Post Pictures of your CT90 / CT110

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by error cooled, Jun 18, 2008.

1. heliyardsale

heliyardsale Always looking for Dirt!

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    One of my two, behind the Ossa next to the NX. If you look hard, there is a CT70H behind it, and another CT90 behind the lineup the 70 is in...
  2. Clint Taurus

Clint Taurus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good intel on the CT when/if I find one it will be strictly for play on the trails behind my house and the occasional beer run a mile away.
    A friend of mine has two pretty nice ones that he does not ride and are collecting dust in his store room He's a hoarder and I haven't managed to talk him out of them yet.
  3. MotoRandy123

MotoRandy123 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I finally picked one up. It's a 1968 K0 with a few parts missing. The forks are bent, motor's trash, no muffler or seat
    but I love it! I'm going to have fun fixing it up! I got it for $100...

[​IMG]
  4. tuna101

tuna101 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  5. PTC

PTC Turd polisher

Oddometer:
    i debated buying that one... from the craigslist photos it looked like they jumped it off a cliff! but for that price you cant lose. just be sure to scrutinize the frame and welds for cracks!:freaky

6. moparren

moparren Long timer

Oddometer:
  7. windburn

windburn Long timer

Oddometer:
    I bought it brought it back to life and service so I could play a bit, it puts a little life in me as well.

[​IMG]
  8. tuna101

tuna101 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Mike it doesn't look like it's April yet!!! See ya in Moab.
  9. advtenn

advtenn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here's my ct....(winter project, was in top shape until i cleaned the carb.):huh :baldy
    [​IMG]
  10. windburn

windburn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Less then three month until Moab, I'm really looking forward to the riding and fellowship.
    :clap
  11. cbreakin

cbreakin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here's mine, Grandpa bought it new in '68. This first pic was taken in the early 80s. Thats Grandpa and me

[​IMG]

I grew up with the bike in the family and learned to ride on it. My dad had it sitting for the last 15+ years. He recently gave it to me. I went through it, registered it (CA DMV refused to let me keep the black and yellow plate:baldy) fixed some issues and generally cleaned it up. Currently it runs great.

[​IMG]
    Czechsix likes this.
  12. tuna101

tuna101 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very sharp looking, Your gramps started you early I can see.
  13. windburn

windburn Long timer

Oddometer:
    It was a sunny day so I took my Honda Trail 90 for a ride in the countryside

[​IMG]
  14. Eoblah

Eoblah Young'un

Oddometer:
    These CT90s are damn near impossible to find in Canada, I've only been able to find the CT70s with the "T-Bone" frame like on the ST90s..
  15. Woodsrat

Woodsrat Gone ridin'

Oddometer:
    Roll your own. The early CT-200 Trail 90's frames will accept Honda 50/70 motors which means any of the current Chinese clone motors will go into them as well. Later OHC frames will accept these motors with some modifications or adapter kits from www.dratv.com. Another alternative is to build a pseudo-CT from something like a C50/C70 chassis.

eBay is your friend and like John Cash said about the Cadillac in his song you can "get it once piece at a time."

Obviously such a bike won't have the neat features of the original CT's like the high/low gearbox but in some ways you'll actually end up with a superior bike with things like more displacement, 12v. electrical system and a brand-new motor plus the pride of having built it yourself.
  16. Woodsrat

Woodsrat Gone ridin'

Oddometer:
    There ya go. An excellent example of what you can do with the stuff you can find for pocket change.

There are lots of old Hondas out there as well as Chinese bikes that can be used for parts for a build. Honda still stocks a lot of parts for the older bikes and what you can't get from them can be found on eBay. Craigslist is full of Chinese pit bikes and ATV's that can be cannibalized for parts, too.

I just brought my second step-through to life and already have plans for #3. They're as much fun to build as they are to ride.
  17. Eoblah

Eoblah Young'un

Oddometer:
    I just can't find any of those small Honda scoot frames with an ownership that's within 6 hours of my place.
  18. MotoRandy123

MotoRandy123 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well this guy's got a runner plus 3 parts bikes up here in NH. I almost bought these a short while ago for $700...

http://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/3627672374.html

Most of the cheap stuff is out in California but we get some occasionally. I found one of mine by putting a
    wanted ad on Craig's list. Try that it doesn't cost anything...
  19. Woodsrat

Woodsrat Gone ridin'

Oddometer:
    One sold here complete and original (maybe a one-owner?) that was used on a farm for $375. One of my riding buddies got it and is in the process of bringing it back to life. It was a Craigslist find.

Like MotoRandy123 said run an ad saying you're looking for Honda Trail 90/110's, Trail 55's, Honda Cubs, Chinese clones or whatever you think you might want to mess with. The results can be amazing.
  20. nofate

nofate what blackflies?

Oddometer:
    I found a '69 on Kijiji in December. It is in pretty bad shape and doesn't run. So far I've rebuilt the forks, done some painting, installed new brake and throttle cables, cleaned the carb, new fuel lines and filters. Next job is to do an engine top overhaul as it doesn't have any compression. Some mouse chewed wiring needs fixing too. It should be running pretty soon and I hope the clutch and transmission are OK.

I had one as a young teen and remember how much fun and durable they were. I can hardly wait drive this one. Winter has to go away first.

The day I picked it up.
    [​IMG]