Amendment 64

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Mike D, Oct 26, 2012.

?

Amendment 64: The Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act of 2012

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    Dumb question. Neither of those substances are schedule 1.

If you want to change the penalty, you need to change the law.
  2. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    well you could certainly attribute failing a job interview to being dosed with ex lax as easily as you could being dosed with weed. :D
  3. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    I'm not saying other drugs aren't criminal, they just aren't *as* criminal. Any kind of unknowing dosing with an OTC drug is probably a felony.
  4. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm just trying to make a joke about someone shitting themselves :D
  5. Myfuture_yourdebt

Myfuture_yourdebt Banned

Oddometer:
    I wasn't asking about which ones were Schedule I or not, I was hoping to get opinions about how much harm is actually done in any case. My point was that if caffeine or Ex-lax had been put into the brownies, the freak-outs would have all been pretty bad with the right doses...but would people here on ADVRider still be calling for the perps to go to prison? Admittedly my original question wasn't frame quite that way, but I explained my intent above.
  6. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    It's still intentional poisoning and a gross violation of someone's right to health. Yeah, I'd argue for a felony charge.
  7. rob feature

rob feature pull my finger

Oddometer:

TITLE 18. CRIMINAL CODE
    ARTICLE 3. OFFENSES AGAINST THE PERSON
    PART 2. ASSAULTS - C.R.S. 18-3-203 (2012)

A person commits the crime of assault in the second degree if...For a purpose other than lawful medical or therapeutic treatment, he intentionally causes stupor, unconsciousness, or other physical or mental impairment or injury to another person by administering to him, without his consent, a drug, substance, or preparation capable of producing the intended harm.

I'd say yes - caffeine and ex-lax both fit the bill. And unless you knew someone very intimately (like their reactions to said concoction), you could be setting them up for a very bad time. There are people who can't handle caffeine. There are also folks with gastrointestinal issues.

I think the take-away point from this is - don't fuck with people on that level.
  8. Merfman

Merfman Cape truster... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Gonna side with Hell here.. only *I* should choose what I ingest. Or not. Aside from the dangers of allergic reaction these days, it's just plain bad juju to dose someone using anything IMHO.
  9. unaweep

unaweep Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer:

Yep. Unless you were a really close friend, I'd be pushing for criminal charges. If you were a really close friend, you wouldn't be after that. As Rob mentioned, people's health issue can make for some very bad consequences with the unknowing administration of any kind of unknown substance.

A betrayal of the most basic trust- the offer/acceptance of a food or beverage, is difficult to fathom. :norton
  10. Myfuture_yourdebt

Myfuture_yourdebt Banned

Oddometer:
    Anyone else planning on growing (within the limits of the law, of course)...?
  11. LarryGS

LarryGS Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    We have a friend, who is a professional indoor grower, manage some of his outdoor crop on our property. With 3 MMJ card holders, we had a total of 18 plants. They did really well until rabbits started gnawing on the stems. We put some fencing around the survivors and he had quite the yield. Huge plants. He gifted some of the crop - it seemed okay, though not great. It didn't hold a candle to the indoor stuff.
    Once our son became conscious of the proliferation of MMJ in Boulder - stores and newspapers - we discontinued growing. He never noticed the plants in our yard though. We have an acre and it was well hidden.
    Our house is way too small to grow indoors.