A noob goes racing

Discussion in 'Racing' started by eatpasta, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Oni

Oni Ronin

Oddometer:
    Nice vid Pasta!

Check with Javi (Trailtricks) for your suspension. http://trailtricks.com/ He rides with the group and does some rides you may want to do, lots of singletrack.
  2. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    Good job Pasta!!! :clap :clap :clap Wish I'd seen this thread before your race.

As soon as I get the 400 back together I'm going racing too.

As far as suspension on the BRP goes, mine was Precision Concepts. Amazing. Simply amazing. A friend had a stock 650 and we switched bikes on a ride just to see the difference. I had to throw rocks at him to get him off my bike he liked it so much!! (Being very careful not to hit my own bike mind you...) More than ince I thought I was going to kill myself and the suspension just soaked it up and left me laughing!! :ricky

Just go with the shop in Riverside, NOT El Cajon. It's closer to you anyways.
  3. MotoMike

MotoMike Washed Up Desert Racer For The 2nd Time

Oddometer:
    ...And removing the rear view mirror...
  4. eatpasta

eatpasta Lawnmower Target Supporter

Oddometer:
    heh see why its so nice to have you around Mike?! you always look out for me..... you take off my mirror, you pick up the bike stand that I leave behind..... but now I at least owe you lunch!!

:thumb
  5. MotoMike

Oddometer:
    And I shall collect. After Checkers sounds good.
  6. eatpasta

Oddometer:
    sounds good! what do you like?

:ear
  7. MotoMike

Oddometer:
    We usually stop at Cafe 247 for debriefing. I'll fill you in later.
  8. eatpasta

Oddometer:
    perfect! lunch it is.
  9. MotoMike

Oddometer:
    OK, so where is the video evidence?

BTW, my leg has taken on a nice bluish/purple hue :kurt
  10. eatpasta

Oddometer:
    that sucks! why?

I have no video of the race.... however! I do have a guy donating a GoPro camera for my second race.

If you're talking about the post race interview, ill be done with it tonight or tomorrow.....

hope you're ok dood..... Ive just got healed enough to start lifting weights again!

:lol3
  11. MotoMike

Oddometer:
    I crashed on the second loop and smashed my leg into the bars. Got a serious charley horse.
  12. eatpasta

Oddometer:

ohhhh thats right.... and a bummer. I was lucky enough to not have any painful ones or massive raspberries. Came close a few times, 3 or 400 times.
  13. eatpasta

Oddometer:
    ok - here is the post first race interview - part 1. I didnt have time to finish cutting together the second half just yet.... it will be up in a few days.

:1drink

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QnzfCNWtoec&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QnzfCNWtoec&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
  14. eatpasta

Oddometer:
  15. eatpasta

Oddometer:
    ok here is the part 2 to the post first race for your viewing pleasure

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JjA2lsIyb1s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JjA2lsIyb1s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
  16. airborndad

airborndad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great self interviewing video's had me smiling the whole time and thinking back on my first races and laughing at times VERY WELL DONE.

BE VERY PROUD of yourself it took me 3 races before I got my first finish
    PM me or post up here with your next race dates
    I'd like to try and get out there and watch it with my boys if i'm not working

oh yeah and if I hadn't already said it before CONGRATULATIONS:bow and good job:thumb
  17. eatpasta

Oddometer:
    thanks man! Next race is Feb. 28 out in Johnson Valley again. A buddy of mine is going try and make it - Bourkeo and my wife and room mate will be out there as well.

Today is the opening salvo for my new arm-strength campaign! Ive hooked one of my 20 lb. dumb bells on a rope to a stick. From the floor, I wind the stick and raise the weight up to the bar..... if this doesnt make my grip better for the next race, NOTHING will.

:1drink

next weekend is the Bradshaw Bomb run!

:thumb

cant wait!
  18. airborndad

airborndad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Now normally I would work that weekend
    But I got Volunteered for a SPECIAL project by the Boss chick and I should have that weekend off now
    so unless the Other boss chick (wife)gets me doing something else I'll see you out there :thumb
  19. eatpasta

Oddometer:
    right on - what class do you race? got a bike number etc?
  20. airborndad

airborndad Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got No class:lol3
    I raced cars off and on from 1983 to 2001 did 5 complete seasons and won 4 championships 92,93, 97,2000 crashed pretty hard in 1998 and hurt my back, that slowed me down quite a bit so now I'm 99% retired (still have my car rotting away in the garage and prerunner in the driveway though)
    I raced SCORE, HDRA, SNORE, La Rana, MDR, & More.
    Mostly in Lucerne, Barstow, & Ridgecrest, also in Parker, San Felipe, Caliente, Las Vegas, & Boulder
    I've been riding motorcycles since I was 11. Now I just take me and my kids (3/4 of them) trail riding alot or watching car and motorcycle races.
    My 2 youngest have done a couple of D-37 races and did VERY well 5th and 6th out of 25-30? (kids race) but I was extremely proud of them , they would have done better if they didn't crash into each other in the first turn and one crashed in the last turn of the last lap we mostly ride in lucerne but we go to barstow also so they have only know how to ride in the hard stuff
    [​IMG] . [​IMG] . [​IMG] . [​IMG] . [​IMG] . [​IMG] .