Yamaha TDM Riders

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by BuellDualSport, Sep 28, 2005.

1. nav18tor

nav18tor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Before I ebay it, does anybody here need a Givi pannier rack for a TDM900

Also have a pair of Givi E21 cases

PM me
  2. dnajoy

dnajoy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Another tyre qestion!!
    Hi
    Looking for dual sport tyres for TDM 900.

Found 2 alternatives:
    Avon Distanzia + Pirelli Scorpion MT90A/T.

In both cases rear tyres perfect fit but fronts (as always) come in either
    120/80/18 or 110/80/18 - origional 120/70/18.

Any experiences please:
    Will both or either size fit and which size is best??
    Any experiences of either tyre?

Trails will be in the dry (unless caught out )

Many thanks for any info
  3. ban

ban Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am very happy with a 110/80/18 Distanzia Rear Tire (running backwards) on the front of my 1992 TDM850.

The original on the 850 is a 110/80/18 so it was not much of a change from the original.
  4. Hank.SD

Hank.SD Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anyone got an good used rack of 92/93 TDM carbs they could sell me?

I'm still struggling with a cold miss and low throttle setting stumble. I'd like to try a carb swap.
  5. jgritts

jgritts n00b

Oddometer:
    I've been using a Kenda K761 110/80-18 tubeless ran backwards. Works Great!
  6. ban

ban Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That is good to know the Kenda K761 110/80-18 are tubeless. I have not tried them because I thought they were tube type.

On motorcycle-superstore's web page the item description indicated tube type for Kenda K761 110/80-18.

On bikebandit's web page the description indicate tubeless for Kenda K761 110/80-18.
  7. aeldk5g

aeldk5g Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Regarding tire choices,

I'm considering the Pirelli Scorpion Trail for my 93 3VD. The back tire is available in the correct 150/70-17 size, but the available front tire is 100/90-18 rather than the stock 110/80-18.

The 110/80 to 100/90 has a minimal differences, but has anyone tried this size on the front? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
  8. TheMask

TheMask n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi guys,

What is the best solution you recommend to protect TDM hulls from crash?
  9. Cavaleru

Cavaleru Adventurer

Oddometer:
    keeping the bike vertical. :p

some big hand made crashbars...
  10. Harvey Krumpet

Harvey Krumpet Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    On the Carpe TDM forum a merckan is trying to get a group buy together for a manufacturer to produce a batch of Mk I / Mk II engine bars. Possibly Renntec. Have a squiz, I think they only need 12 to make the run.
    Prolly cheaper than one offs.

I'm in the same boat, I've started motogymkhana & already dropped the little bike..... Oh, good panniers absorb a drop well. Were's the facepalm icon?
  11. TheMask

TheMask n00b

Oddometer:
    :fpalm
    You're right Harvey. :)) I actually saw a photo of a TDM that have side cases in front, under the hulls. That's a brilliant idea for protection especially when going off road.
    Anyway, thanks for your answer.
  12. AdvRich

AdvRich Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do you have a link to that thread?
  13. Harvey Krumpet

Oddometer:
  14. AdvRich

AdvRich Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ta HK!
  15. bumbadeeda

bumbadeeda Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm RatHawk over on Carpe-TDM. Yes the Crashbars (part number REN10062B) were discontinued but I convinced Hannah over at Renntec to resurrect them if we got enough interest! She's said OK but All interested party's have to either Message me with a real name and email address I can forward to Renntec or better yet just send a message to Hannah via renntec's website asking her where to send your money! She'll be better than me at handling the transactions. Either way, the time is NOW if you want crashbars for your poor old TDM850! I'm In!
  16. bumbadeeda

bumbadeeda Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here's the latest communique to Renntec about our crashbars:

Hannah,

I messaged all the interested parties at both Carpe-TDM and ADVrider forums and am receiving many responses already. So far it looks like 10-12 individuals are ready to open their wallets for you. I’m compiling a list of names and email addresses from the forums… I’d like to offer an update on how best to execute this purchase to all interested parties as soon as we can work it out.

Getting some questions already from buyers wondering who to give their money to. I think the easiest for all of us, myself and maybe Renntec as well, would be for your web gurus to reinstate the part number for online purchase, or offer the part in your clearance or special offers pages? This way we could each individually go to the website and execute a transaction, supply shipping and credit card details, etc. I could try to handle the transactions for US buyers and offer a bulk shipping option but it seems like the interest is split between US, UK, and Australia. It will definitely be more routine if the transactions can be handled via regular channels through your company. That way you can keep track of the sales and the clients? And that way if I forget to cross a ‘T’ or dot an ‘I’ it won’t reflect poorly on Renntec, last thing I’d want to happen!

Please let me know how best to proceed with this request for manufacture. The excitement amongst our relatively small group of TDM riders is high right now! Thanks for going to bat for us!!!

Warm regards,
    Alan Shepherd
  17. Harvey Krumpet

Oddometer:
    Sheesh, more aliases than an ex German prison guard.:rofl

Messaged you on Carpe, cheers for getting in touch.
  18. Backonthebike

Backonthebike Giddy up

Oddometer:
    I currently have Givi crashbars on my 900, but I congratulate bumbadeena on his initiative to help out our 850 brothers and sisters.
    It's the type of thing that these forums do so well (in the right hands).
    Well done mate.
    Cheers
    Tim
    [​IMG]
  19. gateman

gateman Long timer

Oddometer:
    How many K's on there Tim?
  20. bumbadeeda

bumbadeeda Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the preeshiation Tim, I just want some bash guards.

I wasn't really looking forward to bending up a pair myself so I dragged all you folks into this.

Everyone who's an innerested BUYER please do this:

Email Hannah at: [COLOR="red"]info@renntec.co.uk[/COLOR]! Paste this character string into your email subject: Carpe-tdm.net REN10062B: Yamaha TDM850 engine bars
    if you cc me at: [COLOR="red"]alan@shepherd.com[/COLOR] I'll have a decent idea what she's got for confirmed buyers and we can go from there!

So far i've recieved several cc's but we are a ways off still from the 10 confirmed customers she needs to start the pipebenders bending. So please take a sec to send an email and get in on this.

THANKS TDM Riders!
    :clap