The Best Cooler Made For Motorcycling

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Stonewall, Jul 30, 2007.

1. azgsa

azgsa Dude

Oddometer:
    i contacted PB and asked. They said the silver and the mossy oak 12 packs have the rings/buckles/whatever. i also sent pics of the BMW GS Adventure bags and explained there are a bunch of bikes and manufacturers of bags that have similar attachment points for strapping stuff to them and if a cooler with velcro attachment straps could be had they would be a hot item. Something like the RKA pannier top bags only a cooler. He responded positively to the suggestion, we'll see.

Thanks for the response, i'll get a silver 12 and try it.
  2. HaChayalBoded

HaChayalBoded Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer:
    If they are gonna modify or make new stuff anyway then they REALLY should change the zipper side strap parts. Doesn't seem to serve a purpose and makes it prone to leaking.
  3. azgsa

azgsa Dude

Oddometer:
    Turns out only the silver and mossy oak colors of the '12 pack' model have 2 D-ring attachment points on bottom of each side. I ordered one and a couple of 18" X 1.5" Velcro straps from a different source to attach it. Perfect fit!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Will hold 2 1.75l mojito bottles with ice!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. VFR

VFR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good!! I was looking at my silver one when I posted that. No clue that the other colors didn't have it. I have a red one also but it is still in the box....

You will really like that cooler.
  5. PhotoBiker

PhotoBiker Please insert title here

Oddometer:
    Anyone get the Thermometer?

I just got the Thermometer for Father's Day. I was expecting something that would fit in the plastic FOB thing that is hanging off the zipper of my 12 Pack Cooler, what I got was an Indoor/Outdoor thermometer that is pretty large. Its not going to be hanging off the bag.

Do they still make the Thermometer that fits in the plastic FOB thing?
  6. JDLuke

JDLuke Ravening for delight

Oddometer:
    When I got my 12 pack cooler, I bought blue because I like blue. I had no idea that ordering a different color could get me those attachment points at the bottom. Damn.
  7. Artful

Artful Mid-life crisis time

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Thrift shop special - Less than $9 including run to ACE for bolts and washers. :1drink
  8. hyperboarder

hyperboarder Potato Farmer

Oddometer:
    FYI for those looking, the green 12 pack versions are $32 shipped from ebags and buy.com through eBay. Seems to be just a bit worse than the 2 for 1 deal price but you don't have to wait for 10 months. Also it sounds like no tie down points on the bottom, but I'll make due.
  9. fatpony

fatpony Dixiecrat Supporter

Oddometer:
    Polar Bear is having their "2 for 1" sale now thru the end of the year. I screwed-up my order, then e-mailed them telling them about my screw-up, and they QUICKLY made things RIGHT, in spite of it being a holiday weekend. I have found them to be a fine company with a fine product. If you're thinking of buying the BEST travel cooler, Polar Bear is the best. Mike
  10. Deerhead

Deerhead Be Safe Out There!

Oddometer:
    Please send me the link to the 2 for 1 sale.
    Ride Safe,
    Robert
  11. Cromoth

Cromoth fan of the magic carpet ride

Oddometer:
    code 1999
    http://www.polarbearcoolers.com/
    They even have Medical coolers if you're carying a beverage for medicinal purposes.:lol3

ps if you ever need the code, just ask them; they're that nice
  12. Deerhead

Deerhead Be Safe Out There!

Oddometer:
    Are these coolers collapsible. ie will the collapse enough to put on a tail rack and then put your camping gear on top? How thick are they collapsed? the 12 can size.
  13. fatpony

fatpony Dixiecrat Supporter

Oddometer:
    When they are shipped to you, they are flattened out with the instructions to put hot water in them to soften, and then square them up by hand. I didn't , they look squared up enough for me, and I store them flattened out and mashed together in a big Rubbermaid box. The 12 pak is flattened to about 5" thick at the thickest (the bottom). It can easily be squished down about 1-11/2 inches more, any more than that it might not bounce back. Mike
  14. RogerWilco

RogerWilco Been here awhile

Oddometer:

You just cost me about $200.00, but I now have several Christmas presents covered, plus a couple of coolers for me!!:clap:beer
  15. raebear

raebear Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mine attached and ready for an iron butt SS ride. It also came with an attached opener- how thoughtful :1drink
    They really do make a nice cooler.

[​IMG]
  16. ADVBMR

ADVBMR Polygamotorcyclist

Oddometer:
    I've had mine for several years now and am totally sold on them. I bought two different sizes and one fits perfectly in my Jesse, the other can strap on top for longer trips. They keep things cold better than any other product. After several years of use I'm starting to worry about the zippers. That's my only criticism, but if they blow out I'll gladly order a new one!
  17. /dev/null

/dev/null Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is that the 12-pack or 24-pack?
  18. raebear

raebear Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thats a 24
  19. renogeorge

renogeorge Let's ride!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    There was talk a while back about a discount code. Anyone know anything? Deals on these??

Thanks
  20. VFR

VFR Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Geoff has a 2 for 1 sale a couple of times a year. Those are a great time to pick up a cooler or an extra one.

If you buy two of the same size, one is free; if you buy two different sizes, the lower priced one is free.

Believe me, the cooler is a bargain at full price--it is a GREAT deal at half price. :clap