Minnesota North Shore Shindig

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by jwalters, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChipCutter

ChipCutter Machine the World

Oddometer:
    Alright, enough lurking. I am in. Won't be able to make it until early Friday morning, but will be there for the riding. Trying to round up a crew from the other side of northern Minnesota to come with, but I will be there either way.
  2. jwalters

jwalters Farkle Proliferator

Oddometer:
    Excellent! Bring a whole crew!

I know this threads been a little stale lately but the Shindig plans are alive and well. More details to come soon!
    -JW

3. bidda444

bidda444 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A friend of mine found the best source for local rentals was on Craigslist. He was able to find a place in Two Harbors easily, he said.

4. bidda444

bidda444 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Talked to Leroy this week and he's ready for dirt riders, having had just about all the snow grooming he could handle over the past months. Finland got another 8" this past week! :huh

5. Hueychief

Hueychief FNG

Oddometer:
    I'm in if my schedule has me home during those dates.
  6. FotoTEX

FotoTEX Long timer

Oddometer:
    North Shore Shindiggers- Are you planning on being in Grand Marais anytime during the NSS? If so, I may try to come up with some ICE COLD BEER and munchies for you riders. Hope to see some of you again this summer. We will be in site #64 for July & August. We will be in the Airstream with the Texas flag on the front. Hope to see y'all....
  7. jwalters

Oddometer:
    :clap Excellent!

PS. The offer still stands. You can borrow one of my bikes (XR650R perhaps) and come out riding with us!
  8. FotoTEX

FotoTEX Long timer

Oddometer:
    Jesse

Good to hear from you. Hope to get together some this summer. As far as lending me a bike, you guys who live on dirt would probably leave me in the dust, or should I say dirt. I am mainly a long distance paved road rider.

As for the COLD BEER and munchies, I would be glad to offer that if y'all are going to be in GM. Just let me know....

We will be in site 64 July6th thru August 26th.

I am planning a SW Colorado and Utah ride end of this month. Cannot wait.
  9. Jon B.

Jon B. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, the annual Paul Bunyan forest ride has been called off this year, so I guess I should plan on the NSS for my "weekend" ride. I think I've already scheduled those days as vacation, so why not?

Better get a camping site reserved; pickup camper and a flat trailer for the bike(s). I'll probably haul both the KLR and the DRZ, just in case.

Jon B.
  10. tommymerle

tommymerle advwanabee

Oddometer:
    Tex, you can ride back of the heard with me. I'm more interested in just putting along.
  11. FotoTEX

FotoTEX Long timer

Oddometer:
    WE have friends from Texas here that same time so I will have to enertain them. But the COLD BEER offer is still on. Maybe we can do a ride with JW after the NSS.??? Will be good to see everyone. 2 months till lift off from TX to MN. Yee-hawwww
  12. MikeS

MikeS You betcha! Vamos! Supporter

Oddometer:
    South of the Border on the Minnesota Riviera
    There's the Great Canadian Bagel Shop at the Inner City Mall in Thunder Bay. Pick up a baker's dozen of bagels, plus have a bagel sandwich and some good Canadian coffee. It's all blacktop, but you do need to have your passport. There's some other nice blacktop roads on the way back, plus Kek. falls and other things to see.
  13. jwalters

Oddometer:
    :thumb Glad you can make it! Yer on the list!
  14. Snomore

Snomore Northwoods Rider

Oddometer:
    Hey Jesse,

Looks like you're putting together another list of the usual suspects. Put me down for Friday, Saturday and maybe Sunday.

John
  15. jwalters

Oddometer:
    :thumb

16. EUnit

EUnit n00b

Oddometer:
    Another from the other side of northern MN, count me in. Hope to be there for Thursday GPS Tutorial.
  17. jwalters

Oddometer:
    Great! It will be nice to meet you. Our GPS tutorial will be very informal, but I'll be glad to help you get it going. Also, we are planning on having ole fashion paper maps as well!

What kind of bike do you ride? Are you new to the area, new to bikes or just new to ADVrider? Either way, glad you are onboard! And don't forget to give the Wildhurst campground a call with your reservation, no need to prepay, they just want a headcount.
    -JW

18. EUnit

EUnit n00b

Oddometer:
    Picked up a WR250X with knobbies a few months ago, street bikes before. So far only rode dirt roads but, as the weather warms, I'll be doing more forest roads and single track. Look forward to the new challenge!
  19. Ride-til-sore!

Ride-til-sore! still 20 in-my-mind

Oddometer:
    Well even though I'm the guy no body liked put me down as a strong "going to try and make it". Friday-Sunday. :1drink
  20. jwalters

Oddometer:
    Excellent!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.