Not dead yet - The video Series

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Oisin, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elkgrichard

elkgrichard Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did a little research. Found out that the landscape around Little Big Horn was much different at the time of that battle, many more large trees and very tall native grass that would grow up to 3 feet tall. The grass you see now is what blew in from the settlers planting for grazing grass. Also Custer was under strict engagement rules to not attack the Indians but only let his presence known in hope that they would head toward the designated reservation. They also found the camp spot those troops camped in the night before and they keep finding empty whiskey bottles all over the place. Those guys were known to be very heavy drinkers. That also may have had something to do with how that thing went down. Sounds funny but the Army was full of drunks back then.

Having served myself I was always amazed that a fifth of some type would always show up at the time you really needed something like that.
  2. grahamspc

grahamspc Smitty

Oddometer:
    That's probably it...the unknown vs the known and familiar...like them all but keep going back to Mongolia/east Russia episodes.Keep 'em coming.
  3. Beelzabob

Beelzabob Ah man, I think the clock is slow.

Oddometer:
    Hey Oisin,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Just wanted to say thanks for reminding me what my grandfather used to tell me about joy. He used to tell me if I really wanted to understand the true meaning of enjoyment, you have to be "IN" the moment. So rather than spelling enjoy an "E", spell it with in "I" and you'll understand. Your ability to communicate your experiences truly captures the “IN” and why your series has become mesmerizing for me. Thank you!<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Question for you though. I’ve watched all your vids now and I’ve notice very little night time adventures. What’s your camp set up like? Have nightly fires? Any critters scurrying in the night? Meal situation? Just curios.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Thanks for sharing you adv brother. Ride safe!<o:p></o:p>

B<o:p></o:p>
  4. elkgrichard

Oddometer:
    I want to know more about them hot looking Russian chics? So far the best looking women on tape were them gals in Russia. So how friendly were them gals? I'm sure they want out of that shit hole.

These American chics piss me off to no end, I'm thinking about a Russian one.
  5. Banksbird

Banksbird Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :rofl. I'll be using that
  6. WeazyBuddha

WeazyBuddha Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer:
  7. rgiroux

rgiroux Invisible Man

Oddometer:
    perfect sig line! :lol3
  8. rgiroux

rgiroux Invisible Man

Oddometer:
    I can only guess at how much effort goes into these reports. I've typed up a couple after the fact, based on the pics i've taken. then, while doing that, realize that i only took pics of about 1/2% of everything. and, that is just on the everything that I thought worthwhile. I've taken my gopro on a lot of trips and come back with no video. most times, i will just whip out the iPhone and shoot video one handed while riding.

all of this to just say you must have put a hell of a lot of time and effort into the books, the pics and the youtube videos (which are just incredible!), and you will never really know how much we all appreciate it.

come to socal sometime and i will try and pay it back with free booze! :freaky
  9. rgiroux

rgiroux Invisible Man

Oddometer:
    W T F!!!!???

That is seriously cold!!!

:lol3
  10. rgiroux

rgiroux Invisible Man

Oddometer:
    :lol3

I just dont like the withdrawals. six months is a loooong time! might have to just go out riding meself! :freaky

Seriously, the amount of time and effort you've put into these vidoes, RR, books, etc. are very much appreciated.
  11. BeemerBT

BeemerBT Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Whatever that project is, if it doesn't involve writing, production or editing, it is one serious waste of talent!

You, sir, have done a masterful job of putting this together, and is much appreciated!

Be well.
  12. nick949eldo

nick949eldo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oisin,
    Many thanks for sharing your travels and thoughts. Anyone who has ever tried to do a little filming and editing (no matter how amateurish the result), knows what a massive amount of work you have done and how skillfully you have done it.

Hats off to you.

Nick
  13. MeinMotorrad

MeinMotorrad Long timer

Oddometer:
    So it's over. What am I going to watch now? It's been better than anything on tv.

Maybe you're planning a Christmas special:ear Then there's the out takes show too.

I took a look at some of your earlier trips but the video was showing up as private. Any chance of resurrecting them for all us new fans?

Thanks for this thread :D
  14. willys

willys Long timer

Oddometer:
    Absolutely excellent my friend!

I can't thank you enough for all of your effort and expertise on making these videos. They were as many have said already awe inspiring!!

I am sad it's over as I could keep watching your adventures for as long as you keep making them.

You seriously need to offer them up to a documentary channel and allow them to make a series from them. They are top shelf! There has been nothing that equals them imho on the TV IMHO....even the Long Way Round series aren't as well done as your's are.

Again, thanks.....6 months is far too long for my weekly fix......Damn!:cry

Well done......:freaky
  15. Spaggy

Spaggy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Inspiring.
  16. grahamspc

grahamspc Smitty

Oddometer:
    VERY!!!:clap
  17. rgiroux

rgiroux Invisible Man

Oddometer:
    I've followed a lot of great ride reports on ADV. None have resonated with me as much as yours. Thank you.
  18. elkgrichard

Oddometer:
    great job, thanks and sorry about your mother. Lost my mom in 2009, still hurts.
  19. elkgrichard

Oddometer:
    All those bikes belong to you in that house? So you store the bikes like that....you are one very interesting guy. I'm sure you will need to get back to work just to cover the cost of storing all that investment which turn into a museum of sorts. KEWL. With the books and video all that will be worth something in the future to a collector or end up in some motorcycle museum with your story. I must say, I've own a few bikes that I'd love to touch, run my hands over, if they could talk they could tell a story. All gone to the history stuck in my head, easy to forget as if it all happen in some other life. Dust to dust, ashes to ashes, to this end we part taking it all with us, but the way you do this you are leaving something for the future for others to enjoy. Something others can touch, part of you. Those machines are you and will always be you. Your DNA all over them tools.
  20. TOTim

TOTim Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks again Oisin. Great finish.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.