Beemer Buddies handgrip covers group buy for BMW bikes (from Cure for Skinny Grips)

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by adkjack, Oct 14, 2011.

1. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    • Mr. BeachMoto- You are very welcome. glad they feel great!

• Mr. beeper- You're welcome. Here's hoping your new GS gets here quickly!

• Mr. Gumbeaux- You bring up a very good point: I live by three basic rules:
    1. Take care of the customer

2. Take care of the customer

3. Take care of the customer

Also, I'm sure you will find that plenty of heat comes through my OBB's to your hands.

• Captain Picard (I promoted you)- Happy to accommodate! I think you will find the OBB's are quite compatible with the Go-Cruise. From what I remember, the Go-Cruise will not even touch my neoprene grips. Looking forward to your report.

• Mr. Lakota- My pleasure! Glad they cure the skinny grip problem, and isn't it great that you still feel the heat through my OBB's?
    And, last , but not least. . . . .

• Mr. NavyDiveDoc- Glad you found installation easy and straightforward. Good luck on the roadtest-stay safe!
    Thanks all for the feedback. Means a lot to me, since main reason I make these is to help others be safe and comfortable. You can't imagine how much I enjoy helping other serious motorcyclists like myself!

Best,

Dave Reppert
    Founder
    Original Beemer Buddies
  2. MOBiWan

MOBiWan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Payment sent via Paypal.

Thanks
    Mike
  3. Gangplank

Gangplank Advenchaintourer

Oddometer:
    Got mine already. Thanks for the quick shipping.

Look good. Going to try them on and out as soon as I can ride again. Couple of weeks on a toe surgery. :-( but these do look like they will work just fine.
  4. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:
    I finally got around to sending funds via PayPal for one pair.
    Thanks.
  5. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    • Thanks. . . . .Happy to oblige (to Mr. Gangplank)

and,

• No worries. . . . . .Will be happy to ship out right away so you don't have to wait (to Mr. Droptarotter)
    Best,

Dave R.
  6. flashgman

flashgman n00b

Oddometer:
    Sent Pay-pal yesterday.

Thanks
  7. peterb

peterb Long Distance Adventurer

Oddometer:
    PM sent your way with order and payment info.
  8. Kainic

Kainic Almost there

Oddometer:
    Payment sent via paypal
  9. jfslater98

jfslater98 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  10. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    to jfslater98-

We are all set for keeping track of the participants in this Group Buy. PM sent explaining how it all works. Glad to have you aboard.

Dave R.
  11. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  12. Hucker

Hucker Lost

Oddometer:
    Got my two sets today!:clap

Between installing on my F8GS and the wife's Honda 250, I think I invested 3 minutes of time. Perfect fit on both. Great work AdkJack.
  13. sturgeon

sturgeon Long timer

Oddometer:
    2 sets arrived today. Look just fine, will install when it warms up a bit. It's -5C right now and I've got a 2-day ride planned for the weekend.:vardy
  14. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Received mine today! Thank you.. Will install this weekend. Thanks Rep :thumb
  15. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    To Gadgetboy, Sturgeon, and Cush-

You are very welcome. feels good to know that I can play a positive role in all of your riding comfort and safety. Also, it is kind of cool that these OBB's are easily and quickly installed at home, without needing to involve anyone else's help.

In the immortal words of Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith (George Peppard) of the A-team:

"I love it when a plan comes together"

Rep

P.S. I just noticed how many posts Gadget Boy has on this forum: 50,020 for pete's sake! That's gotta be some kind of a record. Congrats Gadget Boy!!!!!
  16. ghostryder

ghostryder Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Service.....top notch, sent PP within a few days package arrived at my house.
    Quality....again top notch, they seem well made and install in minutes.
    Comfort...just took a quick spin around the block with them on, and although seemed a little "weird" because of the thicker grip feel great. Also had the heated grips on low and felt the heat coming through so no worries there.
    I will hopefully have the time to put a few more miles on them this weekend to get a better "feel" for them but so far impressed with the product and the service.
  17. bmwroadsterca

bmwroadsterca Right2Repair

Oddometer:
    My two pair made it all the way to the Great White North but alas installation will await the Spring as there are few days of riding weather left. I am encouraged by all the positive reports however.

mike
  18. Timmer

Timmer Curious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I installed my new BB's today on my F650GS. I'm going to ride with them unglued for a bit to get a feel for the seam location. I really like the feel and my throttle rests (yes, one on each bar) fit over them just fine. It's a quality product.
  19. KCDakar

KCDakar What are we waiting for?

Oddometer:
    adkjack, I just sent you an Email...:D
  20. adkjack

adkjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ghostryder-

Thanks for the nice comments. Isn't it great when you realize that the OBB's actually concentrate the heat from your grips! Also, I think you will find out over time that the so-called "weird feeling" will be riding your bike (any bike) without OBB's in place. I've personally been using one set or another on various bikes for 8-9 years, and it's tough to feel comfortable on a bike without them.

bmwoadsterca-

There is no law against installing your OBB's over the winter and enjoying their feel in your garage over the winter. It''ll make them that much more enjoyable looking forward to how you'll use them in the spring if you let your self "anticipate".

Timmer-

Glad you like the OBB's. Remember though, we do not do any testing with or make recommendations to our customers that they use our grips with any kind of throttle locks etc. That's one of those deals that you experiment on your own, and have to take the resulting performance of your own application of our grips on your own shoulders.BTW, you can re-position your grips if you don't like where you put them the first time. The glue is plenty strong enough to handle re-positioning.

KCDakar-

Got your email, and your grips should be speeding your way later today, as I ship 7 days a week.

Keep the feedback coming guys.

All the best,

Dave R.