Can we join OC if we have spoked 19" X 17" wheels on our SM?

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by mcmann, Dec 25, 2012.

1. GeordieMoore

GeordieMoore n00b

Oddometer:
    Man ive been trying to figure out how to do spoked wheels on my SM what im trying to do is keep the road wheels and set up but sort it so its capable to swap them out quickly to maybe a 21 front without swapping out the forks failing that something smaller and maybe a 19 rear but not to fussed any advice would be grateful, I emailed wheeleworld and they told me they had nothing for a 950sm
  2. brents347

brents347 Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer:
    George,

A 21" front wheel (likewise a 19" rear) is not going to happen on a SM .

The 19"/17" is the biggest you're going to get (without some SERIOUS mods). Once you get them sorted, they are a straight slide-in wheel set.
  3. Peanuts

Peanuts Long timer

Oddometer:
    Beautiful but often rainy North Yorkshire, UK
    The good news is Alpina will shortly be announcing wire wheels for the 950/990 SM/SMR/SD/SM-T.

How do i know? I recently sent a set of stock 950SM wheels to Talon for them to measure up to make billet hubs on behalf of AlpinaUK :)

So it wont be long before you can order tubeless wire wheels to fit the SM range of LC8 bikes.

5.5", 5.0" or 4.25" x 17 rear, 3.50" x 17 front or 2.50" x 19 front in lots of colour combinations :)
  4. 52xc

52xc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This will make me shit bricks. I am madly in love with my sm but realized i should have bought the adventure. I can stomach spending $6-800 for suspension /skid plate but not 3k for custom wheels justto run dirt rds and occasional light adventure...no way. I believe if this happens the market for used sm values will go up. Right now you can pick up low milage ones for nothing. :clap