AMA Pro Roadracing: Road America (Cheesy Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, May 28, 2013.

1. yooperbikemike

yooperbikemike high, wide and handsome

Oddometer:
    Well, the AMA Pro Roadracing season resumes after a looonnngggg hiatus at Road America, located in the lovely verdant hills of the Kettle Moraine, not far from Elkhart Lake WI. I'll be there, as I have every year since 1985. Got my Lipidor packed, anticipating Bratwurst overdose...

Television coverage begins at 2:30 PM on Saturday and at 3:00 PM on Sunday on the CBS sports network. The only strictly "live" coverage will be the Superbike races, which still beats the fuck out of SpeedTV's practice of airing the races at midnight.

Day one racing will be re-run staring at 1 PM on Sunday and race 2 coverage will be re-run Sunday Night staring at 9 PM. (All times EST)
  2. DogBoy

DogBoy Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to this weekend. RA is a great track that always produces exciting races.
  3. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Less mechanicals for the Triumphs wouldn't break my heart.

Hopefully these races will make in online at some point soon after the race since I don't bet cbs sportsnetwork.
  4. Kaanan

Kaanan Knee deep in snow.

Oddometer:
    I'll be at campsite 83.

+1,000 on beer and brats!
  5. DogBoy

Oddometer:
    TV schedule:

6. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
  7. viajero

viajero Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer:
    Just ten riders in Superbike?

Looks like Hayes has them covered, so far.
  8. DogBoy

Oddometer:
    Close. There are 25. You can scroll down the live timing or click the button that says "expand to show the whole field" or something like that.

I have to give AMA Pro Racing credit for really using the internet. I'm watching live streaming on-board from JD Beach's DSB R6 right now. With sound. For free. The webcams, live timing, results (including section times) and archives are excellent.
  9. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    They definitely get credit for moving in the right direction. I hope the response is eye opening for them. :thumb
  10. viajero

viajero Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer:
    Ok, got it. Thanks.

I wish Beach's camera was pointing forward, though.
  11. DogBoy

Oddometer:
    Me too. Spread the word so people will know about it. Best part is its FREE. (Don't tell the AMA I would probably pay to watch a bunch of streaming on-board cameras.)
  12. yooperbikemike

Oddometer:
  13. yooperbikemike

Oddometer:
    Huge crash on SS restart
  14. yooperbikemike

Oddometer:
    Lots of riders down , all are responsive
  15. Mr. Magoo

Mr. Magoo Long timer

Oddometer:
    That looked brutal.
  16. wpbarlow

wpbarlow Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Josh is a machine!

Come back Mat!

CB isn't too bad either. Don't know about the "MotoGP ready" hyperbole though.

Graves/Yamaha is sure bringing it home again in the two main classes. And with the sportbike market in the dumps I suspect that it will be easier for them to maintain momentum than for the others to step up their programs to match them. I think a lot of the other teams have real potential, but Graves has the total package as Yosh did in years past.

The KTM 1190 is the best looking bike on the grid (yeah, I'm biased :lol3).

Interesting first broadcast. My opinion is mixed-- joy that it was picked up and mostly decent coverage, though some of the camera angles/pans seemed odd, didn't they?

But...
    1) in the track overview, the graphic showed "sectors" while Ru$$ell talked corners. I guess they were trying to do as F1 does-- but they never talked about sector times anyway. Speaking of $cott- I wonder if he gets a bonus each time he says "outbroke".

2) the announcer in DSB needs to tone down the breathless schoolgirl excitement level.

3) they overplayed the "school" theme by about 400%

4) the camera work during the "meet the racers" segments were a bit reality showish (not needed imo).
  17. HarveyMushman

HarveyMushman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Curious: Those of you who watched the CBS Sports coverage, was it in HD? My provider, Verizon FIOS, apparently doesn't offer a HD version of the channel.
  18. DogBoy

Oddometer:
    My provider, Wave Cable, doesn't offer CBS Sports Channel in HD (yet) so it was normal resolution. The picture quality was good or good enough. Was pleased with the coverage and screamin' Johnny Green is a step up from the SPEED announcers with the exception of Leigh Diffy who I prefer to Green. I really enjoyed the lack of animated promos for other programs that SPEED used to put on the screen during race coverage.

Its going to be fun watching Hayes claw back the points lost at Daytona. Enjoyed seeing Cardenas emerge as the primary contender. Hoping to see Eslick come to terms with the Jordan Suzuki. 2nd DSB race was very good.
  19. wpbarlow

wpbarlow Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I forgot to mention that the pre-race 1/2 show was pretty well done- so props for that.
  20. vonotto

vonotto See you on the road, Scag!

Oddometer:
    CBS Sports did a good job! Much better then speed, and you don't have to worry about NASCAR bustin' in on the broadcast. Well done:freaky