Teiz Motorsports One Piece Riding Suits - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by TheNedster, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Fredfredburger

Fredfredburger CTRL ALT DEL

Oddometer:
    Any chance you will be putting some pictures or samples of the colors the suits are offered in on your website?

Thanks
  2. War Hammer

War Hammer Evil Monkey

Oddometer:
    +1 I would like to see some color swatches as well.

Jeez guys! Quit busting his balls. If you don't have confidence in his business or product, just don't buy it. That's the way it works in a market economy. All of you who are posting your "concerns" about the legitimacy of his business are just acting like a bunch of asshats! You pull crap like this and then you wonder why more people don't go into business provide reasonably priced gear. Well, you are your own answer.
  3. woot_in_NS

woot_in_NS Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This could be good! I own a one piece leather suit, and a few 2pc suits - but it'd be nice to have a larger 1pc suit for touring.

Any reviews yet?
  4. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
  5. Greenflyfarmer

Greenflyfarmer I'm better now.

Oddometer:
    For some reason I can't get your size chart to come up on my computer. Please advise, I'd wear this suit with slacks mostly, to work. I'm 5'8", 190 pounds. Inseam is 29'.
  6. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    The size chart is a PDF. You need to download Adobe Reader (free)
    Inseam sizes seem to be for shorter people.

7. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hello folks,
    Had a detailed phone conv with josh today and i asked him to email me the questions he asked so i could share the answers with all of you.

Ghazi,
    Thank you in advance for your time.
    I have several questions in regards to your suits and your www site:
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
    Is is possible to have color swatches and/or pictures of the different colors/color combinations made available for the two suit designs on the www site?
    Color swatches will be posted soon <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Do the suits account for riding position in the measurment charts provided on the site? Or are they sized like street clothes where I will need to add 1-2 inches to my leg or arm measurment so the suit doesn't ride up my my arms and legs? If they are sized for a riding position, is it a more aggressive crouched stance, or a more upright stance?
    I will be updating the chart with some details on how to use it. In summary, the measurements listed in the chart are those of the rider and not of the suit. Map you measurements to the correct size. We have taken the guess work out of sizing, as the suit is designed to fit in the riding position. So for example, size S lists the inseam as 30”. That means that the rider should have a max inseam of 30”, the suit itself is longer than 30” to accommodate how the pants rise in the riding position. <o:p></o:p>
    Have you considered having a pictoral reference on your www site indicating where you are taking the measurements on the body? That way users can more easily match your reference measurments and better determine their sizing.
    I can post this as well. I will update in the next few days <o:p></o:p>
    Is the suit designed so that there is a way to get cords for heated gear out with minimal water leakage potential?
    You can use the side entry pockets to take out cords for heated gear. <o:p></o:p>
    What are the recommended temperature ranges for your two different suits?
    Interesting question. I will post information about this soon as well. It is difficult to determine though as everyone has their own comfort levels when it comes to weather. <o:p></o:p>
    Does the interior liner have it's own zipper to minimize draft problems?
    The liner is attached to the suit via a zipper. <o:p></o:p>
    Thanks again!
    -Josh S.
  8. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    greenfly - size S would be fine for you. will be posting the chart in html format soon.
  9. mrpete64

mrpete64 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am sure that this product will be good for the $$$. If it is not...the internet will kill his business....along with your comments. I think it is only fair to give this person a chance to get his product out to the biking community and see how people like the product.
  10. MaxPower

MaxPower Strap yourself in and feel the Gs.

Oddometer:
    I posted this in an email to the company.

"I have been following the thread on ADVrider.com I have a quick size question. As a tall person I have a problem finding items that fit. what would you suggest 6'4" tall 35 inch inseam standing 36" waist 35 inch sleeve 29 inch neck to crotch 44" chest in a sport coat 220 pounds. Any ideas or plans.?"

Dose anyone else have problems finding clothing to fit taller athletic guys like myself?
  11. 2slow

2slow Road toad

Oddometer:
    At 6' 3", 200 pounds I have not found any one piece suit that comes close to fitting. I haven't seen the Rev'It Infiniti which lists tall sizes.

Most suits are huge in the waist, which is a nuisance but can be accommodated. What makes them unusable is that all are too short in the torso for me. I can put them on but can't sit on the bike. After years of looking I'm resigned to buying separate jackets and pants. At least some manufacturers have tall sizes.
  12. DakarBlues

DakarBlues One-everythinged man

Oddometer:
    I have the same problem, 6'3, 37" inseam, 35 sleeve, 46 chest, 180 lbs.
    I generally wear XXL even though my waist is 35.
    In terms of 1-piece suit, it has always been the cornelian choice of wedgie or squashed balls, sometime the two offered at the same time.
    Hope that Teizm will offer something against those equally unpleasant predicaments.
  13. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    folks,
    i have been receiving alot of requests for taller suits. till now, its bin something like this on average:

height 6'3
    chest 44
    waist 34-36
    inseam 34

please keep posting your size information, so if we need to add sizes then we do so based on a large pool of data. hopefully, if there is enough demand, we can add more sizes. we recently added a 4xl.

if you are tall and skinny, make some comments on this post:
    http://ghazifarooq.com/forums/index.php?topic=6.0
    this will help us keep your information in mind when we think about revising sizes.

thanks
  14. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
  15. NortwestRider

NortwestRider TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Oddometer:
    Is there any chance that you will be accepting PAYPAL in the near future.If you do it will help convince the people like myself that have been BURNED over the internet before to take a chance and buy your suit.ALSO is there a full on WATERPROOF suit on the way.I live in seattle and ride EVERYDAY rain,and SNOW .
  16. MillCreek

MillCreek ADV Risk Manager

Oddometer:
    Excuse the thread drift, but FYI, my Olympia Phantom suit keeps me warm and dry in our Seattle weather. If you ever see a rider in a neon-green Phantom on an Aprilia Scarabeo 500 or a Suzuki DR650SE, wave, because it will be me! I also point out that in our dark and dreary weather, the neon green really stands out.
  17. keiji

keiji Long timer

Oddometer:
    From an old e-mail I exchanged with him, the suit has a waterproof liner, but the main zipper isn't a waterproof zipper. From the pictures of the zipper arrangement, it looks like a stitch, and probably has the same potential for wet crotch, but otherwise keeps the rain out.

From my understanding of "waterproofing" garments, any zippered vent that is stitched into the fabric and allows air flow past the waterproof membrane has a chance to leak through the stitching. It is impossible to seal those stitches with traditional seam tape, so you aren't going to find a more expensive process like seam welding on a low cost jacket. You can seal those stitches with a liquid seam sealant, but no company is going to do it themselves because it is very time intensive.

Olympia AST's will leak at the vent-pockets for this reason, as well as the rear vents and the arm vents. I would imagine the phantom suffers the same fault.

At least the guy behind Teiz motorsports is honest about what his product can't do.
  18. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    folks, we are getting alottttt of emails and i try to post the ones with general questions that might address your concerns as well.

here is another long query that i want to share with you.

Hello, answers to your questions are below: <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    On the VENTED 1 piece suit are the VENTED areas waterproof??.<o:p></o:p>
    In short, Yes. The vents have waterproof zippers. See if this helps<o:p></o:p>
    http://ghazifarooq.com/forums/index.php?topic=11.0<o:p></o:p>
    Is the suit designed for wearing OVER clothes??.<o:p></o:p>
    Yes this is intended to be an over-suit. But people have their own preferences on usage. <o:p></o:p>
    Are all the colors available in the 4XL size??.<o:p></o:p>
    Colors available for 4XL – Black, Red, Blue, Dark Gray, Light Gray<o:p></o:p>
    Is the thermo liner removable??.<o:p></o:p>
    Yes, via a zipper<o:p></o:p>
    And last but not least..WHY SO CHEAP??.The talk in the LDR community is that the price reflects the quality!!.As you know the Aerostich is a GREAT suit but VERY $$$.I have been saving for a roadcrafter,BUT I just heard about your suit and the price is VERY,VERY good,If the quality is at the same level as the roadcrafter I'm ready to buy.<o:p></o:p>
    There are other products out there that are also priced lower than the Stich. Can we automatically assume that they are inferior products simply based on the price? There are several reasons why there is a price difference but the two main reasons are (a) operational costs and (b) brand. <o:p></o:p>
    Anyway, we are offering a phenomenal product for an amazing price. If our quality isn’t up to par, we won’t last very long because the customers in this segment are fanatical about their gear. So it is in our best interest to make sure the quality is extremely high and provides a lot of value. <o:p></o:p>
    I ride EVERYDAY of the year in Seattle.Today was snow and 32 degrees.ANY suit I buy HAS to be 100% waterproof ,WARM and VERY,VERY durable.<o:p></o:p>
    No suit will be 100% waterproof, despite that statement on the marketing material. The new Revit, costing $1300, perhaps might be due to the scuba zipper and so on, but I personally have not tested it. The Stich, as you can easily find by doing research on the internet, is definitely not 100% waterproof . We have tried very hard to make our suit waterproof yet affordable. There is a built in waterproof liner. The vents have waterproof zippers. Several pockets are waterproof. There are Velcro covers on most zippers. You can achieve further waterproofing by spending very little money (around $10) and buy a waterproofing spray or seam tapes. This is the method used by Stich users as well. In summary, this suit is comparable to the Stich in terms of waterproofing. <o:p></o:p>
    Here is our waterproof policy:<o:p></o:p>
    http://teizms.com/customer-service#answer2<o:p></o:p>
    I want you to buy the product knowing exactly what it is capable of instead of tricking you. If you look around, most motorcycle apparel advertised as 100% waterproof employs liners similar to our Drench Quench liner. <o:p></o:p>
    Here is a brief comparison to the Stich:<o:p></o:p>
    http://teizms.com/pdf/pricecomparo.pdf <o:p></o:p>
    I would really appreciate it if you could point me to the forums where you folks are discussing this suit. I would love to answer any other questions you or your fellow riders may have. Feel free to forward my response to any one else interested. <o:p></o:p>
    Thanks <o:p></o:p>
  19. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    I do accept Paypal on the teizms.com website. Is it not working for you? if you want, i can directly accept payment through paypal as well. Just email me the details of what you are interested in and we can discuss in detail how to ensure that you are completey satisfied with the transaction and ordering process.

What exactly do you mean by burned ?was your product never sent or was different from what you expected. ?
  20. MillCreek

MillCreek ADV Risk Manager

Oddometer:
    My Olympia gear does not leak at the vents, as long as I have the vents closed and the velcro cover secured over the zippers. I imagine that if I did ride in the rain with the vents open, I would get water intrusion through the vents. A friend of mine has a Roadcrafter suit, and after using it and my Phantom, feels that the Phantom is considerably more water-resistant than his Roadcrafter.