Are you Prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse?

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by Thanantos, Apr 7, 2012.

1. BeerIsGood

BeerIsGood Guest

Maybe a flashlight?
  2. 100mpg

100mpg Self Imposed Exile

Oddometer:
    :huh Really? I mean, seriously?
  3. 100mpg

Oddometer:
    Good idea. Put that on the trailer hitch mount for exploring off road. It would come in handy, for making quiet less conspicuous runs to get gas and supplies.

AND, I hope it is the walking dead type zombies...they are slow and dumb. In Dawn of the dead, they are too fast!

4. vortexau

vortexau Outside the Pod-bay

Oddometer:
    Just performed a 'search' with the term: "zombie-proof clothing?" Lot of information about on this subject.

Protective Clothing[​IMG]

The Zombie Survival Wiki lists many options-

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

With just these four you have (A) Protection from powerful bites, (B) Protection from chemical and biological threats, (C) Protection from rifle bullets (& possibly slowed explosion particles), to (D) Protection from a rapier or kendo stick.
  5. 100mpg

Oddometer:
    I'll take A. A zombie bite has to really really hurt.
    A blacked out Ruckus...No shiny parts to attract attention. I like it.

[​IMG]
  6. mrphotoman

mrphotoman Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would want to stay mobile, I would pack light, grab my favorite hat and hit the road.

[​IMG]
  7. 100mpg

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  8. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

I wonder how the reciprocity laws work for Zombie eradication?
  9. Ronin ADV

Ronin ADV Gear addict

Oddometer:

I miss my Ruck. :cry
  10. Ironhead76

Ironhead76 Desert Rat

Oddometer:
    why has no one mentioned fire? it keeps you warm and kills zombies. when the zombies arrive i'm going to make up a bunch of napalm and get me one of these[​IMG]

and to all the scooter guys, i hope there more like the "I Am Legend" zombies.... you wont last very long:rofl
  11. Ronin ADV

Ronin ADV Gear addict

Oddometer:
    [QUOTE
    and to all the scooter guys, i hope there more like the "I Am Legend" zombies.... you wont last very long:rofl[/QUOTE]

Dont underestimate the scooter. It was far scarier to ride the Ruckus than my Ducati. First of all, the Ruckus is like a cloak of invisibility. You think they don't see you on a motorcycle? Then again maybe that would be a good thing for evading zombies. As for the speed, I got it up into the 50's. Downhill with a tailwind. It takes nerves of steel to endure that 18mph up steeper hills. All the time thinking about the SUV (or zombie) that was going to run over me from behind. But it got about 100 miles per gallon, I could lift it up onto the back of my Xterra, it's stealth quiet, and can turn on a dime. All things that are handy in the zombie apocalypse. But really fast zombies? Yeah that might be a problem.
  12. vortexau

vortexau Outside the Pod-bay

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Then don't forget that its a scooter with the BIGGEST caliber armament in the world of 2-wheel transportation! You ride this sucker (and your buddy is on the ammo-carrying one), - - - and you work together!

Ranging out wider, you've got more buddies riding armor:

[​IMG]

Your scout rides about in circles, mowing the zombies down by removing their legs:

[​IMG]

The Half-track is you heavy armor -- they go through the medium zombie infestations looking for open roads for the dash to the countryside:

[​IMG]

You play it safe during night hours. If there are any suspicious noises, you send out the Armored Outfit with the searchlights:

[​IMG]

Then, when you leave an area and hit the road looking for greener pastures; you don't neglect to use your Tail-gunner to discourage zombie pursuit:

[​IMG]

(Now you know why it is a good idea to take advantage of "The Ural Delay Factor")
  13. fallingoff

fallingoff Banned

Oddometer:
    what is the general opinion on gear
    fullface, no peripheral vision maybe
    too much gear , can you run away
    what do you think
    gimp suit and runners
    goggles
    maybe
  14. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  15. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  16. M-Cat

M-Cat 2 wheeled slacker

Oddometer:
    The Zombies are already here.
    All part of the fast-food, drive-through, brain-fried mindless drones that live to consume everything and live by reality TV, sports or politics. Buying in to all they see and hear without question because of the steady diet of nothing that they've been fed for so long.
    Kill somebody's body by feeding them junk food, kill their mind by convincing them to reject thought, kill their ambition with medications and alcohol.

The only way to be prepared is to wake up and think about who you really are and what you represent, although weapons might come in handy, eventually.
  17. 100mpg

Oddometer:
    I would go with this one, it seems pretty much zombie proof...but it doesn't look fast. I see a potential problem with zombies getting stuff in the track drive and not being able to get moving fast enough to grind them out! :D

A second look, I think they might get jammed in the front wheel, force it to the right or left and you ride around in circles for days! I wonder if zombies get dizzy...
  18. CodyY

CodyY ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    With the necessity to cause severe trauma to the nerve center, fire is one of the worst things you can do. Zombies are bad, but Zeds on fire is worse. Fire will spread over most surfaces, but believe it or not the human body is not very combustible. The thought of a mindless eating machine that doesn't tire and feels no pain spreading an "all-consuming" fire across what few valuable resources are available to the remaining human contingent is a bad idea. Please, don't go fucking up MY fuel resources by setting walking matchsticks ablaze.

1. Cardio
    2. Doubletap
    3. Beware of bathrooms.

http://adriansundeaddiary.com/ <-read this. Start at the beginning, read all the bonus fiction. It brings up lots of valid points that others may not think of in their "preparations"
  19. Volodymyr t G

Volodymyr t G Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    one thing to keep in mind---zombies blood is congealed, so it doesn't fly around quite like the livings blood. Not that there's no risk of infection, it's just that the risk isn't as great as you might think.
  20. outlaws justice

outlaws justice On the Fringe

Oddometer:
    So while you guys are preparing for Zombies are you also prepared for the Vampire and wherewolf invasions?