Pensacola area riders

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by XT Thumper, Mar 11, 2008.

1. burmbuster

burmbuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, I finally have the 690E sorted. I had to add a bash plate, add a radiator guard, and resolved a mapping issue. I will be looking out for posts on rides if its open to the "no deal in Mobile" crowd. Still looking for a suitable rack for Rotopax but that can wait. Can't wait to see what the bike does offroad. Hopefully have it broken in this week. Between work and the rain its been a slow go.:cry
  2. bartohob

bartohob Adventurer

Oddometer:
    had fun with you guys today even though i peeled out early due to deeeeeeep water
  3. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Sorry about that! We have crossed that creed 100 times but today it did give us some problems... Spent some time getting OGs bike started and then we had some smoke concerns so we all came in a little sooner than we wanted -

Still a great ride at Spec...

And yes a surprise visit from Daryn who started the 5Hunny craze around here and is sorely missed. I have found that riding buddies are biddies for life... nor matter how long the separation...

We need to go out there more often.

As usual for this group no pics... just good riding.
  4. TitaniumKaren

TitaniumKaren Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    "I have found that riding buddies are biddies for life..."
    Couldn't have said it better myself!:rofl Glad you all had fun!
  5. Just_P_Dirty

Just_P_Dirty Its more fun when Dirty!

Oddometer:
    bogs and bolders is definatley not the place for our crowd. there really didnt seem like anywhere to open up the bike. sure there were a couple small dirt bikes puttin around but its more a family atv type place- and any other thing that has 4 wheels. i dont remeber getting out of first gear. the fan was on most if the ride trying to cool off. you never know what kind of off road machine is around the corner. we were on a trail until met face to face with a bronco. lol it would be alot funner to just putt around on an atv and get muddy...if you could ride atvs in BW it would be better.
  6. Just_P_Dirty

Just_P_Dirty Its more fun when Dirty!

Oddometer:
    oh ya almost forgot- got the wife on the back of the 690 for about 5 mins- lol then she got on the back of someones atv. she said the seat sucks and the bike always feels like its always waitin to blast off and get crazy. it was hard to ride slow...
  7. burmbuster

burmbuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have any trail routs for Black Water? Thinking of going over there next weekend and doing a little exploring.:evil
  8. artimus_maximus

artimus_maximus Long timer

Oddometer:
    We could have told you that and saved you the trip.. :D
  9. skid=mark

skid=mark Likes it Slidewayz

Oddometer:
    Had a fantastic time today getting back in the groove with the gang! Great job keeping us safe today Vico!! Enjoyed meeting some new folks, Bartohob, SR56, and Brett (?).

Rotorhead and I found about 1/3 or so of what was left of Mossy Head, and did a little tree carving. Man, I am definitely rusty on the ST, but RH was cookin' it!! :deal

All in all a very good day--not too hot and no injuries. Life is good!
    :clap
  10. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    See PM for more info.

Good to see you again. I too loved the 2smoker smell... days gone by:D

Three n00bs and three oldies... it was a good mix.
  11. burmbuster

burmbuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Vico. I really appreciate it. Email sent. I guess its gonna be like old times when we ran over to Milton to practice MX with my two boys twice a week. I miss those days.:wink:
  12. burmbuster

burmbuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ha! Now that's funny.
    And I heard the same thing about bogs and boulders from others. I want to check out the Talladega National Forest this fall after my trip to the Ozarks.
  13. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    I lived in Mobile until the mid 70s. We use to have a strong dirt bike crowd but alas that has all gone away. Thankfully we have two major riding areas if you are willing to play the game and get tagged bikes.

We had a long discussion with a "bubba" yesterday who explained to us that we CANNOT ride motorcycles on the reservation! He cannot ride his 4 wheeler and so we cannot ride out MCs cause they are more dangerous than a 4 wheeler and cause more damage to the woods.

We informed him of course that he was wrong on many accounts but you will never win that argument. Like dirt riding in PASCO ... you either get it or you don't.

Anyway come over and join us sometime. Fall is coming up and riding get better - and we can leave later in the day since its not so damn hot.

Enjoy you new scoot and hope to meet up with you soon.

I will send tacks to you today.
  14. rotorhead511

rotorhead511 Live and let live.

Oddometer:
    I seem to have lost my sunglasses at Speck yesterday.:cry It's quiet a hall for me to go back. If anyone happens by there could you take a look around. If you go in the most northern entrance we all park in the first tree covered area on the right in between to two entrances.

Thanks for any help,
    Rotor
  15. r_bin

r_bin Long timer

Oddometer:
    That doesn't sound like the fishing permit. It runs a year from the time you buy it. I like to get that one. Not the permit you are talking about.

Unless they changed something since May.

16. waysherr

waysherr Behind Bars For Life

Oddometer:

Go ahead and spend $20 for the full permit...it will be good for 1 year from date of purchase
  17. SR56

SR56 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Another option is the Small Game Permit which is $10 but it does expire every year on 30 Sep so the best bet if you are riding and not fishing is the Small Game Permit purchased 1 Oct and you are good for a year of riding and hunting critters if your bike breaks down.
  18. Rusty Jug

Rusty Jug Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just for you sandbox guys I ordered new tires for my bike! So I can keep up in the soft sand and loam mud!
    :) wife said why did you need them, my nw Florida riders said I needed them! :)

Sent from inside of my Man Cave to outer space then back to your space.
  19. bartohob

bartohob Adventurer

Oddometer:
    now worries remember i had to leave early anyhow due to b day party it was fun we can scoot up there any wknd early for a ride enjoyed meeting all the new peeps
  20. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    I thought you had knobbies on the rear and it sounded like you had a fresh front you had laying around. Didn't mean to cause you a new set of knobies...

However... you will be glad you did. Maximum traction never hurts.

Do you do GPS??? I can send some tracks if you are interested.