacket is design and construction. They will also come in silver :evil

Dennis

By the way I forgot to mention that TURBINE doesn't come with waterproof lner like AIRFORCE,