Husqvarna TE310 Owner's Thread Sign In

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by khale, Jan 15, 2013.

1. 45LC

45LC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just picked up a leftover 2012 TE310 for a song from my local dealer.
    New in crate, power-up kit installed.

40th b-day present to myself. Wifes only comment when I brought it home was "I thought all your bikes were orange?".:evil

Swapped that tiny 40T out for a 48T & gold chain, added a skid plate and a small luggage rack.

So far bike is perfect for trails and qucik blasts around town.

Building a whole seperate supermoto setup including gears and chain so I swap from dirt to street with just wheels & chain. 17" Excel wheels laced to Husky 510 SMR hubs should be here this week.

Hope to see some of you guys at the Desert 100 in Odessa next weekend!
  2. BillDRZ

BillDRZ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :lol3Wow! Totally different machine the bike went from a chimp to a gorrilla! Power up complete; velocity stack opened, txc intake cage installed, cat removed and reflash. She easily pulls up front in 4th, no clutch needed. Stalling gone, fun factor x10!
    Fyi had dealer remove oil hose fitting on oil pan (because I stripped it) there is no screeen there to be cleaned on my bike. Husky also suggested removal of spark arrester for power up but put it back in so I would be state land compliant.
  3. JRE

JRE Yo

Oddometer:
    I picked up my '11 310 this past weekend. Has all the nice mods done to it. Got the title/plate done today, can't wait to get it out on some trails!
  4. BaronVonDarrin

BaronVonDarrin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Philadelphia, and at times Western Maryland
    were there significant changes to the 310 in 2013 here?
  5. Blakebird

Blakebird r - u - n - n - o - f - t

Oddometer:
    yes, it got the red head motor that the '12 TXC 310 got.
  6. LaurenL

LaurenL Was "tmlee"

Oddometer:
    I just did the first oil change on my new 2013 TE310R and there -is- a finger strainer in the oil pan behind the sump hose fitting. I didn't think it was in there, but a little probing with the short end of an allen wrench (metric, of course :lol3) and it popped right out.

It's cylindrical in shape, the diameter of the hole, and about 2" long. There was a little crud stuck to it so I am glad I pulled it. I washed it clean with a few squirts of brake cleaner.

The magnetic oil drain sump plug just had a very small amount of black on it.
  7. MasterChief

MasterChief Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I rode my xt225 over to my local Husky dealer to get a new taillight for my 610 and saw that they had a 310 for $2000 less than when I looked at it a couple of months ago.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    I left my 225 there and rode the 310 home.<o:p></o:p>
    The suspension is very stiff, so hopefully it will loosen up. I also want to get a better and lower seat.<o:p></o:p>
    The speedo is also set up for kph. I thought I’d be able to change it, but the owner’s manual says the dealer has to do it.<o:p></o:p>

[​IMG]
  8. LaurenL

LaurenL Was "tmlee"

Oddometer:
    Nah, you can change it yourself. I found this procedure elsewhere on the net and it worked for me. The TE310R does not have an ignition key, so just start the bike at the key-on step. You do need 3 hands though!

1) Set the display so it is showing ODO mode (not clock, revs, laptimer etc)
    2) Turn off the ignition at the key so the whole electrics are dead
    3) Push and hold the button on the dash unit (the one that changes the mode)
    4) Turn on the ignition at the key and watch the display
    5) After a few seconds the speed mode it's in will appear, nothing else will show on the display, just the speed units. Release the button when it appears
    6) Wait a little and the display will start to flick between kmh and mph
    7) Press the button when it's showing what you want
  9. murdock84

murdock84 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been looking for this thread. Went to a dealer to check out the TE449 and also the TE310. Trying to find some info to compare it to the DRZ400S I had a year or so ago. Now I just need to talk the wife into it!
  10. MasterChief

MasterChief Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Jumped out the clutch switch , so I only needed two hands, but still could not get this to work.

I'll have to run it back to the dealer and let them mess with it.

I did my first oil change today. what a pita.

My first real ride on some single track will be on Sunday. I'll let you know how it goes.
  11. grayscale1

grayscale1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey there, new (to me) 2012 TE310 owner here and have a question.

The bash plate on the machine seems to be plastic. Is it acceptable to lift the bike via the bash plate or will it break? How do you guys lift for tire changes, service, etc?

Thanks
  12. PK

PK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, you can lift the bike with the bash plate in place.

Yes, it is some kind of plastic. Which means it is very light, But can crack. Beefier plates are available if you spend a lot of time landing on logs and big rocks, although mine has mostly survived some enthusiastic landings.
  13. grayscale1

grayscale1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thx, no plans for big rocks or logs right away but probably better to plan for that in the future. The way they have the evap cannister sticking out is definitely an accident waiting to happen though. I wonder if you can remove it and still have the thing run right without alot of dicking around.
  14. Dirt Virgin

Dirt Virgin n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello all
    New here. Just bought a new TE 310. Hoping to get information from those in the community. I removed the evap can and hoses before my first ride. Put a cap screw in the intake manifold where the hose used to go. I think I should have removed the check valve from the hose coming from the gas cap. I stalled out in the woods and it seemed like it may have been vapor locked. Let it cool down and rode it home. Anyone else with the same situation?
  15. LaurenL

LaurenL Was "tmlee"

Oddometer:
    Yes - twice I have had the bike not want to restart after riding a while then shutting it down to take a break, probably vapor-locked due to heat? First time I killed the battery trying to get it restarted, the second time when it was obvious that it wouldn't start, I waited a bit then kick started it. (to save the battery for possible later start attempts)

I have only been able to do the one ride so far as the engine was running so poorly that the bike is now back at the dealer for repairs. It has been there for 2 weeks with no resolution in sight.
  16. Dirt Virgin

Dirt Virgin n00b

Oddometer:
    I am going to speak with the dealer today and try to get a few questions answered. Hope it goes well. I'll let you know.
  17. GXP_Matt

GXP_Matt n00b

Oddometer:
    New 2011 TE310 owner here. It's my first bike, planning on getting comfortable with the bike and then converting to a SM setup and keeping the dirt wheels for the occasional off-road romp. I live in the mountains so there are a lot of twisties to ride, don't ever need to get on an interstate. Here's a pic from a ride last week, what a blast!

[​IMG]
  18. Dirt Virgin

Dirt Virgin n00b

Oddometer:
    OK kids here goes. You all seem to know more than the dealer. Followed your instruction and got the speedo to read in miles per hour. Having the dealer look into any recall issues. Now I'm trying to get my hands on the factory service manual. I decided to remove the check valve on the gas cap hose because it is part of the evap system and I think it may have had led to the vapor lock condition that I had. Thank you all for your help.
  19. Smitkev2

Smitkev2 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey all,
    Thinking about buying one, in your opinion is this motor ready to run all day for 2 weeks straight. I'm looking for a CDT bike. I have a vstrom for nice comfy rides, but really want a trail bike. I don't have any experience with Husky, I just don't want to find out the motor needs rebuilding every 100 hours like I've heard some race bikes need.

Anyone have any experience between this bike and the WRR250?
  20. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you can find a 2009/2010 the answer is yes. It was a less racey engine than the current x-lites.