Handlebar anti vibration breakthrough

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by RicorSHX, Mar 27, 2009.

1. RicorSHX

RicorSHX Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've PM'd RXV_Poor and asked him the chime in. He put these in almost everything he has.
  2. RXV_Poor

RXV_Poor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I gave my stock Aprilia/Magura handlebars away years ago (Yes I've had RXV for years. Kind of scary isn't it?) If I remember correctly if you use the Aprilia/Acerbics handguards it will attach to the longer bolt. I think the problem is with where the bar tapers down. If they fit on the stock KTM bars they should fit the Aprilia bars. I have Pro Taper bars (CR Mid) with Vibranators installed.

I use Flexxbars on my RXV 550 & 950 ADV with Vibranators. When I get enough $ I'll be putting Flexx bars on my 525XC with Vibranators.

If you have hand grip issues this setup helps! For the $ the Vibranators are your best bet.

I hope this answers your questions.
  3. Ciampa

Ciampa Long timer

Oddometer:
  4. RicorSHX

RicorSHX Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The Vibranator is a TUNED mass DAMPER/harmonic absorber. The Faast appears to be a weight. I have inspected them and IMO have not found the elements that would make it a TUNED mass DAMPER. A weight will change the the frequency the bar will resonate at. Just like a guitar string, the bar has a resonate frequency it will vibrate at if it's not DAMPENED. Everything has a resonate frequency, a building, a car body/chassis, baseball bat, tennis racket, Fergie's butt, golf club, a rock, everything. A TUNED mass DAMPER/ harmonic absorber puts a stop to it very efficiently. The weight per side is 2.2 oz for the aluminum bars and 2.4 oz for the steel bar version. Our test instruments showed an 80% reduction in the vibration level. That's when we knew it was time to apply for a patent and start a company.

[​IMG] Vibranators: tight fit but leaves a smile ([​IMG] 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
    sportytrace
  5. LukasM

LukasM Long timer

Oddometer:
    On a RTW ride - currently touring the U.S.
    Will these work with threaded bar end inserts?

[​IMG]
  6. ACDNate

ACDNate Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok so i was checking these out and can't figure something out. Do these have some kind of bar end on them? Or would you need to have some closed end grips to cover up what's left?
  7. R_W

R_W wannabe

Oddometer:
    I could (so I am sure you could) get it to work...ONCE. But it wouldn't come apart again (not if you used loctite on the inserts, anyway). You need to wait for the BMW solution.
  8. bimmerxi

bimmerxi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Let me know when you have a BMW version. I have a R1200GS w/heated grips, and handguards:ear
  9. Chipper

Chipper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    KTM 950, stock bars, acerbis multiplo hanguards, kaoko(?) throttle lock. Will they work with this setup ricor? Previous poster asked about this but never answered.
  10. RicorSHX

RicorSHX Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The stainless steel button head bolt would be exposed. It would look better with new grips. For our shop SV, we bought Ducati plastic plugs for $1.99 each. IMO, they didn't look good. Currently our machining capacity is maxed out, otherwise we would be making bar end weights that attach directly to the Vibranator. If you can find a bar end weight that only goes in about an inch, that would work good.
  11. RicorSHX

RicorSHX Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I looked up the Bark Buster bar end anchors on their website. The Vibranator anchoring system is compatible with that type as long as the bolt threads are 8mm X 1.25. Everyone else (Acerbis, Cycra,etc) uses that thread pitch. On the website, the hand guard for all bars is the model you want. We've had great results with the DL1000. The only complaint was the owner had to watch his speedometer instead of using the buzz to know he was speeding. Almost got a ticket at 85 mph.
  12. RicorSHX

RicorSHX Adventurer

Oddometer:
    RXV Poor installed them with a throttle lock on his KTM 950. I think he runs handguards too. Can you PM him? All I know is that he got the hand guard model and he liked them.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=429068&highlight=Vibranators
  13. Chipper

Chipper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks ricor, pm'ed him.
  14. HaChayalBoded

HaChayalBoded Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer:
    If you want to sell even more offer it up to the folks on the Kawasaki Concours forum. Half the bikes that came out of the factory had the buzziest handlebars in the industry. luckily mine wasn't made on a Friday afternoon.

Would this work on a concours? I'm running helibars on mine, I'm guessing its a 7\8th bar
  15. MTDewX8

MTDewX8 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    well I got new bars cause BMW ones dont work. but waiting for feed back. seat is shipped off so this owuld be the best time to be tinkering.

no money taken yet, but figured there waiting till they ship them.

any Idea's on shipment time frame?

:huh
  16. crawdad

crawdad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ricor, are the vibranators compatible with the Highwaydirtbikes handguards?
  17. TEZZA

TEZZA ADV B4 DEM/TED

Oddometer:
    Hi RicorSHX , are you still discounting the vibanator inserts and are they priced as a pair or is the price for 1 insert.Please PM me .:huh
    Tezza.
  18. robertaccio

robertaccio Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looks great with good engineering tech! Very good item.
  19. HaChayalBoded

HaChayalBoded Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer:
    something tells me they come in pairs.
  20. SonnyAZ

SonnyAZ DesertDweller

Oddometer:
    Do they work better than Bars filled with sand?