Pirelli Scorpion Rally now in 150/70-17

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by The Griz, May 8, 2011.

1. biodieselandon

biodieselandon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How do you like your Stelvio? My dad has a Norge and he really wants the Stelvio NTX. Come to think of it he wants every Guzz and so do I :D
  2. Snowy

Snowy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Been through a few E09's.

On the F800 they go about 6000kms. Work well off road, and would be my choice for pure firetrail work.

The Rally has far better on road grip and wet grip. So it's a compromise as always.

But I am liking the Rally so far.
  3. OFA

OFA Adventure Obsession

Oddometer:
    Wow, lots to read here but how does the new size 150/70-17 Scorpion Rally tire fair? Anyone else have a test completed?
  4. Snowy

Snowy Long timer

Oddometer:
    My Scorpion Rallye is approaching replacement. It's practically useless in gravel now. About half tread depth.

Basically it's done around 3000kms of mainly firetrails, about 20% twisty asphalt in the mountains.

I kept the pressures at max, because it is running max load with pillion and paniers.

The Scorpion Rallye front is barely wearing. Grips ok. Understeers every where.
  5. James Adams

James Adams wut

Oddometer:
    I love it. It's a great engine mated with a very versatile and capable chassis. The only letdown is that the suspension really isn't up to the task of anything off-pavement other than normal dirt roads, but for most, that is sufficient.

I ended up changing out my rear Scorpion Rally at around 3100 miles (front TKC lasted 6600 miles!). However, I expect to be putting a full set of Rallys back on for some big-bike adventure riding in May. :deal
  6. bastimentos

bastimentos Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to say thanks to everyone in the thread for contributing to this thread. I wasn't aware that Pirelli had the Scorpion Rally tubeless in the the F800GS sizes, so when I found out they did - turned to ADV for user experience and you fellas never let me down. Two weeks in Morocco are in store for 'em so I'll be sure to report back in May as to how they went. As Snowy does, I figure I'll run them near full pressure for most of the trip.