Motorcycle Tours in Bolivia, South America

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by krazykiwi, Jun 4, 2011.

1. krazykiwi

krazykiwi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi all,
    I’m in the process of starting a motorcycle adventure company in Bolivia, South America. I’m a New Zealander living in Bolivia with my Bolivian wife and our 3 young children and it has always been my dream to offer motorcycle tours in this incredible country.
    But it is not just tours we offer - the company has been set up to offer everything from simple advice right through to fully catered tours where all you need to do is show up with your riding gear in hand. We can help you plan your own trip with your own bike, sell you routes that take you to all the key spots, custom make a tour for you and your buddies and even supply a support vehicle if you require one.
    We currently have a number of fully catered tours running in 2011 with space still available. We believe that true adventure travel is about getting off the beaten path and experiencing a different culture, not just following the gringo trail. But don’t worry, we will ensure you still see all the key tourist sites - we just use our local knowledge to take you on some of the best, lesser known roads to get there.
    Please visit our site Endurotours | Bolivia Bound to discover the full list of what we offer. I’d really appreciate any feedback from fellow ADV riders on what we offer, the site in general and anything else.
    Thanks for taking the time.
  2. Reverse

Reverse Armchair Tough

Oddometer:
    Getting crowded in Bolivia :D with both you and Maarten offering tours

All the best to you with your company.
  3. krazykiwi

krazykiwi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Reverse for both promoting a competitor and wishing me all the best at the same time.:huh

There is a key difference between what Maarten and i offer. Bolivia Bound is focused on helping motorcycle riders achieve their dream of riding in Bolivia, and even South America, whatever that dream may be. If you just want to rent some bikes - i can help, if you want advice on a good route to take - i can help, if you want to go your own way but need a 4x4 support vehicle - i can help, if you have a group of mates and want a customised tour - i can help. And like Maarten, i have some some pre-arranged tours in place for anyone who wants to join in with minimum hassle.

Bolivia Bound's speciality is in customising its service to the client's needs.

Perhaps you should give us a shot!

Cheers
  4. Reverse

Reverse Armchair Tough

Oddometer:
    Sorry man, didn't mean to rain on your announcement. I have removed the link.

I'm still amazed there are now two adventure touring companies in Bolivia. I guess I didn't realize how adventure riding has taken off.
  5. krazykiwi

krazykiwi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Reverse - didn't expect you to do that but thank you. Be great to see you on a tour one day.
  6. krazykiwi

krazykiwi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ok, been a bit quiet on ADV rider for a while but that is set to change. Bolivia Bound is charging ahead with new prices (the best value motorcycle tours in Bolivia no less:clap), recently added routes, a change of 4x4 support vehicle - goodbye Land Rover Defender, hello Nissan Patrol, loads of new videos, and we've even had a glowing magazine review.

We have three great tours coming up in the near future: Southwest Circuit in April, Backblocks Blast in May and Amazon Ambush in June.

You'll be seeing (hearing) a lot more from us in the near future. But if you are interested in hearing more about any of the above trips, or customising a trip to your needs and calendar, please pm me or email me: cory@boliviabound.net

Lets Ride!
  7. krazykiwi

krazykiwi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Check out this video shot by Mike Britton of adventurerides.co.nz of our October 2011 Recce trip. Mike joined us to suss things out for a trip in Sept/Oct 2012 with his own clients. Bolivia Bound will serve as the local experts putting the trip together for him. :clap Roll on September!!!
    Watch the video
  8. krazykiwi

krazykiwi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Tired of long days at work? Midyear blues already getting you down and it’s only March? How does 13 days riding a motorcycle through the wild and wonderful Amazon basin grab you? Top it off with a couple of days in the spectacular Andes Mountains and you'll know what feeling on top of the world is really like!

Join Bolivia Bound for our Amazon Ambush Tour on June 3rd and discover the ultimate Americas riding experience. Bolivia is an absolute adventure riding mecca and much of the region you’ll be riding through is as yet undiscovered by tourists. You could be among the first to ride this incredible region! Throw in the excellent company of people just like you who love nothing more than riding a motorcycle to far flung places and you are guaranteed the time of your life!:evil

Andes Mountains, Amazon Basin, The World’s Most Dangerous Road, amazing wildlife, immersive cultural experience, AWESOME RIDING, and everything taken care of so you can just enjoy!

What are you waiting for? BOOK NOW so you don’t miss out.

12 nights, 13 days. $2500 riders, $1000 pillion/4x4 passenger all inclusive. Minimum 4.
  9. krazykiwi

krazykiwi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    With a little help from Anders from Anders Around the World, we've created a great promotional video featuring some of the great riding on offer in Bolivia. If you are thinking of doing some adventure riding in a foreign land, why not join Bolivia Bound, Bolivia's best motorcycle tour company? Check out our video here.
  10. fudgypup

fudgypup Banned

Oddometer:
    Cory runs a great tour company as well. I was very close to booking my trip this year but a few big things came up at the last minute. Next year!

One thing I think sets BBMA apart is that they have the BMW f800GS. :D
  11. krazykiwi

krazykiwi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Fudgypup thanks for the endorsement. Gotta get you on a tour sometime soon...
  12. krazykiwi

krazykiwi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We've just added a 1997 Honda Africa Twin to your fleet of bikes:clap Available on our tours or as a rental, it comes with hard or soft bags, hot grips, super comfy aftermarket seat, GPS, tank bag, auxiliary fuel tanks...the works! Check out a pic or two here
    Interested? Contact Us
  13. krazykiwi

krazykiwi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looking for a decent place to pitch your tent in Bolivia? We'll we've got it. Come and camp in our backyard!!! Soft grass, own bathroom with hot shower, BBQ area, outdoor table, fire pit, beer fridge (with beer) :clap, workshop and tools, safe parking and someone who knows which mechanics to use and which to avoid and where to source parts.

Where:

Km 5 Carretera a Sacaba (Highway 4)
    Cochabamba, Bolivia

Contact us to let us know when you are coming and to get detailed directions and/or GPS coordinates.
  14. fudgypup

fudgypup Banned

Oddometer:
    I need to do this

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FKyxjPs4U8A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  15. krazykiwi

krazykiwi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Every week or so we compile two or three items we've stumbled upon that we consider to be cool. Usually motorcycle based but i am trying to keep it balanced. We always post it in our blog, so scroll through and enjoy the first 4 editions of Bolivia Bound What's Cool.
    Enjoy
  16. krazykiwi

krazykiwi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We have just confirmed a new Bolivia motorcycle tour in August/September 2012. We already have people signed up so make sure you get in quick.

"Bolivia In One Hit" is a comprehensive motorcycle tour of Bolivia. In just 15 days of riding you will enjoy the Amazon, The World's Most Dangerous Road, Lake Titicaca, Copacabana, the Salar de Uyuni, Potosi, Sucre, Tupiza (site of Butch Cassidy's last stand) and La Paz.

If you can only make it to Bolivia once, this is the trip to be on. Don't miss out. Contact us now for the full information pack.
    15 days of riding, airport transfers, most meals and non-alcoholic beverages, accommodation, motorcycle hire and fuel, support vehicle for luggage, tools and spares, two bilingual guides - you name it, it's probably included.

$2850USD per rider, $1250USD pillion/passenger.

Enquire Now about this awesome Bolivia Tour.
  17. krazykiwi

krazykiwi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Only two tours with spaces left.

Don't miss your chance to join us for the ride

of a lifetime!

Bolivia In One Hit
    August 27th &#8211; September 10th 2012

If you can only make it to Bolivia once, this is the tour to be on!
    In just 15 days of riding you will enjoy riding from the Andes to the Amazon - The World's Most Dangerous Road, Lake Titicaca, Copacabana, the Salar de Uyuni, Potosi, Sucre, Tupiza (site of Butch Cassidy's last stand) and La Paz.
    "Bolivia In One Hit" is a dual sport tour designed to see it all. It is the perfect opportunity to see the best Bolivia has to offer in, well, one hit.

15 days of riding, airport transfers, most meals and non-alcoholic beverages, accommodation, motorcycle hire and fuel, support vehicle* for luggage, tools and spares, two bilingual guides - you name it, it's probably included.

$2850USD per rider, $1250USD pillion/passenger.
    *minimum 4 clients required for inclusion of support vehicle
    Only 4 spaces left. Enquire now for an itinerary and full details about this never to be repeated tour.

Salt and Che
    November 26th &#8211; December 10th, 2012

Seen &#8220;The Motorcycle Diaries&#8221;? Now you can write your own...
    Great roads and amazing scenery are fantastic, but how would you like to add a little history to your motorcycle tour? Amongst other highlights, this dual purpose tour includes 2 of South America&#8217;s most noteworthy historical events: The discovery and subsequent mining by the Spanish of the richest silver mine the world has ever seen and the capture and execution of that most famous of revolutionaries Che Guevara.
    In 15 days we&#8217;ll ride from Andes to Amazon including along the way ToroToro National Park famous for its dinosaur footprints, the Salar de Uyuni, the silver and tin mines of Potosi, Sucre, and follow &#8216;La ruta del Che&#8217; or the Che route. We&#8217;ll check out where he was killed and where his body was famously laid out in a laundry to prove to the world once and for all the &#8220;El Che&#8221; was finally dead.
    It will be a dual sport tour like no other &#8211; plenty of remote roads, small villages full of welcoming people and enough history to fill a textbook. You can even keep a diary...

15 days of riding, airport transfers, most meals and non-alcoholic beverages, accommodation, motorcycle hire and fuel, support vehicle* for luggage, tools and spares, two bilingual guides - you name it, it's probably included.

$3000USD per rider, $1450USD pillion/passenger.
    *minimum 4 clients required for inclusion of support vehicle
    Only 5 spaces left Enquire now for an itinerary and full details about this fantastic tour.
  18. krazykiwi

krazykiwi Adventurer

Oddometer:
  19. krazykiwi

krazykiwi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Our all new 'Salt and Che' Tour is confirmed for the following dates - Nov 26th - Dec11th. It's gonna be a fantastic ride through stunning landscapes on great roads. There are only a few spaces left so if you are interested and would like to know more please pm me.

Cory
  20. krazykiwi

krazykiwi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We have two great motorcycle tours coming up in April and May. In April we have Salt & Che - a fantastic tour following the Che Guevara route as well as taking in some of Bolivia's key tourism highlights such as Sucre, the tin mines of Potosi and the salt flats at Salar de Uyuni. This is one of my favourite routes - the roads and scenery are spectactular and perfectly suited to adventure riding.

In May we are offering limited places on a recce ride to help us map out a route through the Bolivia Amazon Rainforest. This will be a true adventure with limited knowledge beforehand about where we are going, where we will be staying and the state of the roads we'll be riding. If you are the hardier sort of adventure rider this could be perfect for you.

If you are interested and would like to know more please either pm me or email me directly: cory@boliviabound.net

Cheers
    Cory