King of The Motos- Preview and Announcements

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Scotty Breauxman, Nov 27, 2012.

1. agmoto

agmoto Gôremā

Oddometer:
    Honestly, had I of seen this earlier I'd put together something to get out there. Unfortunately it's just not feasible this year. I realize that this is much closer than traveling to a foreign country, but it's just where life is at right now.

I'll be watching the live feed though that's for sure.

Andrew
  2. blt2rok

blt2rok Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If your worried about the distance go over to pirate4x4 and post up. There are a bunch if Crawler guys coming from all over who might have room to transport a bike and I'm sure would like a little help with fuel.
  3. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey man, totally off topic, but I'm riding buddies with your Cousin Andrew out in CO.

I'm in the same boat :cry

I'd love to do this race but just don't have the time/money this year to drive out there... excuses excuses I know. I hope the event sticks around for 2014 and I'm healthy when it comes about, I'll make time.
  4. J Lewis

J Lewis Numb Nuts

Oddometer:
    The Bivouac will be a reality and open to any riders who ride in to Hammertown and need a place to camp! Dave Cole loved the idea and will have a tent in the MOTO area for this.

There will be good spectator maps this year and as long as you can handle a little sand, there won't be any issues riding an ADV bike to some really good spots.

Hope to see a lot of ADV guys out there. And if you want to help, let me know as we are putting work teams together now.

JIMMY
  5. triumph406

triumph406 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Jimmy,

Who among the euros is coming to the event? I assume Graham Jarvis will be there, I wonder who else.
  6. 35xj

35xj Long timer

Oddometer:
    sweet, headed out fom NC on the 950 next friday morning!

should roll in sunday morning. ill stop by the adv camp on the way into "town"

for anybody who hasnt been out o the race, its a nutty week of good times, with a little racing thrown in. Worth hanging out for the week to see the big race on friday!
    this will be the first year that im not directly responsible for a race car, pretty excited about just hanging out and watching it all this year!
  7. Chuck Roll

Chuck Roll Allergic to Organic

Oddometer:
    Will be an awesome trip , may you ride safe :deal
  8. San Felipe Bob

San Felipe Bob n00b

Oddometer:
    I'll be there assisting....
  9. Konflict Motorsports

Konflict Motorsports TUNER

Oddometer:
    Tork are you heading down?
  10. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    next year, god willing and the creeks dont rise. Will need a team though, by the looks of that billy goat path.
  11. Chuck Roll

Chuck Roll Allergic to Organic

Oddometer:
    No, just a fan of the race . Have a neighbor you is pitting for one of the
    trucks .
  12. CramerTV

CramerTV Still eating dust

Oddometer:
    Is there a list of competitors?
  13. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite

:ear
  14. 35xj

35xj Long timer

Oddometer:
    any idea where the ADV camp will be? ill be riding in from NC sunday morning. Be fun to have a beer with you guys!
  15. garridan

garridan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We are just 2 weeks away from the start of the King of the Motos. If anyone is in need of a Voyager GPS unit for the event, give us a call. We can get you setup before the event.

We will have a team down in Johnson Valley to answer any questions, training and trouble shooting.

[​IMG]

Garridan
    Trail Tech
    360-687-4530
  16. RobertoGatos

RobertoGatos Go-Go-GatosBros!

Oddometer:
    Just posted a ride report from JV here.
  17. J Lewis

J Lewis Numb Nuts

Oddometer:
    There will be a tent set up (in the area that was the MOTO rider's tech inspection) for the rider's who are riding in. You have to pay the regular Hammertown entrance fee but you can camp here with other hard core riders who don't need a big stinking motorhome like I do. I will try to make it as much like a Dakar Bivouac as possible!?!

I'm sure this spot will turn into an ADV hangout like no other.

Remember King Of The Hammers/MOTOS is a Burning Man for the gear head. You have never seen anything like this before.

Hope to see a lot of you out there.

JIMMY
  18. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    No doubt it'll be great show! Hopefully so good 2014 will be even more awesome. :deal Its probably better I dont see it before trying it :lol3
  19. DevildogLt

DevildogLt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I know I am part of the "evil establishment" that is trying to suck up Johnson Valley but I live within 45 minutes of this race on base so if anyone is coming from out of town and forgot something or need something mailed let me know and you can have it sent here. I hope to be able to ride out the morning of the KOM and watch some of the race before my Ravens play that day.

Semper Fi!

DevildogLt
  20. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    Save the Hammers!

If you ever have any aspirations of spectating or competing in KOM you need to sign this petition. Basically the Marines want to expand the 29 Palms base to include JV and thus shutting it down for OHV use. Even if you never plan on going to JV sign the petition, it'll take five minutes of your life tops and all you need to provide is an email addy and your zip code.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...ms-marine-base-expansion-keep-public/5r0C7Xw4