2013 Sandblast Rally - March 2 - SC

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Anders Green, Sep 26, 2012.

1. seasider

seasider Just a rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Rode my 2011 GS last year and had a blast. Don't over think the weight. Keep it real with your skill level and you will be fine. Great crowd and lots of help outside the stages if you need it.:freaky
  2. RealOldDualSportGuy

RealOldDualSportGuy "Round up the usual suspects"

Oddometer:
    Seasider

Appreciate the encouragement.

Back in the day (as the saying goes) won my class two years running at the Black Water 100, which at the time was a real bear of a run.-- finish to ride will be the plan.

Let us know if we can be of any assistance as we are semi local to the event.

Regards

:norton
  3. jack splash

jack splash Two Sheds

Oddometer:
    Wow, if you finished that event, props to you. I remember reading about it in dirt bike, I remember pics and video of guys trying to cross a stream with a big uphill on the other side. Back in the day, early 70's, I was racing MX, moved on to enduros when mx tracks turned into supercross tracks.

Jack
  4. simonpig

simonpig droppin' jewels

Oddometer:
    Man, I really want to do this ride. Been lurking on it for the last several years. I've got my R80g/s on sale, but if it doesn't sell by end of January, I'm seriously thinking about letting it run on this ride.
  5. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  6. ct_rider

ct_rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I know a lot of riders travel a long way to ride the Sandblast Rally and might want to take advantage of some additional riding while in SC. I am planning on riding the Sandblast again this year and have been debating riding the Sandlapper National Enduro on Sunday immediately following the rally. I have ridden this enduro the last 5 or 6 years and it is a really fun event that has always been well organized. The Sandlapper is held in Salley, SC which is about 120 miles south west of Cheraw.

Is anyone interested in registering together for the enduro so we could be on the same row? Registration opens on December 19th at 8pm and generally fills up quickly. The only bike requirement is you need to have a spark arrestor, so throw your woods bike in the truck with the rally bike.

It would be an early morning on Sunday but who doesn't want to get another ~65 miles of sand riding in?

Ken
  7. FreeTheBeast

FreeTheBeast no road left untaken Supporter

Oddometer:
    I checked with Adam. He and I are looking forward to heading down to Cheraw again. :clap

[​IMG]
  8. Stagehand

Oddometer:
  9. Stagehand

Oddometer:
    '08

[​IMG]

'09:

[​IMG]

'10

[​IMG]
  10. apeirce

apeirce Two ears, one mouth.

Oddometer:
    Yes we are. I'll be there in my official mode of 190LBS of truck ballast.
  11. GingerKid

GingerKid How about that self...

Oddometer:
    Haha, that picture is awesome
  12. Rail7

Rail7 Authenticious.

Oddometer:
    Just trying to get an idea of time away from work ( yesssss ). Is the entire rally ( barring orientation ) on one day, or a multi day format like West VA was?
  13. Seth S

Seth S My avatar is ok. Your screen is broken

Oddometer:
    you want to be there on Friday for registration and Tech. Race Saturday, go home Sunday....unless the schedule is different this year.
  14. Some Dude

Some Dude what attitude problem???

Oddometer:
    Last year I did the SB Rally on Saturday and got in the RV immediately after the awards banquet and headed for Augusta, GA for a SORCS Hare Scramble the next day in sand, was one of the best racing weekends I've ever had. However taking on an Enduro the day after the SB would be a bit more taxing and depending on your key time could be a bit hard if you care to hang out at all for the awards dinner at SB, if not then time shouldn't be a big issue.

I've committed to the 1st national enduro at the Cherokee in Greensboro, GA on Feb 16th but don't like the idea of commiting to those 3-4 months in advance or entry being closed there after due to fully booked. Might consider the Sandlapper but have a few days to mull it over.
  15. crankshaft

crankshaft Guns are for pussies

Oddometer:
    I hope BRS is Friday/Saturday next year, because I want to race Unadilla again:lol3
  16. Some Dude

Some Dude what attitude problem???

Oddometer:
    That would make for an epic 3 days of racing and well worth driving the rig up for!!!!! <hint> :lol3

There are a couple of GNCC's real close to here, could probably find you an ernge bike to ride if you wanted to fly in
  17. crankshaft

crankshaft Guns are for pussies

Oddometer:
    I have to say that the GNCC race was the most fun I've had on a motorcycle, I was sad to see the checkered flag honestly. I was the only one out of 650 riders to have a rally nav tower on their bike:lol3

[​IMG]

Thanks for the offer bobby, I might take you up on that!
  18. ct_rider

ct_rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Think it over an let me know. I am also already signed up for Sumter and Cherokee. There really is no such thing as late sign up these days for enduros now that they have electric sign up. Since it is a national they expect you to be there before 8am to sign in and get to the riders meeting even if you are on a late row. I almost lost my spot at Sumter a couple years ago for showing up late even though I was on one of the last rows and had over 2 hours before I started. I would plan to stick around for the awards at SB and head out early AM for the enduro. Let me know if you are interested in the next couple of days. I also plan to do the local GNCC races this year.
  19. johnBOYhenson

johnBOYhenson rallye intern

Oddometer:
    Planning on doing it again. Maybe this year I can keep the engine from detonating a mile from the finish of the last stage!!!! If so, then maybe I can actually finish a race in my nascent racing career!

Looking forward to it.
  20. johnBOYhenson

johnBOYhenson rallye intern

Oddometer:
    I'll be riding the husky again!

Attached Files: