East of Phoenix Rider's Group

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by 750Volts!, Oct 21, 2010.

1. rickcool72

rickcool72 mOtOcIcLiStA

Oddometer:
    +1
  2. seabee1

seabee1 we build, we fight

Oddometer:
    That is a sweet looking bike for a great price. I can't believe it didn't sell in the flea market.
  3. BlackdogADV

BlackdogADV Long timer

Oddometer:
    Are you ready to do it again? I'll be in Mesa a week before Christmas! Can't wait!
  4. cyberdos

cyberdos Easy Bonus Loop ♦♦

Oddometer:
    :loco
  5. IBRiding

IBRiding Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Ron,

It will be great to ride with you again :clap:clap:clap:clap

See you soon
    Bill
  6. WantToRideMoar

WantToRideMoar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    lol.

It just seems that if I list a piece of furniture on CL, I get a bunch of lowballers and people that want to have me deliver it in my truck. When I list that same item on BP, at least the people that show up have their own transportation for the item.

I've never sold a bike on either site though.
  7. refokus

refokus Hmmmmmm Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have bought and sold several bikes in the Flea Market. It averages about 30 days to sell a bike. I do have patience though.......
  8. cyberdos

Oddometer:
    I learned to ride in the streets of NYC. People here drive like saints comparatively.

Paul, it would make your life much more pleasurable if you took all those things that anger you and learned to really deal with them. Maybe you need yoga, Buddha, God, weed or whatever crutch people find to deal with life's every day stresses.

Riding to work for me is 10 times more pleasurable than driving in. With taking simple precautions and getting yourself into a good mindset each and every time you throw a leg over you can make the commute a joy, if not at the very least, a little more pleasurable for you since it's something that you're stuck with almost every day, twice a day, for a very long time.

You can either be aggravated by the things that are all around you that you see changing and fuck with your comfort level to the point where it overcomes your senses and it effects your health or you can find something within you that will let all those little girevances simply slide.

There's a middle way.

Believe me that finding this way is better for you than living the rest of your life being miserable. We all like you man. Hell, I for one love your rants and I wouldn't want you to change that one bit. But if the small stuff is truly diggin at you insides then I hope that you're able to find some relief.

Motorcycles for me has always been a big part of that relief. Seeing you sell them off like you are and reverting to driving instead of riding kinda makes me sad. But I'm not you and I don't know what makes you tick.

I hope you don't take offense to what I just wrote. If you do you can always tell me to fuck off. I'm cool with that.

:D
  9. rickcool72

rickcool72 mOtOcIcLiStA

Oddometer:
    +1

Oh, and as a stress reliever I do this:

http://youtu.be/iAkHnYuhHEg

:evil

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/iAkHnYuhHEg?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/iAkHnYuhHEg?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  10. cyberdos

Oddometer:
    All I'm saying is if you deal with these issues now, it wont matter where you go, you'll be fine. If you don't, then get ready for a bunch of "told ya so's" from the wife.

My best friend is retiring in 5 years. He grew up in Spanish Harlem. Later moved to Red Hook Brooklyn and now has lived over 10 years in the South Bronx. He bought a house down the street from me and is ticking down the seconds before retirement. He absolutely LOVES it here, as do I.

It's all a matter of perspective.

While you're here, try and enjoy the good things and fuck the rest. Have you gone outside today? Weather is absolutely magnificent. Enjoy it. Hope to see you on Saturday.

:thumb
  11. fanatic291

fanatic291 Desert Tortoise

Oddometer:
    I have tried to find a happy balance between commuting and riding offroad. Right now my balance is don't ride to work, because of the drivers near my office in North Scottsdale.

I have really enjoyed being able to ride my bike out to the trails and then have a nice ride. My bike is warmed up when I get there and I am in a really good mood to get out on the trail.

Being a Failed Californian...I know what you mean. I left the beach and the weather to move to AZ. Although I upgraded from a 900 square foot apartment to a 2500 square foot house for a cheaper payment and now I can Mountain Bike and Dirt Bike any time I want.

Try to be happy where your life has landed you and cater your hobbies to your surroundings. I gave up surfing and scuba diving to mountain bike and ride motorcycles. For me, being outside is the key to my happiness.
  12. WantToRideMoar

WantToRideMoar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ^^ A giant fucking plus eleventy to that.

I started riding at age 33, not quite 2 years ago. I had to commute from Mesa to North Scottsdale every day, and doing it in my truck was costing me about $400 a month along with two hours of my life every day, alternating between idle and about 35mph. I loathed it.

I had only started doing this because I changed jobs from a telecommuting job to an in-person job.

I'm a horrid, wretched commuter and it was affecting my outlook on life.

I've since gone back to that telecommuting job... but I do still have to go into the office once a week. And it happens on the bike, because I get to use the HOV lane and go 45-70mph rather than bump along staring at brake lights and cussing out the idiots in front of me.

I do have to mentally prepare myself for the ride and make sure I'm awake and alert each time, and make sure I keep my attention on the road and constantly trying to predict which 4-wheeled mentally challenged psychopath is going to try and kill me next, but the freedom that bike provides is worth it. I can explore just about anywhere in the State for less than $20 gas. I can go to San Diego or Vegas for about the same cost.

I love my bikes. Road or dirt. Even on my worst days, straddling up on one of the bikes for something even as mundane as a grocery store run of a mile or two... will improve my outlook on the situation immediately.

The last couple years have blessed me with about 35,000 miles of wonderful therapy.
  13. CrozB

CrozB Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We need lane splitting in AZ (and the rest of the US) then commuting will be a true pleasure. Hard to believe California got that right. Karla is actually taking me and the Strom to the bay area tonight and I will be using it to commute next week. Looking forward to that commute.

Speaking of which, anyone want to ride Death Valley the weekend after this next? :)

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk
  14. cyberdos

Oddometer:
    We were so damn close and brewer vetoed it right at the end. :baldy
  15. rickcool72

rickcool72 mOtOcIcLiStA

Oddometer:
    I'm in!

Where's the meetup place, please? What time? Can I invite other riders?
  16. IBRiding

Oddometer:

Ricardo,

Yea!!! glad you can make it and of course bring anyone intrested.

I am going to be at the Waffle House off the 60 and Idaho Rd at 7:00

I will send you the staging info via email when I get off work if you would like to meet there instead.

Later
    Bill
  17. cyberdos

Oddometer:
  18. IBRiding

Oddometer:
    Dave

Death Valley is something I am wanting to do. Will a weekend be enough time?

Bill
  19. CrozB

CrozB Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There after several places to ride both on and off road and you can spend several days riding around DV. I doubt a weekend really enough time for a persons first time through DV even if trailering as DV always leaves you wanting more :).

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk
  20. Creeker747

Creeker747 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice.