Atlanta to savannah.

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by turbomax, Feb 24, 2014.

1. turbomax

turbomax Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just moved to Savannah and I have not brought the DR650 down yet. I have made the trip on the bike before and I16 was miserable. Does anybody have and suggestion on a route with some dirt mixed in. I was thinking about going to Augusta and heading down on the SC side of the river to see if I could find anything.

Sent from me using my fingers
  2. Schafnet

Schafnet n00b

Oddometer:
    GA 278 east to Augusta, then SC 25 south is a decent route to avoid the super slab. I'm not sure about any dirt roads along the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  3. coletrain

coletrain All aboard!

Oddometer:
    I took I-20 out of ATL to Hwy 441 S to Dublin then HWY 80 East. You could reverse that route. It was better than I-16...which isnt saying much. But at least you drive through a couple of small towns for scenery and breaks.
  4. wawarides

wawarides where's Laura0107? Supporter

Oddometer:
  5. jdemeritt

jdemeritt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Second on 441 to 80. It's not too big of an improvement though.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=589118

You can find some dirt south of Statesboro, you can pick up some of the TetS, It's okay if you don't mind doubling your time for that section. Buncha cotton fields.
  6. Mossy_Crk

Mossy_Crk Fallen over

Oddometer:
    When I lived in Hinesville, I used to make the trip back from Cumming and Gainesville a lot. When it wasn't raining and I had time to burn, this is the general route I'd take. There used to be some really nice little Mom/Pop country cookin' kinda places and friendly folks at the gas stations.

https://goo.gl/maps/WuZLA
  7. travlr_45

travlr_45 Long timer

Oddometer:
    When you get the bike here post up. Some of us get together on a wknd sometimes and do some rides
  8. turbomax

turbomax Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am going to trailer it down, if I do that I can start riding a month earlier. I'm not sure my wife will let me ride on the weekends, but I only work three days a week. I'm not sure what days I will be off next week but I will be doing some riding. I think I am going to check out stage coach.

Sent from me using my fingers