KLIM Badlands Pro

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by mrt10x, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Mr_Gone

Mr_Gone Viking Berserker

Oddometer:
    Definitely go with the XL. I am 6;3" and 210 lbs, with a 36" waist, 44" chest, so we're similar in size in that I'm only a couple inches taller, and the XL is tight if I wear a couple thick layers during the winter. I fell between sizes, too, according to the Klim chart. Definitely go with the XL.
  2. Mr_Gone

Mr_Gone Viking Berserker

Oddometer:
    I know a lot of guys have problems with the D3O armor in cold weather, but personally I haven't had a problem. Even in the 20s, my armor stayed fairly flexible. And if I remember correctly, D3O armor was first used during the winter Olympics, so presumably it works at least fairly well in cold weather. Just my $0.02.
  3. GravelRider

GravelRider AKA max384 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for all the advice everyone. I think I'll just have to wait and make the trip to Philly to try them on at Revzilla.
  4. Mr_Gone

Mr_Gone Viking Berserker

Oddometer:
    That's what you were really looking for, wasn't it? An excuse to make a road trip to Revzilla.

Glad we could be of service! :D
  5. Mr_Gone

Mr_Gone Viking Berserker

Oddometer:
    I rode three hours in the rain yesterday. The Badlands jacket kept me dry. I was also wearing some Klim Traverse pants, which also kept me dry except for the bottom of my jeans, because I forgot to tuck them into my boots. I also forgot to tuck my gloves inside the jacket cuffs, so water eventually ran into my gloves. Lessons learned and mental reminders logged into the brain.

One of the jacket's exterior pockets did leak slightly, so I'll be keeping everything in the interior pockets in the rain. Zippers are never waterproof, unless you're using SCUBA zips, and I should have known better.

Anyway, other than those very minor things, the jacket kept me dry. Which is good to know since it's the rainy season here in the Ozarks. :D
  6. GravelRider

Oddometer:
    Hahaha. Maybe so. :freaky I've been meaning to go to Revzilla for a long time, but I always talk myself out of it because it's in Philadelphia. I used to commute to Philly once a month for drills for about a year and a half. I hated that commute with such a passion! I literally haven't been back since (about four years now)... Maybe it's about time that I make a trip down there. Ugh.
  7. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    You didn't get the whale foreskin wallet pouch with your jacket?? I did. :scratch

I always put my wallet it in it when it's raining. :deal
  8. Mr_Gone

Mr_Gone Viking Berserker

Oddometer:
    I did get the whale foreskin wallet pouch, but because I'm sometimes a moran, I left it at home. You know, right on the kitchen counter where I wouldn't forget it. It's still there, as a matter of fact.

Anyway, it wasn't much leakage, since it didn't even manage to get two gas receipts entirely wet. Lesson learned. :D
  9. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    :oscar Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.
  10. Mr_Gone

Mr_Gone Viking Berserker

Oddometer:
    Does the t-shirt spell "moran" incorrectly, or the advrider way? :evil
  11. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    Yes

[​IMG]

Your welcome
  12. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    In my case, it's just a picture of a jackass. :baldy

Speaking of the Badlands: Following my two week tour of the desert southwest, I found out that one of my elbow pads cracked in half.

Klim immediately nutted up and sent me replacement armor. :clap They have the BEST customer service of any company I have ever dealt with.

I don't know if the new armor is different than the old, but the markings are different. Feels pretty much the same, but it hasn't been cold enough lately to see if it still gets hard (heh heh) during cold nights.
  13. Mtn Man

Mtn Man Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just bought a new Badlands from Mini Mike at Tellico Outfitters. I have spent about 18 hours in it so far and really like it. Hope it only gets better!
  14. Mr_Gone

Mr_Gone Viking Berserker

Oddometer:
    I'm pretty sure it's "Yore" but I don't want to step on Klay's toes. :D

Great pic!
  15. GravelRider

Oddometer:
    I just ordered the jacket from Revzilla. Definitely WAY more money than I had originally wanted to spend on a jacket. This thing better give me erections when it touches my skin.

Thanks for all the sizing help guys. I was still debating between a large and extra large, but then I figured out how to measure my long arms. Turns out I have a 34" sleeve, so XL was definitely the way to go... and if it's not, Revzilla has an excellent return policy.
  16. Mr_Gone

Mr_Gone Viking Berserker

Oddometer:
    Sorry to break it to you, but you will not get erections when it touches your skin, unless you're weird. :D

At first, the only thing that will be stiff is the jacket. After a break-in period, maybe it'll do something for you "down there."

You'll love the jacket. It will take you thirty minutes just to count all the freaking pockets. I think it has 117, but I could be wrong. :deal

We'll expect your first impressions, and a thorough review somewhere in the 2,500-word range within a week of receiving the jacket. Plus photos.

Ride on!!!
  17. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm counting on this being a good piece of gear also as I have just snapped up a slightly used suit and am patiently waiting on it being shipped!

All the great info in this thread helped me decide on this suit.:clap

Cheers
  18. One Less Harley

One Less Harley OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Oddometer:
    just got mine in which was tried on at Tellico and had it shipped to me to avoid the TN sales tax. The collar sucks ass, gotta figure out something on it, maybe wear a scarf or something.
  19. GravelRider

Oddometer:
    Holy crap, you weren't kidding. Pockets, pockets, pockets! You were wrong about the erection thing though... :lol3

Gotta love Revzilla. Ordered yesterday afternoon... At my doorstep today about 26 hours later with free shipping!!! Granted, it's nice living only three hours drive from them, but still...

Thanks again for the sizing advice everyone. I was definitely set on buying the large size. The XL fits me near perfectly. The large would have definitely been too small. It's slightly too large in the belly... But that just leaves me room to grow. :deal :lol3

[​IMG]
  20. Hikertrash

Hikertrash Wasted Rock Ranger

Oddometer:
    What do you hate about the collar? Having owned both versions of the Latitude, I like the badlands collar because you can keep it open with the Velcro tabs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk