The Yamaha TW200 Thread...

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by neepuk, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Warren

Warren Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very true, very true... :wink:
  2. roguesteelheader

roguesteelheader Thumperhumper

Oddometer:
    After I sold my Husky 610 TE I thought my riding days were over. Well my wife has been wanting to look at scooters and I just do not think they are that safe. Remember I have been riding for over 50 years and think you need to throw your leg over something not step in to it. Well she has bad arthritus in her hips thats why we sold her 650 V Strom. Anyway I have been wanting one of these little guys for awhile and so I showed her a photo of a TW and she loved it. With to low seat height she can get on one fine. Well I sarted looking and found 2 one is a 06 and one 07 both with under 600 miles. So we are headed over to central Oregon Thursday to pick them up. Then the fun begins. I am sure mine will get some goodys to make it run a little better. Sure glad I kept my riding gear. Anyway thats my story. I will be hangin around on here again.
    Pete:freaky
  3. mrgizmow

mrgizmow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Enjoyed your write-up as well, Thanks Warren.
    Gerry
  4. Warren

Warren Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome Pete!
  5. roguesteelheader

Oddometer:
    Thanks. We can't wait to get them home and serviced and checked over.
  6. City Man

City Man Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Some good information there <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Warren</st1:place></st1:City> – thank you for your write-up and taking the time to post it.
  7. Wheelie Nelson

Wheelie Nelson Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I figured I would add my pics to this thread.

2009 with a TurboCity rear rack, a Cortech Sport Tailbag, TTR225 stainless header, FMF pipe (the new one made for the TW200), a Jimbo shield, a white front fender, Fiamm HK9 horn, D2moto foot pegs, 14/45 gearing and an o-ring chain. I plan on getting a Clarke tank when it's out, and adding some new bars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. villageidiot

villageidiot Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    spent the better part of tuesday night on the bike. rode side streets from newport beach where i work, home to midway city, then up to LA to meet up with my moped club. traffic was horrible on the way up, but on the way back the ride was nice and smooth. its like mc donalds says. "i'm lovin it"
  9. D1EHARD

D1EHARD Got the Fever

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, just wanted to post up pics of my brother's TW. We put on a new front fender tonight and it turned out great. He went with an Acerbis supermoto front fender, blue/white, looks factory! We drilled in under the headlight and braced with some homemade brackets. Changes the whole look of the bike.

Here are pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are badass little bikes.
  10. roguesteelheader

Oddometer:
    That is just what I had in mind for the TW I am picking up tomorrow. Nice build.
    Pete
  11. roguesteelheader

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]The pair

[​IMG]the 06
    [
    [​IMG] the 07
  12. Wheelie Nelson

Wheelie Nelson Adventurer

Oddometer:
    great looking bikes!

06 and 07 are the best looking years of the TW, imo.
  13. roguesteelheader

Oddometer:
    Thanks I have been busy sorting out problems from sitting. But I am pleased at how they are starting to come around. The 07 is giving me some grief with a lean carb symptom with it needing lots of choke and rough idel. Any thoughts? I am thinking the carb needs cleaned out from sitting. I installed battery tenders on both yesterday after I had to replace a battery. They are a bit spendy!
    Now if the weather would co operate and quit raining and snowing I want to ride!
  14. Warren

Warren Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yea, probably a carb clean... Try some Seafoam first and see if that'll clear it up, probably about 1/3 can in a full tank or so...

Then if that doesn't do it you'll have to pull her apart.

Oh. also, turn the idle mixture screw out to about 2-2.5 turns - Makes a big difference... :evil
  15. Warren

Warren Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thought I'd show off the new Denali bags:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. eldavo

eldavo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They seem to be a cold blooded beast anyway, with a definite distinction between cold "I don't want to play" and operating temp "throw anything at me".
    Some people choose to have a richer idle circuit by adjusting out the pilot fuel screw a bit more, and like that they can start it without choke.
    My preference is use the choke for what it's there for, and have a better idle tune for operating temperature.
    Finger grip replacement pilot fuel screws are good so you can adjust it on the day in combination with your idle... if there's a little BMW rider in you ;)
    I've adjusted mine at one service, but just 1/8th richer than ideal at the time, and I stick to using the choke.
    I'd love to use some seafoam if we had it downunder, just one of those things you're keeping to yourselves :)
  17. Solomoriah

Solomoriah likes the back roads

Oddometer:
    Cold blooded... huh. Mine's not as cold-blooded as its owner. :D
  18. NC Dirt Rider

NC Dirt Rider n00b

Oddometer:
    Just curious as I know there are many of us on here that are members over on TWforums, anyone know why the site is down today?:dunno
  19. rm_hm

rm_hm Logging Road Cruiser

Oddometer:
    The other site just seems to do that every couple of weeks. Normally goes back up after half a day.
    Critical Error: Unknown Community Site

The Community Server site "tw200forum.com/tw200" was not found.
    Community Server supports multiple communities within a single database and each community must be setup and configured separately. If you have not configured any communities, you can do so using the 'New Community Server Site Wizard'. Please see the readme.txt file for more details.

I've been thinking about getting a powercore 4, Maybe with the optional silencer. Lord knows when the mythical clarke tanks will see the light of day. Remember the movie "money pit" where all the contractors keep telling Tom Hanks his home will be finished in "two weeks"?
    Anyway do any of you have some butt dyno reviews to share? :dunno

Or is this pipe it just another way to flush some cash.

The fmf site has great things to say about performance improvement, but in the past I have heard that the low end takes a hit, you'll have to rejet & ect ect.
  20. villageidiot

villageidiot Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    i bought mine last week, an 06 with 260 miles on it, it would hadlry run at idle until fully warmed up. i took the carb off, the bowl was clean, however the pilot jet was plugged almost solid. poked it out with a wire brush quill.

mine also seemed very lean while running, backpopping on decel, and just not seeming right. i drilled the main jet 3 drill sizes higher, tanking it to the equivelant of a 132 (yamaha dealer wanted 16 bucks for a jet, and it would have taken 2 weeks to get)

my results are a bike that fires up with no choke, and is instanlty ready to go.